Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #1
thklein
Major Leagues

1984 Cubs get shafted

I've never done a historical league, but thought it would be fun to take over the Cubs in 1984 (I'm a Cubs fan and that's the first season I sort of remember). I started the league and looked at my team and noticed Rick Sutcliffe wasn't there. I looked it up and saw that Sutcliffe was actually acquired in a June trade from Cleveland (like I said, I only sort of remember that season. I was 9.) So I looked up who the Cubs traded to get Sutcliffe and saw one of the names was Joe Carter. I wanted to see if I could get the same trade through, but I couldn't find Joe Carter. So I searched for him, and I found him already on Cleveland's roster. So Cleveland has Carter AND the player they should have had to trade to get Carter, and the Cubs have neither of them. I'm going to use Commissioner Mode to give the Cubs one of those two players, but I haven't decided which yet. By rights they should have Carter, but in heart they should have The Red Baron.
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

Give them Carter, keep him and see where you go.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
hillm2ca
Minors (Triple A)

I remember a conversation I had a few years ago with other people wondering how it was determined which team a player should be placed on if, in real life, they changed teams in the middle of the season. I think whichever team that player was on beginning opening day would make sense.
As far as your situation goes, if you started your sim expecting to have Sutcliffe but not Carter, then transfer Sutcliffe to Chicago and keep Carter in Cleveland. It seems to be the most logical fix. Good luck to you!
hillm2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #4
Echidna
Bat Boy

I believe OOTP starts Carter in Cleveland as that was the only team he played with in the majors that year. Are you playing with real minors?
Echidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

If this gamer starts in 1983 Carter is on the Cubs, if he starts in 1984 Carter is already on the Indians because this gamer did not choose to use the historical minor leagues which is where Carter played in 1984 before the trade
BUT
even if he had chosen historical minors Carter would never have been traded to the Indians because unless the league starts before 1914 you cannot choose to have both historical transactions and historical minor leagues active at the same time.
AND
if he had chosen historical transactions and started in 1984 Sutcliffe would have been sent to the Cubs for nothing but if he had started in 1983 the Carter-Sutcliffe transaction would have occurred.

So it all depends on the choices the gamer makes when starting his league.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #6
Dr. Strangelove
Minors (Double A)

Playing the 1985 season now, started in 1984. The first two weeks of the season Cubs have lost every single game and for a long time couldn't get even .300 at all. That was really odd.
Dr. Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:00 PM   #7
M's rule
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
If this gamer starts in 1983 Carter is on the Cubs, if he starts in 1984 Carter is already on the Indians because this gamer did not choose to use the historical minor leagues which is where Carter played in 1984 before the trade
BUT
even if he had chosen historical minors Carter would never have been traded to the Indians because unless the league starts before 1914 you cannot choose to have both historical transactions and historical minor leagues active at the same time.
AND
if he had chosen historical transactions and started in 1984 Sutcliffe would have been sent to the Cubs for nothing but if he had started in 1983 the Carter-Sutcliffe transaction would have occurred.

So it all depends on the choices the gamer makes when starting his league.
If I start a league in, say, 1913, how do I include both real transactions and historical minors?
M's rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Choose include real minors at set up, then click them off in game settings and real transaction check box will show up and turn it on. You will wind up with both active even though you can't see them both on screen at once.