Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
DannyBoy17
Bat Boy

How do I help my prospects reach thier potential?

Besides bringing them up to higer levels, is there anything one can do to help thier prospects develop?
DannyBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
HoustonReplay
Bat Boy

I'm fairly certain that you want your minor league depth chart / pitching instructions set up so that your developing player get lots of playing time.... and if you're playing with coaching, the quality of coaching available to them should have some impact. Lastly, if the level is too low that may retard their development... at least it works that way in PureSim.
HoustonReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
DannyBoy17
Bat Boy

It seems like all my players potentials are going down quite a bit...especially my pitching. I drafted a guy at 78 O 80 P and hes down to 59 O 59 P And he's got 7 wins in 7 starts, with an era under 2.
DannyBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
HoustonReplay
Bat Boy

how old is that pitcher ? I think sometimes the scouted potential at the time of the draft is higher than the player ultimately ends up at. My comments actually refer more to a situation where the players Actual is quite a bit below his potential.. how can that potential be achieved.
HoustonReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes players just take talent hits, it isn't always something that comes about because of something you did. You could do everything perfectly right, it doesn't guarantee a prospect will develop.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

It could also be that he's stagnating because he's insufficiently challenged at his current level. What do your scouts say about how he rates in comparison to the league he's in? If he's rated 60+ relative to his league, promote him (if he's 80, jump him up two levels). After a month at his new level, evaluate him again. If he's still 60+, bump him again. Repeat until he reaches a level where he's rated 40-60 relative to his league, then he should develop normally.

If his actual rating (not potential) is 59 relative to the majors, he should be promoted to the majors IMMEDIATELY. If you have no room for him at that level, trade him to another team for someone playing a position you're weak at.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote