Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-07-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
2BABeachbum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Schedule Request: 30 T, 2 L, 3 Divisions 160 games

Looking for a schedule for a 30 team league with 2 15 team sub leagues, each sub league with 3 5 team divisions. Current MLB structure.

160 game schedule with 20 games against each division opponent (4x20) and 8 games against each team in the sub league's other divisions (10x8)

No inter league play.

Include all star game.

Thank you.
2BABeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

This has the double-whammy of being an odd-number schedule with no interleague and having exactly 8 games against a large number of opponents.

Though normally these two elements go hand-in-hand, the numbers don't quite work here. You'd be in two-game-series hell.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
2BABeachbum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I thought the odd number would be a problem but thought playing home/away 3,3,4 within the division and then home/away 4 game series outside of division would be doable.

I also thought this would probably lead to a "bye" series where a team has 3-4 consecutive games off. I am OK with the concept unless it makes the season prohibitively long. Stretching the season length by adding days off is again not a bad idea. Allows for some injury healing time and rest.

Any other ideas?
Old 06-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

The points by bwburke94 were spot-on. I knew if would not be easy, but it turned into even more of a bear than I was expecting. Though I had hoped to do some splitting of some of the ostenible 4-game interdivision series into pairs of 2-game series in order to maintain a two-series-per-week scheme, that was making the path to a solution really narrow. So I ended up just treating every series as a 4-day block. The gross number of offdays because of the 3-game division series falling into those blocks is fairly close to what you get in current MLB. The "bye" series when (at least) one of the teams cannot be matched up at a given time then add to that. Every teams has 4 such instance across the season. Because of the necessities of matchups layout (at least how I did them), there are three periods with three teams on "bye" rather than only one.

The distribution of the offdays is "cluppy", and not just because of the byes. What I did was break down the intradivision and interdivision matchups each into 3 sets. Each intradivision set is ten 4-day blocks long, and each interdivision is six 4-day blocks long. Intradivision does include one interdivision matchup among the rest intradivision plus the one team on bye. The season is laid out alternating set - interdivision, intradivision, inter, intra, inter, and finally intra. Since all the interdivision matchups are 4-game series, they all completely fill each 4-day block, so each interdivision set of matchups have no offdays at all except for those teams that get byes during the set. With those spans plus carryover into intradivision sets and playing 4-game seris also in those, the number of consecutive days with games ranges from 24 to 39, well beyond the current MLB limit of 20. On the other hand offdays are more frequent outside of those long streaks.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 30 team schedule, 160 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 3 divisions, each with 5 teams
#
#
# 20 games against 4 other teams in division (10H/10A)
#  8 games against 10 other teams in league (4H/4A)
#  no interleague games
#
#
# At least one team not playing (on a "bye") at all times
# Required because no interleague and odd number of team per subleague
# Only one team on bye except in three instances where three teams
# 
# Majority of series are 4-game
# All matchups are slotted into 4-day blocks
# Day of week thus irrelevant and not following two-series-per-week pattern
# 
# Interdivision and intradivision series are clustered into sets
# Interdivision sets mean no offdays except byes during those few week periods
# Consecutive offdays obviously occur during byes
# Can also occur sometimes between cosecutive 3-game intradivision series
#
# Teams play maximum of 24-39 consecutive days
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 16 games
# All-Star break and byes counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday of April
# Season ends mid-October
# Season spans 194 days
#
# All-Star Game set for fourth Tuesday of July (day num 124)
#
# Built on 2019-06-09
#
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl 30team160_235un_a_gmo.lsdl (120.8 KB, 95 views)
Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #6
2BABeachbum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, didn't realize what a major project turned out to be. Thanks for your work and effort.

I haven't had a chance to really go through this yet but my initial review seems to show that the teams are only playing 159 games, not the 160.

One of the "missing" games seems to be a Houston/Seattle game as they are playing each other only 19 times.

Not really sure what this means but perhaps I should change what I am trying to do (playing current MLB configuration but in order to win your division, you really need to beat the teams in your division) or at least modify the approach.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again for your work on this.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BABeachbum View Post
I haven't had a chance to really go through this yet but my initial review seems to show that the teams are only playing 159 games, not the 160.
Can you explain how you are checking? And maybe let me know the schedule parameters you have defined. For your reference, here are when you should expect "HOU" (team 11) and SEA (team 14) to play:
Code:
SEA @ HOU May 3-6 (day nums 33-36)
HOU @ SEA May 19-21 (day nums 49-51)
HOU @ SEA Jun 28-30 (day nums 89-91)
SEA @ HOU Jul 18-20 (day nums 109-111)
HOU @ SEA Sep 11-14 (day nums 164-167)
SEA @ HOU Sep 27-29 (day nums 180-182)
I admit I have not loaded the file into the game. But my evaluation script that I use with schedule construction shows 160 games for all teams. And the file itself has has 2400 "GAME" objects, which is what is expect for 30 teams times 160 games divided by 2 since two teams play in each game.

Not saying there cannot be something wrong with the file. But it looks fine from my checks. And not sure how every team would get to 159 games since there is no single day all the teams play.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:36 AM   #8
2BABeachbum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, do I feel like an idiot.

I created a game then imported your schedule then selected a team and viewed their schedule, and counted the games.

This is OK except in September. The way the calendar falls, there are actually 6 weeks in September with the 30th being a Sunday and therefore the only day for that week in September. My screen only shows the first 5 weeks unless you use the slider bar. Therefore, I never saw or counted the games on the 30th. I just selected 5 or 6 teams to look at and apparently none of them had a bye on the 30th.

I apologize for being such an idiot, and thank you again for the great work!!

One final question, will I need to manually import this schedule each year or, once I have imported it, will the game automatically use it again the next year.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:05 PM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Importing once is the thing to do. The game reuses it if you do nothing, but in doing so it randomizes the teams within each division year-to-year, so the same structure is maintained but the exact matchups vary.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #10
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Of course, if you manually change the schedule in-game, you'll have to re-import the following year. That hasn't changed.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote