Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #21
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Sorry but I'm a little unhappy with the teams. Why can't we have custom logos to build a unique history?
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:14 AM   #22
Mantush
Minors (Double A)

I am definitely interested in this. PM is the best way to contact me.
Mantush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #23
OOTPRealTime
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
Sorry but I'm a little unhappy with the teams. Why can't we have custom logos to build a unique history?
These are the only teams that will come from existing teams. The rest are going to be new. I have one of the best helping out in creating the new logos/unis.

View Current Organizational Depth Chart (dynamic)
OOTPRealTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #24
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPRealTime View Post
These are the only teams that will come from existing teams. The rest are going to be new. I have one of the best helping out in creating the new logos/unis.
GREAT! I can't wait!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I'd be interested in taking part as a Team President or GM, please keep me in mind for filling out the group.

Feel free to PM me on here, or email me at adam@partytowne.ca
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #26
OOTPRealTime
Minors (Double A)

Next round of franchise announcements

These next four franchises will make up the Oracle (North) league:

BROOKLYN RESPONDERS
City: Brooklyn, New York
Market Size: Small
Fan Loyalty: Very Good
Current Fan Interest: 65
Stadium: New Ebbets Field (new construction)
Capacity: 25,000
Local TV Deal: $7,000,000

Baseball is back in Brooklyn! The newly coined "Responders" as in our hero first responders (fire, police, EMS) will begin play in a brand new Ebbets Field that will be constructed in a similar format to the old, classic ballpark that held the Brooklyn Dodgers. At first, the stadium will hold 25,000 but there will be room for growth. Being close to the New York area, they will have a slightly larger TV deal but will have to battle with the NBA Nets and other MLB clubs for the entertainment dollar.

LOGO: TBA
JERSEY: TBA

PORTLAND BEAVERS
City: Portland, Oregon
Fan Loyalty: Good
Current Fan Interest: 55
Stadium: Samuel Adams Stadium (new construction)
Capacity: 30,000
Local TV Deal: $5,000,000

The city of Portland has been pining for a MLB club for a long time. Now, they will get baseball with the IBA. The Beavers will begin play in 2016 at a newly constructed, retractable roofed stadium. The challenge here will be building the fan base to support a baseball team. They will compete with the NBA Trail Blazers, but under the right leadership, they could be the class of the IBA.

VANCOUVER VENOM
City: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Current Fan Interest: 65
Stadium: Nissan Field (new construction)
Local TV Deal: $4,000,000

The second Canadian franchise will be in Vancouver. The Venom will play at newly constructed Nissan Field that will break ground soon and be ready for Opening Day in the inaugural 2016 season. The Venom will have to compete with the Canucks of the NHL - which will undoubtedly rule the roost - however, there are passionate sports fans in that are ready for the Venom to being play.

NASHVILLE SOUNDS
City: Nashville, Tennessee
Current Fan Interest: 60
Stadium: Hershel Greer Stadium (existing)
Capacity: 15,000
Local TV Deal: $5,000,000

The final MLB affiliated team will be the Nashville Sounds. However, the new ownership may choose to re-brand and get a new nickname if they so choose. The Nashville club will play in the existing Hershel Greer Stadium. This stadium could use some upgrades and they could be in line for a new construction with some early success.

Keep in mind that all five of the current MiLB teams that will join the IBA are up for re-branding if the new Team President wants to take that on.

Also, I have Isedelrod working on logos and uniforms for these new teams!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #27
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

I will apply for Nashville when we can. They will be totally re-branded, and I will get the fans to start coming to the stadium.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #28
huskerfan4life
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOTPRealTime View Post
First of all, I want to be very clear with my intent on this project/idea. I have no idea what my role will be. I like to think of myself as an "idea guy" and I've created this idea over some time. I've waited until '15 came out to announce it. I have played in "real" MLB-style leagues with real teams, real players and real financials. I've played in completely fictional leagues as well. I wanted to combine the two and this is what I've come up with. I'd like to create a hierarchical system in which we will have 16 team "Presidents" who will then hire "partners" to play the role of General Manager. Then, have the General Manager "hire" a Farm Director. Since I am the "idea guy" - I'll handle the back story, sponsorship evolution, expansion, association with MLB and basically play the role of "Creative Director" behind the scenes. This prologue will make much more sense after reading the story behind the creation of the IBL. I hope to create some buzz behind this thing and then have dedicated OOTP'ers apply to be charter members of this league...

So...here goes:

THE INTERNATIONAL BASEBALL ASSOCIATION REALIZED
By: Tom House, New York Times | April 18, 2014

On January 15th, 2011 the baseball landscape as we know it began to change. This was the day that three visionaries (who also happened to be billionaires and baseball enthusiasts) met to discuss starting a new league that took on a new model that focused on competitive franchises and affordable entertainment to baseball-starved areas throughout North America. Yes, that’s right, North America.

Over the past three years, these “Founders” have leveraged relationships with Fortune 500 companies (sponsors), leadership on the city, state, national and international levels, and secretly began building the framework for the International Baseball Association (IBA).

In a press conference held yesterday the rumors that have been circulating were realized as this outline was released to the public for the first time and executives at Major League Baseball could do nothing but gulp. Not that the IBA is going to challenge MLB for baseball supremacy - in fact, the leadership of the IBA was very clear in their intentions to co-exist and possibly work with them in the future. What does that mean? They didn’t know. Another point that was made very clear - this is still a work in progress. The exact rules and initial constitution have not been ratified. However, there have been years of meetings, arguments and conversations that have led to the framework detailed in this article.

Opening Day of the IBA is set for May 1st, 2016 with 16 franchises spanning the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Founders have established agreements with 16 cities to build the charter organizations of the Association. There are future plans to expand into the Far East (Japan & China), Europe and even Australia. This would make it a true “International” affair.
The heart and soul of the IBA will focus on the most important clientele, the players and the fans. This will be explained as we go along also.

THE FOUNDERS

Three billionaires that share a love for the game of baseball and sports in general have joined forces to create this new league to challenge the current structure and to provide an optimal experience for fans that is both entertaining and affordable. The bulk of the funding needed to exist will come from corporate sponsorships, television deals and merchandising. These three men have already, behind-the-scenes created a structure of corporate sponsorship and even their own money to announce the league and the first round of franchises. The “Founders” are:

Larry Ellison - Ellison, 69, has already shown the willingness to fork up his own money to fund a sporting event. His “Team Oracle” has won back-to-back America’s Cup sailing competitions in San Francisco bay. He owns Oracle and is No. 3 on Forbes “Richest Men in America” list. He will oversee the corporate partnerships (he has a few contacts) and also the development of the franchises in the U.S. cities.

Michael Bloomberg - The former Mayor of New York has relinquished control of the city and now remains the 16th richest person in the world. His new efforts include philanthropic works, anti-gun programs in the US and even a new baseball league. His role will focus on the IBA getting proper coverage in print media, social media and television partnerships.

Carlos Slim - Once deemed the richest man in the world, the Mexican magnate is still the CEO of both America Movil and Telmex. He’ll be overseeing the development of the IBA in Mexico, Puerto Rico and non-U.S. expansion in the future.

FRANCHISE OWNERSHIP

Perhaps the biggest difference between the IBA and MLB is that the cities will actually own the franchises - creating an even greater sense of pride in the hometown team. The revenues will actually be used to improve these cities, and the fans won’t be charged exorbitant prices to make an already extremely wealthy owner, that much more so. Fans won’t have to worry about a money-hungry businessman running their club and keeping the profits - instead of improving their favorite team - one that the fans support through thick and thin.

We introduced the “Founders” of the IBA. These visionaries have come together to establish this league and fund the initial set-up. They will spend their own money to help cities take on the responsibility of building a stadium, or in some cases, rehab an existing structure to accommodate the necessary fans to support these teams. When it comes time for the city to ask taxpayers to help fund stadium improvements and/or new construction, one would believe the constituents will be more willing to participate if they know that this team actually contributes back to the community in which they live. “It becomes more of an investment for taxpayers to put their trust in the teams board of directors and management. Instead of just pumping their hard-earned money to make another man rich - they will actually see improvements to their parks, streets and development of other community projects,” said Ellison, during the press conference announcing this landscape-changing formation of the IBA.

STRUCTURE

The initial structure of the Association will feature two eight team leagues, to make up the total of 16 founding franchises. The “Oracle” division will feature eight teams in the northern areas - including teams in the U.S. and Canada. The second league, deemed “TelMex” will feature teams from the southern part of North America and will include franchises in the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico.

“We have agreements and stadium plans with sixteen cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico,” said Bloomberg. “We’re excited to announce these cities and all have done a great job keeping our conversations out of the media so we can make a grand announcement very soon,” he continued.

The Association will being revealing their Charter organizations here shortly, so there won’t be much time for speculation, but based on the chatter - we have some guesses. For one, we expect to see a team back in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. They have the stadium, the brand and the fans chomping at the bit to get a team back. We can also narrow down the cities in Puerto Rico to San Juan, Bayamon and Ponce as the leading candidates there. San Juan is almost a sure thing. However, Bayamon is so close, it may make sense to have a second franchise located in the country’s southern portion and Ponce is the clear choice. That’s assuming there will be more than one located in Puerto Rico - that wasn’t announced. In Mexico, you’d have to think that both Mexico City and Monterrey would be the clear choices. As for the U.S. - expect to see the next on the MLB list to grab franchises. We’ll soon find out.

FINANCIALS

Financially speaking, the IBA will be different than it’s counterpart in MLB. The IBA will feature corporate sponsorships for the league - established by the billionaire founders of the league. These league sponsors will actually divvie the money evenly to all clubs. The IBA will feature a 40% visitors gate share (up from MLB’s model of 20%) to help keep all teams on a level playing field, despite market size and attendance. This will help keep the league balanced and let parity exist. There will be a soft salary cap that each club must obey - but that cap will be determined by league earnings and will be adjusted each year to ensure the franchises aren’t handicapped in trying to lure bigger names to their organizations. The initial salary cap to build their first rosters is $25 Million. We will breakdown this number below. As the IBA grows, eventually, maybe they will be competing for the Robinson Cano’s of baseball free agency.

Breakdown:
Each city is responsible for preparing a stadium for play and to provide $5 Million to be used towards operating expenses. The National TV deal is in conjunction with Turner broadcasting and they will distribute games and the newly formed network called IBATV. This is worth $250 Million ($15,265,000/year to each club) on a 3-year deal. Bloomberg has worked with each market to develop a local TV deal which varies for each location. These deals will be announced with the revelation of each organization in the near future. Oracle (Ellison) and Telmex (Slim) have each ponied up $50 Million to become the official leagues sponsors - complete with namings rights - and top partners of the new league. In addition, the group has formed partnerships with major segments in the following categories (with buy-in amount):

Beer -- Samuel Adams -- $30 Million
Soft Drink -- Coca-Cola -- $30 Million
Automobile -- Nissan -- $30 Million
Airline -- Delta Airlines -- $15 Million - along with Charter flights for all teams.
Credit Card -- Visa -- $30 Million
Bank -- Wells Fargo -- $25 Million
Energy Drink -- Red Bull -- $10 Million

These amounts will cover the first five years of competition (seven years total) and will all be forwarded up-front to get the league started. After the 2020 IBA season, these will be re-negotiated as a yearly contribution - again, to be split evenly between the teams. Since the cities own the clubs, they will not have their own sponsorships - a key reason why these organizations were willing to fork over a large sum of cash to an unproven product. Their signage will be prevalent in some very highly marketable cities throughout North America. Some will even get naming rights on newly constructed stadiums to be built for Opening Day in 2016.

The IBA offices (located in Los Angeles, CA) will use 10% to get their “team” set-up and operate ($30.5 Million). Each franchise will be given $7.16 Million to make improvements to their stadiums (or put towards building a new one), hire front office staff and use at their discretion. This leaves $20 Million for player salaries, which will be the initial salary cap. Keeping in mind, each team will have a form of a minor league development team and an international complex to develop young players.

After the season, the IBA will determine the revenues of each club, take their 10% operating fee and then evenly distribute the earnings to the CITIES who earned them. They will then determine a new salary cap and announce it each off-season prior to free agency.

CLUB EXECUTIVES

The cities will hire and maintain a Board of Directors for each franchise. This board will be made up of local legislators, business owners and even fans. These boards will make decisions, along with an appointed President for each of the clubs. The President of the clubs will be responsible for hiring a General Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the club. The General Manager will be responsible for hiring a Farm Director to aide in the development of players in the minor league (which will be covered shortly). The President will also be in charge of convincing the board of all non-baseball activities - including stadium renovations, local television deals and anything else that comes up.

SCHEDULING

The IBA will feature a 120-game schedule. This leaves room for expansion of games in the future but could also serve as an incentive to join the IBA from MLB - less games puts more importance on each game and gives more time with family and less risk of injury. It will feature inter-league play so that the U.S.-based clubs will play in Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico on occasion. This also provides an even scheduling where each team will play two four-game series with each other team - one at home and one on the road.

ROSTER MAKEUP

The initial set-up of the IBA will be filled by aging veterans of MLB clubs and those who have paid their dues in the MLB minor league structure but haven’t seen the fruits of their labors realized. The IBA will also be heavily into international scouting and signings from all over the world. The IBA has made it clear that they are not in direct competition with Major League Baseball...at least not right away. The Founders will provide the start-up capital to sign their initial rosters - again, constructed from those players whose MLB contracts are up and they could make more money elsewhere. No longer will a veteran player have to “settle” for playing in Japan to make a few extra bucks. They can now choose to stay closer to home, make more money and even regain their status as a premier player and fan favorite in a new structure. Each club may want to go after players from their hometown’s to add another “hook” for fans.

With the league set to start in May of 2016, the IBA franchises will start signing players in the off-season following the 2015 Major League Baseball season. Clubs can start signing International free agents right away and developing them in their established International complex. That complex will feature no more than 50 players at a time and must be under the age of 18 years old at the beginning of the IBA regular season. If a player is above that age, he must either be placed on the big club or on the minor-league team.

Like MLB, the IBA will feature an active 25-man roster throughout the season. Their “expanded” rosters for the final 25 games of the season will consist of 30 players (rather than the 40 imposed by MLB rules).

PLAYOFFS

This is an exciting feature. Learning from what MLB has done over the past few years in expanding the playoffs - the IBA will feature ten (10) teams making the playoffs. The top three from each league will make it, as well as two wild-card teams. The wild-card teams will play a one-game playoff for the right to play the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs. That first round is a 5-game series, however, the higher seed will play four games at home, and the lower seed will only get one. That places an added incentive on finishing higher in the regular season standings. Whichever teams make it out of their League Championship Series will play in the coined “International World Championship Series” (IWCS) to crown a champion.

MINOR LEAGUES (DRL)

We’ve been using the term “minor league” throughout this article to this point. The IBA will feature one “DRL” team for each organization - Development & Rehab League. These teams will be limited to 30 players and the “DRL” will play 80 games against other DRL teams (one for each franchise) and a Champion will be crowned. One player-friendly aspect to the IBA is that after three years from being drafted by an IBA franchise, the player will become a free agent if the organization does not commit to them.

This format has been said to be fan- and player-friendly. So, how is it fan-friendly? Well, for one, we mentioned that each team is owned by the city who hosts them. The IBA Founders will work with each city’s B.O.D. to ensure all is well. If a team can no longer handle the IBA structure, the franchise may be moved to another market. In addition, as eluded to earlier, the Founders will work to expand the Association into Europe and the Asian market. This would add to the overall revenue sharing and make the entire IBA, and it’s participating cities/organizations that much stronger. The revenue share is set at 50% of proceeds and 40% of gate revenue to be shared amongst all teams. The soft salary cap will ensure that no team becomes too large and is granted an unfair advantage. The fans will enjoy a lower cost for tickets because of the incremental revenue brought in by big sponsorship deals that go to the teams - not the Association.

This is the structure. Next up will be the revealing of the cities who will be included in the 16-member charter of the International Baseball Association. Stay tuned.

--------------

Again, I know my limitations. I know I likely won't have the time to dedicate to be the full blown Commissioner. I'll need to have somebody handle the website and scheduling and simming (preferably a non-participant). That can all work itself out. I wanted to put the idea out there and see where it goes.

Next up, I'll be revealing the 16 cities/organizations that will up for grabs!
I am definitly interested in taking on a President or GM position, hopefully the Omaha StormChaser will be a team available being that I hail from Omaha
huskerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:52 AM   #29
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Seems like an interesting league, goodluck!
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #30
Swill1845
Bat Boy

I would like to be in as well , email is the best way to get a hold of me swill1845 at gmail
Swill1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #31
Brnwsbucksfannc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
I will apply for Nashville when we can. They will be totally re-branded, and I will get the fans to start coming to the stadium.

I like this! My old town, it would be nice to see the stands full there!
Brnwsbucksfannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #32
OOTPRealTime
Minors (Double A)

TelMex (South) League Teams 1-4

SAN ANTONIO COPPERHEADS
City: San Antonio, Texas
Starting Fan Interest: 60
Stadium: Copperhead Stadium (new construction)
Capacity: 30,000

The San Antonio Missions will re-brand as the San Antonio Copperheads and begin play as the professional baseball team in San Antonio, Texas. They will complete construction on a brand-new 30,000-capacity stadium (currently looking for a naming rights sponsor). The Copperheads will have some competition for the entertainment dollar (namely Football and the Spurs of the NBA), but Texas is a baseball hot bed and they should have no problem attracting fans.

Logo:

Uniforms:
TBA

SAN JUAN AMIGOS
City: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Fan Loyalty: Excellent
Starting Fan Interest: 80
Stadium: Hiram Bithorn Stadium (existing)
Capacity: 18.264
Local TV Deal: $2,500,000

The crazy fans of San Juan have been starved for a team to compete throughout the U.S. and Canada, and now they will have one. The Amigos will begin play at Hiram Bithorn Stadium - which could sure use some upgrading - in 2016. They will become the biggest affiliated team to play there and should draw well. They could expand in the future and they'll deal with a smaller TV deal (being in Puerto Rico). Under the right leadership, the San Juan franchise could become the envy of all IBA franchises.

Logo:

Uniforms:
TBA

HONOLULU WARRIORS
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
Fan Loyalty: Very Good
Starting Fan Interest: 55
Stadium: Warrior Stadium

Professional baseball has finally made its way to the Islands. While this franchise will have to compete with great weather, surfing and other forms of entertainment, they will open up a brand-new, state-of-the-art, 20,000-seat stadium in 2016. Hawaiians are loyal people and with the correct branding and on-field success, this could become a mainstay and hot topic in Hawaii's biggest city.

Logo:

Uniforms:
TBA

SAN JOSE SPARTANS
City: San Jose, California
Fan Loyalty: Average
Starting Fan Interest: 50
Stadium: Cisco Field
Capacity: 35,000
Local TV Deal: $6,000,000

No more trying to convince MLB and/or the Oakland Athletics to move to San Jose. The Spartans are coming! The city has agreed to build a toned down version of the proposed field to house the A's at 35,000 seats. The challenge will be keeping the fans interested and sticking with their team - with so many other forms of entertainment. The new stadium will sure help, and so will the local TV money being in California.

Stadium:

Logo:
TBA

Uniforms:
TBA

Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #33
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This looks super interesting. Is it still on rails? Add me to the President pool please!
MrFridayMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #34
x12AiDeRx
Bat Boy

I want in I sent you a PM
x12AiDeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #35
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

So I assume this league is dead? Why? You were generating interest.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #36
Ottisrocks
Bat Boy

too bad looked really good
Ottisrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #37
Deckster
Bat Boy

I'm new to OOTP but this sounds like an amazing idea.

Please add me to the list tenaciousxjoe at gmail.

Open for whatever is available. Thanks!!
Deckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #38
wdtd31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Guess this is dead? Havent seen anything new
wdtd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #39
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

What happened to this?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #40
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
What happened to this?
I know, I thought the same thing lol