Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #41
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Layton... would it be possible to add a way to delete logos in this? I've discovered that I occasionally have doubles and then have to go to wherever that logo is and delete it from there.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #42
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

nm
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #43
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I've wanted to rename every logo in my collection just like this but haven't in the past because it would have been such a daunting task doing it one at a time with photoshop open. This is making it soooooo easy. When I'm done I bet won't have spent more than 7-8 hours. Before this I know it would've taken weeks or months.
Yeah, this is huge. I love (and have often used) your logo collection, but I find it's most helpful for one or two fill-in logos rather than creating a whole universe, mostly because I don't want to spend that kind of time. This makes it so much less labor intensive.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #44
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Layton... would it be possible to add a way to delete logos in this? I've discovered that I occasionally have doubles and then have to go to wherever that logo is and delete it from there.
That is certainly do-able. I'm also toying with the idea of a duplicate logo button, so that you can put in alternate spellings as they exist in the team_nick_names.txt file. For example, that file has both "Redbirds" and "Red Birds" listed as possible names. Rather than finding a new logo altogether, it probably makes sense to just duplicate a logo so that it is included under both spellings.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #45
Who Killed Kenny?
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy View Post
Unfortunately, this would probably be beyond my skillset (at least, it would take more time for me to code than I have available). However, there are a bunch of free programs out there that might fit the bill for you.

One program I would recommend is IrfanView, which is a powerful but lightweight image editor. You can use some of the colour tools on that to adjust the R, G, and B colour levels and/or transform colours for the entire image.

If you want something more powerful, I'd recommend a program like GIMP. This is basically a free PhotoShop-like program build for GNU users. To run GIMP on a Windows machine, you will need to download an installer from here.

Other than that, there's a lot of great logo-makers and modders on these forums who might be receptive to re-colouring logos if you post them and ask nicely.

That's ok, I was reaching for the sky anyways. I would be nice if one tool could do it all!

I have GIMP, but its no way easy to learn. I've learned a lot about it by playing around with it, but I'm not all that artistic and my logos look stupid.

Since GIMP does allow plugins, does anyone on these boards know how to write GIMP plugins? It'd be great if someone knew if there was a way to plug it in to Layton's awesome app....
Who Killed Kenny? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #46
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

New Version

I've just released an update to the program. The new version adds a couple new features. First is the "clear uni" and "clear all unis". These buttons clear out uniform and cap colour information, but leave the background, text, and secondary colours intact (this will make it easier to release logo packs in different "flavours"). Second, I added a "delete file" button (self-explanatory) and a "copy file" button (which copies the current file, with colour information, and adds "_new" to the end of the team nickname).

Download version (0.5.1.470)
Old 03-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #47
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
That is certainly do-able. I'm also toying with the idea of a duplicate logo button, so that you can put in alternate spellings as they exist in the team_nick_names.txt file. For example, that file has both "Redbirds" and "Red Birds" listed as possible names. Rather than finding a new logo altogether, it probably makes sense to just duplicate a logo so that it is included under both spellings.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #48
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've just released an update to the program. The new version adds a couple new features. First is the "clear uni" and "clear all unis". These buttons clear out uniform and cap colour information, but leave the background, text, and secondary colours intact (this will make it easier to release logo packs in different "flavours"). Second, I added a "delete file" button (self-explanatory) and a "copy file" button (which copies the current file, with colour information, and adds "_new" to the end of the team nickname).

Download version (0.5.1.470)
Beast mode. This is great.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #49
Athletics17
All Star Starter

I just downloaded this and am going to go through my uniforms with this. Thank you for your effort because this is awesome!!

Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Killed Kenny? View Post
I have GIMP, but its no way easy to learn.
Try this.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #51
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Ugh. Now you tell me. I've just spent the last two days setting up colours, logos and cap logos to all 32 teams (-3 that I haven't finished, so really 29) in my fictional league.

Seems like I'm always late to the party. Get the game for $15 off the regular price?...nope. Get a cool app that will do automatically what I've spent several hours doing manually?...nope.

You can't use this to select cap logos, though, can you? If you could I would like to use it so that, if I needed to start up a new league, the logos would already be there.

Now I just need something to mass edit the ballparks.

Thanks Leyton in Winnipeg. My wife graduated from UofM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #52
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes View Post
Seems like I'm always late to the party. Get the game for $15 off the regular price?...nope. Get a cool app that will do automatically what I've spent several hours doing manually?...nope.
You snooze, you lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #53
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Updates

Hello all. I have a couple of updates to share. First, I'm releasing an updated version of the utility (0.6.1.481). This version fixes how the program handles punctuation marks in team nicknames (for example, a team called the "A's" should have the file name As_FFFFFF_etc.png not A's_FFFFFF_etc.png).

Download the latest version (0.6.1.481) here.

Second, as many of you know, cephasjames has re-released his set of fictional/generic team logos after re-naming the files using this utility. His logo set can be downloaded here.

All of cephasjames' logos use a classic home uniform colour convention (white jersey, with colour trim and stripes). For anyone interested in converting cephasjames' collection into an "alternate" style (colour uniform), all you need to do is follow these steps:
  1. Download cephasjames' logo collection
  2. Download the Fictional Logo File Name Utility
  3. Open up the utility, and open the folder where the logos are stored.
  4. Click "clear all uniforms"
  5. Select "use coloured uniforms" in the randomization settings
  6. Click "randomize all"
  7. Click "re-name all"

Finally, I will be posting a new thread on these forums in the next couple of these days to ask for the OOTP community's help in filling in some of the holes in cephasjames' logo collection. OOTP ships with a text file containing 2004 team nicknames. This is the file OOTP uses to automatically name teams in fictional leagues. Ideally, we want to be able to have at least one generic logo to go with each of these 2004 nicknames.

The cephasjames collection covers 836 nicknames from the list (41.7%), but we don't have logos for 1168 of the names on the list (58.3%). I will post a list of the 1168 team nicknames for which we still do not have logos and then ask for the community's help to find logos to contribute to a complete fictional logo set.

Code:
OOTP Nicknames                   2004

Logos in collection              4480
Unique names in collection       1338
Coverage of OOTP list             836 (41.7%)
Logos not in OOTP list            503
Needed to complete OOTP list     1168 (58.3%)
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Excellent work!

I am now pondering a fictional league alongside a real MLB league.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #55
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

This is great. I've gotten a real kick from your program!
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #56
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
OOTP ships with a text file containing 2004 team nicknames. This is the file OOTP uses to automatically name teams in fictional leagues. Ideally, we want to be able to have at least one generic logo to go with each of these 2004 nicknames.
it's 2010 - why are we using 6 year old nicknames?????

Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #57
rhino9
Bat Boy

Can this utility be used in conjunction with names/logos on jerseys? If so how would I do this?
rhino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #58
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

A couple of questions regarding this if I may:

1. If I put the logos on the OOTP/Logo folder, can they be in subfolders inside that folder?

2. For a league that's already created, how does this work. Can I go into "edit team colour" in OOTP and load the logo, then will the game recognize the colours and create the uniforms using those colours when I hit regenerate?

Sorry, but I'm a bit lost here. I edited the logos with your program so the files are now named with all the colour codes as per instruction. I put the new logo file in the "Logo" folder. I've gone to the "edit team colours" screen in game, loaded that logo, but I don't see it picking up the colours and adjusting them.

Can this only be done during league/team creation?

Thanks, and sorry for the probably dumb questions.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #59
Goody
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to get this to work. (Its awesome, BTW, finally gave it a test run)

In OOTP11 the game doesn't seem to transfer the colors correctly onto the team set up page.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #60
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Its only grabbing the first two colors.