Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:46 AM   #1
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Random debut players too young

This is specific to my latest league, so my thought is that I may have a toggled a setting with unintended consequences. Hoping someone has seen similar and can help me out.

I am playing a 32 league, 2017 origination, random debut league with historical players. Typically players enter the draft at the age of which they made their Major League debut. In this league everyone is entering the draft about 3 years younger than that number. I can determine no rhyme or reason for this.

Is their a setting that maybe I should try to correct this? Is this a clear bug I need to report (I have not seen this in the 4 or 5 other leagues I created previously in OOTP20)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

I had the same thing happen in a league started yesterday. I thought the problem might have been caused by me choosing 2017 league to begin process and then changing starting year to 2000 when beginning game. I got players as young as 3. But I don't recall that being a problem in earlier versions.

Tigers only

Featuring stars from the 60s, 70s, & 80s
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #3
quillenl
All Star Reserve

I also started in 2017 but did not change the year. That actually had crossed my mind as a potential cause so I'd checked it again. Generally, I use pretty consistent settings league to league so this was a surprise. I'd not tenable to me when I have Johnny Bench come in as a fully developed prospect at age 17, so I'll probably start another league with the same settings and see if it reoccurs.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillenl View Post
This is specific to my latest league, so my thought is that I may have a toggled a setting with unintended consequences. Hoping someone has seen similar and can help me out.

I am playing a 32 league, 2017 origination, random debut league with historical players. Typically players enter the draft at the age of which they made their Major League debut. In this league everyone is entering the draft about 3 years younger than that number. I can determine no rhyme or reason for this.

Is their a setting that maybe I should try to correct this? Is this a clear bug I need to report (I have not seen this in the 4 or 5 other leagues I created previously in OOTP20)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I think they are trying to have the players enter when younger so as to develop a career instead of instantly starting one? Has any player in your league been a major leaguer that debuts in real life as a 27 year old yet? Like Nomo or Jackie? I personally prefer drafting the players when they are high school or college aged than to have someone like Nomo come in at 30