Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
pisano77
Bat Boy

Injuries

Anyone else having a player get injured every other day. I know players get hurt but it is happening way to much. Once a player comes off the IR i have to put another one or two on.
pisano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I think that is always the hottest topic in any sport management game. We actually have it toned down a bit before release. But you can further turn it down in options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisano77 View Post
Anyone else having a player get injured every other day. I know players get hurt but it is happening way to much. Once a player comes off the IR i have to put another one or two on.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I think that is always the hottest topic in any sport management game. We actually have it toned down a bit before release. But you can further turn it down in options.
Can you be a bit more specific about where to find the relevant options? My best guess is that it is under the League Edit link when in commissioner mode, but that Edit option is greyed out for me. On another thread, I was told that this Edit option can be used only on July 1. So I conclude from that constraint that we cannot change injury frequency once a game has started. Is that right?
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Can you be a bit more specific about where to find the relevant options? My best guess is that it is under the League Edit link when in commissioner mode, but that Edit option is greyed out for me. On another thread, I was told that this Edit option can be used only on July 1. So I conclude from that constraint that we cannot change injury frequency once a game has started. Is that right?
Injury frequency is under Game->Setup Options, on righthand side of screen. I was just able to change it and it wasn't July 1st.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
Vikke

The thing that bugs me the most about injuries aren't the frequency, it's the hassle of replacing the injured player, especially if it's a very short term injury and you just kinda want to throw your spare roster guy there, even if it's a 1st liner that got hurt.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
The thing that bugs me the most about injuries aren't the frequency, it's the hassle of replacing the injured player, especially if it's a very short term injury and you just kinda want to throw your spare roster guy there, even if it's a 1st liner that got hurt.
Allow your AI assistant to handle it!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Allow your AI assistant to handle it!
I could, but I wish there was an easier way. Me and Jeff discussed a while back, like a way to "drag" the dressed jersey icon from player x to player y and let all the assignments come along automatically
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Its actually better in this version than the original. With the original about half the Day to day injuries you had to switch your lineup, which would get really old really fast.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote