Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Do you guys play every game or sim?

Just curious how you play your seasons.

Do you play every game?

Do you sim every game?
joejccva71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i sim a day at a time, unless i am testing a league, then i'll sim a month at a time.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Murph3
Minors (Single A)

I usually sim a week at a time, then go back and look at all of the box scores/ write ups.

With OOTP 19 I started a real lineups/ real transactions game with the 1979 Braves, and I played out every game. Now that historical DL transactions are apparently in OOTP 20, I may do something like that again but maybe just play the first game of each series, then sim the rest.
Murph3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

One day at a time, check news, then go to some other category. Could be standings, stats, waiver wire, transactions you get the point.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

play baby, play.

I play them all out. Takes a while
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Play out all the games in both my leagues. Also playing as Manager only for added challenge.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Every game plays out with in game sound and PBP.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #8
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I play all my games after taking over the Expos at the end of 68...

Before I simulate from 1871 through the 68 season end. I want a real history so I moved all the teams in the 19th century and make sure the players are where they are supposed to be. That part is long since my simulation is currently in 1901 but since the game move the teams correctly from there it's faster as I just need to check the players.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:06 PM   #9
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

I sim day by day and never play out games.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #10
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

I play out every game, mostly in one pitch mode. I usually finish 3 seasons per year.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
Statsman1
Major Leagues

I created a fictional league, simmed the first 20 years to build some history, stats, records, etc. Then took over a team as GM / manager and I am playing out every game.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:11 PM   #12
amwendwa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I try to balance things out.. I would love to play out every game but time just doesn't allow me to do that. So I play out at least two to three games a week and sim the rest for each week of the season.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:55 PM   #13
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

i typically sim over 95 percent of games. I like seeing my long term plans to fruition and don't have the time to play out every game.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #14
DaBears
Major Leagues

Play out every game, in MGR-only mode. Adds to the challenge.

Having a REALLY hard time figuring out who to take in '19, though. Most of the posts on here about "who to play as" are for GM's. If you like MGR-only, the Orioles, Tigers, Marlins are not exactly going to be fun. I think the ideal MGR-only teams are ones expected to win 82-88 games and see if you can get it over the top. Taking on BOS/NYY/LAD is not exactly a test of your Casey Stengel chops to make the playoffs, now is it?

I think the Cardinals could be a great team to do MGR-only this year, but I watch 162 games of theirs and can never get past what the real life team is doing versus mine - eg, If Ozuna is batting .350 IRL and .250 in my game, I get all messed up in what I am thinking! Managed the Giants for a number of years, but that would not exactly be fun in '19....or '20 or '21.....
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:16 PM   #15
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Play every game in one pitch mode as manager and GM.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:13 PM   #16
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Play out every game, in MGR-only mode. Adds to the challenge.

Having a REALLY hard time figuring out who to take in '19, though. Most of the posts on here about "who to play as" are for GM's. If you like MGR-only, the Orioles, Tigers, Marlins are not exactly going to be fun. I think the ideal MGR-only teams are ones expected to win 82-88 games and see if you can get it over the top. Taking on BOS/NYY/LAD is not exactly a test of your Casey Stengel chops to make the playoffs, now is it?

I think the Cardinals could be a great team to do MGR-only this year, but I watch 162 games of theirs and can never get past what the real life team is doing versus mine - eg, If Ozuna is batting .350 IRL and .250 in my game, I get all messed up in what I am thinking! Managed the Giants for a number of years, but that would not exactly be fun in '19....or '20 or '21.....

I think a team that could be fun to use this year as manager only would be the Padres. You get Machado, and a few good young arms and Fernando Tatis Jr.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #17
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

im in gm/manager mode and i pick 1 Sp to "be" for the season and play only the games when he pitches..sim the rest
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #18
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph3 View Post
I usually sim a week at a time, then go back and look at all of the box scores/ write ups.

With OOTP 19 I started a real lineups/ real transactions game with the 1979 Braves, and I played out every game. Now that historical DL transactions are apparently in OOTP 20, I may do something like that again but maybe just play the first game of each series, then sim the rest.
Yeesh 79 Season was a long one...hope you did better than real life!

I am playing out the Braves '89 season right now...and it is..UGLY
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:03 PM   #19
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

I play them out... but I sim half-innings until a runner in scoring position early in games (and rarely in blowouts, the AI always burns too many pitchers). Also extra inning games sometimes when I'm mad at my closer for blowing the save.

In bad seasons I switch to simming to get it over with.

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:24 PM   #20
KentCol
Minors (Triple A)

Play out all my Rangers games on one pitch mode.
KentCol is offline   Reply With Quote