Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #1021
cheech411
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
hadley

Name:  Bump_Hadley.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  384.2 KB

Name:  Bump_Hadley_p.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  19.8 KB needs phil a logo RED P on color shot other w white sox MANY THANKS !!!!!!!!

Last edited by cheech411; 02-12-2018 at 05:56 PM.
cheech411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #1022
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com
Hall Of Famer

Ron Tompkins

with Krantzbucks custom photo of Ron Tompkins, my pieced together attempt at a 1969 Royals card. used different pieces of cards to assemble. don't have proper program to make cards to look good. just an amateur attempt. . here is his other custom to a 1971 topps custom
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com; 02-12-2018 at 07:18 PM.
rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:52 AM   #1023
Hall Of Famer

Colorization request Jim Abbott

Took a Seattle Pilot body and added Jim Abbott face. although he did not pitch in the 1999 Turn Back The Clock game He was on the roster. thought it would be cool to have in a Pilot Uni. Requesting if you can colorize this photo, the face and hat and piping on sleeves. I attempted to colorize the other. Not a pro at this trying to learn. Don't know how to colorize the face and hat and piping on the sleeves. If that can be done for me I would be very appreciative. Thanks so much.
Attached Images

Last edited by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com; 02-15-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #1024
cheech411
Banned

Lyn larry browns

thanks fatjack DO ITEM BELOW THIS POST NOT THIS 1
Attached Images

Last edited by cheech411; 02-15-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #1025
cheech411
Banned

2 more

Name:  LARRY.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  LYNN.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  52.2 KB

Name:  Lyn_Lary_.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  52.4 KB 3 MORE thanks

Last edited by cheech411; 02-14-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #1026
cheech411
Banned

lou_finney

phil a's also played w phillies[ATTACH][/ATTACH] thanks
Attached Images
Old 02-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #1027
cheech411
Banned

hoag

Name:  Myril_Hoag.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  Myril_Hoag_b.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  29.4 KB many thanks
Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #1028
Hall Of Famer

Colorize and Ciny Cap.

Hello possible to colorize and put a Ciny Cap on Ron Tompkins.
Attached Images

Last edited by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com; 02-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #1029
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Mel Mazzera 1935

Melvin Leonard Mazzera colorized by request with the St Louis Browns
Attached Images
krantzbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #1030
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Hey Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Took a Seattle Pilot body and added Jim Abbott face. although he did not pitch in the 1999 Turn Back The Clock game He was on the roster. thought it would be cool to have in a Pilot Uni. Requesting if you can colorize this photo, the face and hat and piping on sleeves. I attempted to colorize the other. Not a pro at this trying to learn. Don't know how to colorize the face and hat and piping on the sleeves. If that can be done for me I would be very appreciative. Thanks so much.
Krantz, I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread for a moment.

Here's an Abbott I threw together. Leaving aside Abbott, here, there are many colorizing programs and many of them are free. I can't speak for others (and I'm a MAC guy), but I initially learned to colorize using Instant Photo Color. It's virtue is that it is very simple. It's like using your cursor like a crayon or a paint brush. It's "fault" is that it's very simple--very limited. You can only do so much with the colors and you'll be outside the lines a lot (you can clean it up some, but it can still look sloppy). But, because it is so d**n simple, it's a good learning program.

Then I downloaded GIMP. GIMP seems a lot more intimidating because it has more bells and whistles and it can do a lot more. So, at first, I continued with Instant Photo Color and I would occasionally try different things in GIMP. Then I would try something else in GIMP. Early on, I'd get frustrated when I couldn't get it to do what I wanted (usually my fault). But you go back and try again later. Over time, it got to be more like, "Oooh, I wonder what this does.....Cool."

For a period of time, then, I used IPC and then "refined" it in GIMP. And, now, I work almost exclusively in GIMP (I still do my initial flesh tones in ICP because I have my own technique, which I like even though it's unnecessarily complicated).

The key to all of this, in my opinion, is patience. You weren't born walking and you didn't learn to walk without falling down again in a day. And, even after colorizing for years, some of my stuff still sucks. There's a board game called Othello, the slogan for which is "an instant to learn, a lifetime to master." Don't strive for perfection; strive to learn...from your own mistakes and successes and from what you can see in the work of others. Of course that's just me. I'm your basic idiot. Some of the folks who do the colorization thing are beyond talented...they are artists. And I'm sure some of them had a natural inclination and picked it all up very quickly. But that's part of what makes me a good example. Because I'm an idiot. And, nonetheless, I have had the patience to keep at it and the interest to learn and get better at it and, at this point, I feel I do fairly well...usually. And, if an idiot like me can do it, anyone should be able to. But I have little patience for people with little patience. Just sayin'.

OK. Sermon over (you didn't think the Abbott would be free, did you?). Now, Abbott, here, is more of a photoshop deal (done in GIMP), but the uni is partially colorized (also in GIMP). It has plenty of faults and would have taken me a third of the time if I hadn't been in such a hurry. One fun fact...I noticed the shadows were wrong (a common problem I have matching body parts). One person's head, another's body...you gotta watch that. I had to remove the shadow from one shoulder and put it on the other. First time I've ever done that. Still learning.
Attached Images
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:00 AM   #1031
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJack View Post

Here's an Abbott I threw together. Leaving aside Abbott, here, there are many colorizing programs and many of them are free. I can't speak for others (and I'm a MAC guy), but I initially learned to colorize using Instant Photo Color. It's virtue is that it is very simple. It's like using your cursor like a crayon or a paint brush. It's "fault" is that it's very simple--very limited. You can only do so much with the colors and you'll be outside the lines a lot (you can clean it up some, but it can still look sloppy). But, because it is so d**n simple, it's a good learning program.

Then I downloaded GIMP. GIMP seems a lot more intimidating because it has more bells and whistles and it can do a lot more. So, at first, I continued with Instant Photo Color and I would occasionally try different things in GIMP. Then I would try something else in GIMP. Early on, I'd get frustrated when I couldn't get it to do what I wanted (usually my fault). But you go back and try again later. Over time, it got to be more like, "Oooh, I wonder what this does.....Cool."

For a period of time, then, I used IPC and then "refined" it in GIMP. And, now, I work almost exclusively in GIMP (I still do my initial flesh tones in ICP because I have my own technique, which I like even though it's unnecessarily complicated).

The key to all of this, in my opinion, is patience. You weren't born walking and you didn't learn to walk without falling down again in a day. And, even after colorizing for years, some of my stuff still sucks. There's a board game called Othello, the slogan for which is "an instant to learn, a lifetime to master." Don't strive for perfection; strive to learn...from your own mistakes and successes and from what you can see in the work of others. Of course that's just me. I'm your basic idiot. Some of the folks who do the colorization thing are beyond talented...they are artists. And I'm sure some of them had a natural inclination and picked it all up very quickly. But that's part of what makes me a good example. Because I'm an idiot. And, nonetheless, I have had the patience to keep at it and the interest to learn and get better at it and, at this point, I feel I do fairly well...usually. And, if an idiot like me can do it, anyone should be able to. But I have little patience for people with little patience. Just sayin'.

OK. Sermon over (you didn't think the Abbott would be free, did you?). Now, Abbott, here, is more of a photoshop deal (done in GIMP), but the uni is partially colorized (also in GIMP). It has plenty of faults and would have taken me a third of the time if I hadn't been in such a hurry. One fun fact...I noticed the shadows were wrong (a common problem I have matching body parts). One person's head, another's body...you gotta watch that. I had to remove the shadow from one shoulder and put it on the other. First time I've ever done that. Still learning.
Thanks so much for the info for letting me know a program to work with.

Last edited by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com; 02-18-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #1032
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJack View Post

Nice job, Jack. These sort of "Frankenstein" jobs are difficult. I remember following your Pilots thread at Baseball Birthdays greatly missed forum. You have a skill with the photo mash-ups, especially when it comes to the custom carding. Don't consider it a "hijack" at all. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. I have been toying around with this request as well. I will post the results soon.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #1033
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Bill Kelso 1964

Here we have the Bill Kelso image. I have colorized it and used GIMP to attempt to put him in a Kansas City Royals' uniform. It comes out a bit rough given the resolution of the original submission.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #1034
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Nig Lipscomb 1937

Gerard Lipscomb colorized by request with the St Louis Browns.
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #1035
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Roy Patterson 1901

Roy Lewis Patterson colorized with the Chicago White Sox. The original image of "Pat St Croix" was originally posted by Cinemaodyssey.
Attached Images
Old 02-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #1036
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantzbucks View Post
Here we have the Bill Kelso image. I have colorized it and used GIMP to attempt to put him in a Kansas City Royals' uniform. It comes out a bit rough given the resolution of the original submission.
Still a great job. consider the photo quality. Thanks. Tried to download the gimp and other. no credit card so could not get it. any free programs to work with? I want to learn to do my own custom work. how do you'll get the card templates and how do you get the photos set in the frames?
Old 02-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #1037
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlumpkin1@tampabay.rr.com View Post
Still a great job. consider the photo quality. Thanks. Tried to download the gimp and other. no credit card so could not get it. any free programs to work with? I want to learn to do my own custom work. how do you'll get the card templates and how do you get the photos set in the frames?
Both GIMP and Instant Photo Color are free programs. And there are plenty of other free editing and colorizing programs. If you got asked for a credit card, you likely hit the wrong button (free software is often surrounded by a bunch of "pick me" download buttons which are actually paid ads...that's how they make their money on a lot of freeware). The GIMP I linked to did want you to sign in with Facebook or Google, both of which should be free to register to and should not require a credit card, but feel free to Google because GIMP is available free from a lot of places (I just posted the first one fo MAC that came up in Google).

Templates are another matter. I, again, can't speak for others, but I design all my own templates from scratch (yes, even if I'm doing something Topps-like, which I don't do much anymore) using various shapes in a program that came pre-loaded on my computer. I do it very much like anything else I do, starting with, "I wonder if I could get something to look like that." Most computers should have some similar program (it would be one for laying out things like greeting cards, address labels or CD covers; you'd choose a blank space and design from scratch). You can buy templates, I suppose. And some people, it appears to me, just take an existing card scan and digitally erase the original player image, having layered the new image behind it. They'll overlay the new text, as well...probably not too unlike what you're already doing with your cards.

Last edited by FatJack; 02-19-2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: adding "scan", Stan
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #1038
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Frank E Smith 1904

Frank Elmer Smith colorized with the Chicago White Sox. The original image of "Piano Mover" Smith was uploaded by Cinemaodyssey.
Attached Images
Old 02-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #1039
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Steve Boros 1957

Steve Boros colorized by request with the Kansas City Royals
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #1040
krantzbucks
Hall Of Famer

Bump Hadley 1926

Irving Darius "Bump" Hadley colorized by request with the Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia Athletics, and Washington Senators
Attached Images
Image Image Image