Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Someone obviously trying to tank team in Auction House

Someone put an absurd number of cards all at the same time for over a day. At least 20...

Many golds are set at 50,000 or above. Good cards too like Joe Cronin and Lou Boudreau, but WAY over what people would pay for them.

Many diamonds too. Good cards see many many times above the average auction value. Obviously trying NOT to sell the cards.

Obviously trying to protect and hide his cards in the auction house to avoid scrutiny, while his iron and bronze roster tanks...

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-24-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I thought they are trying the old school auction house trick of adding an additional '0 and hoping one would quick-buy out of instinct before they realized the price is 10x.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

It's pretty blatant he doesn't want to sell. Lou Boudrea is an awesome gold card. Good contact, gap power, and avoid K and extremely good defensive SS. Average auction value 18,000. He wants 90,000. Most cards are like that. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to sell them.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #5
sk3tch
Bat Boy

Why not just set them to inactive? Why not list buy now prices just in case someone accidentally hits it?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3tch View Post
Why not just set them to inactive? Why not list buy now prices just in case someone accidentally hits it?

It's either a troll with an axe to grind or a little kid. OOTP needs to address it.

edit: sorry, thought you guys were talking about the idiot listing irons for top dollar..........my mistake.

Last edited by mcdog512; 05-24-2019 at 11:09 PM.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:06 PM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Maybe they should display manager name on auctions? Then people would be accountable to this kind of crap...
Old 05-24-2019, 11:06 PM   #8
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post

Your cards, hey?

Honestly people can play the game the way they want to as far as I'm concerned. It's a video game. I wouldn't tank my own team, but it is frowned upon by the community.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:13 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Honestly people can play the game the way they want to as far as I'm concerned. It's a video game. I wouldn't tank my own team, but it is frowned upon by the community.
It is a violation of the Terms of Service.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #10
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Wasn't aware of that, but like I said I won't be doing it.

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-24-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #11
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

How do you think this is connected to tanking? Is there any proof whatsoever? Could they be duplicates? Could this be a whale selling off lesser cards?

As for the high asking prices, it only takes one rube or desperate buyer or mis-click to make a massive profit for the seller. I wouldn't do it that way because as a F2P outfit I am generally in need of fast PP. But, I don't see what's wrong with the market setting prices and ridiculous asks going unsold.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #12
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
How do you think this is connected to tanking? Is there any proof whatsoever? Could they be duplicates? Could this be a whale selling off lesser cards?

As for the high asking prices, it only takes one rube or desperate buyer or mis-click to make a massive profit for the seller. I wouldn't do it that way because as a F2P outfit I am generally in need of fast PP. But, I don't see what's wrong with the market setting prices and ridiculous asks going unsold.

Because it's 20 cards, many very good meta golds and low diamonds and he's selling the cards at TEN times their average AH value. Come on. He's not trying to sell one or two cards at a crazy asking price to make a profit. He's burying his whole starting lineup in AH so his league can't see where his cards are. NO ONE is going to pay his asking prices. I've had a few good cards I've tried to sell AT the average selling prices recently and haven't sold them. 50,000 PP asking price for a 3000 PP average selling price card? x20? Really?

Go to the AH and judge for yourself...

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-25-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 AM   #13
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Because it's 20 cards, many very good meta golds and low diamonds and he's selling the cards at TEN times their average AH value. Come on. He's not trying to sell one or two cards at a crazy asking price to make a profit. He's burying his whole starting lineup in AH so his league can't see where his cards are. NO ONE is going to pay his asking prices. I've had a few good cards I've tried to sell AT the average selling prices recently and haven't sold them. 50,000 PP asking price for a 3000 PP average selling price card? x20? Really?

The world is full of cheats......but why not just deactivate them? Perhaps this fellow isn't bright enough.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:22 AM   #14
LeroyJenkins
Bat Boy

Quote:

Yeah there's something off there. I was looking for a Boudreau for my Diamond team and I saw that one selling for 90k. It's an amazing gold card, don't get me wrong... I have him trained up to 101 at 2B and 93 so far at 3B in the perfect league I'm getting shellacked in. He'll train up to be the ultimate super utility guy when he's done, but 90K??? He's not trying to sell that card at all. Didn't even realize he was doing it with multiple cards until I saw this post.

Last edited by LeroyJenkins; 05-25-2019 at 01:23 AM.
LeroyJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #15
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
Yeah there's something off there. I was looking for a Boudreau for my Diamond team and I saw that one selling for 90k. It's an amzing card, don't get me wrong... I have him trained up to 101 at 2B and 93 so far at 3B in the perfect league I'm getting shellacked in. But 90K??? He's not trying to sell that card at all.

Or the other 20. And it looks suspiciously like a starting lineup. Look at the 89s and 88s and a few low value diamonds sold at the same time. Lot of pitchers and relievers and a mix of infielders and outfielders. Hmm.

My guess is he hit diamond and became a punching bag.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:28 AM   #16
joehart
All Star Starter

The entire auction house is filled with weird players.

About 120+ low level live players listed at 1 million, tons of players listed at 1.5-2x the price.

Not sure if this is a single person or just some developer testing the infrastructure. It kind of looks automated.

Maybe a future update will allow us to multi-list lots of players at the same time and/or for a given percentage of regular prize.

Last edited by joehart; 05-25-2019 at 01:34 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #17
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
The entire auction house is filled with weird players.

About 120+ low level live players listed at 1 million, tons of players listed at 1.5-2x the price.

Not sure if this is a single person or just some developer testing of the infrastructure. It kind of looks automated.

Maybe a future update will allow us to multi-list lots of players at the same time and/or for a given percentage of regular prize.

Yeah I wondered that too. It's too much of a coincidence that a bunch of people all auctioned a bunch of cards all at the same exact time at 50000 PP for 5000 PP cards (or similar), but can you even mulitlist at the same time? I thought maybe that could happen before day's games started or you could trigger them at the same time somehow? But the AH is open all the time...
Old 05-25-2019, 02:00 AM   #18
Goliathus
Major Leagues

The AH is on 1 minute interval. If you list multiple cards between 01:00:00 to 01:00:59, they will show up with the same countdown.

Edit: Also, the "custom" option allows you to set how many seconds you want the auction to end so you can perfectly sync up a ton of cards if you want.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-25-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:07 AM   #19
LeroyJenkins
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah I wondered that too. It's too much of a coincidence that a bunch of people all auctioned a bunch of cards all at the same exact time at 50000 PP for 5000 PP cards (or similar), but can you even mulitlist at the same time? I thought maybe that could happen before day's games started or you could trigger them at the same time somehow? But the AH is open all the time...

This. There's something inherently fishy about it. I can't lie, I tried to sell a Machado last year in the beta for 33,000,000 as a goof when he signed his contract. I took it down after an hour. This isn't that. It does look like a way to get around tanking.

LeroyJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:19 AM   #20
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Someone put an absurd number of cards all at the same time for over a day. At least 20...

Many golds are set at 50,000 or above. Good cards too like Joe Cronin and Lou Boudreau, but WAY over what people would pay for them.

Many diamonds too. Good cards see many many times above the average auction value. Obviously trying NOT to sell the cards.

Oh, look, this thread has become relevant again!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=302559

Late Edit: To be clear, I do not support the recommendations of the OP in the thread I am linking. This is merely a commentary on the criticism in this thread of cards being sold at too high a price.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 05-25-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote