Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #121
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
But how about minor league players ?
I donut know how this works.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #122
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Mmm donuts. Sprinkles or no sprinkles?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #123
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Mmm donuts. Sprinkles or no sprinkles?
Of course sprinkles! Who doesn't like sprinkles?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:33 AM   #124
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
Two ID errors in importing the 2016 season mlb rosters:

1) Chris Smith (smithch08) is not being properly imported: Instead, Chad Smith (smithch09) is being imported with Chris Smith's 2016 stat line.

2) Jerome Williams (willije01) is not being properly imported. Jeff Williams (willije02) is coming in instead (and as I recall, I think this was an error that occurred last year too). Again, Jeff has been assigned Jerome's 2016 stat line.
I cannot find issues with these players. Maybe I just do not understand. I cannot look at their stats on BBref as with their update my computer just hangs up when I navigate their site. If you have further info please attach it. For now I am stuck as is.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #125
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK, beside the nice sweets mates
perhaps Markus or others could be informed so if it's a problem with missing season in MiLB like the old MLB issue, maybe they will fix it in coming versions.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #126
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I cannot find issues with these players. Maybe I just do not understand. I cannot look at their stats on BBref as with their update my computer just hangs up when I navigate their site. If you have further info please attach it. For now I am stuck as is.
I think what's happened is that in the database, Jeff Williams (willije02) has been given a bunch of Jerome Williams' (willije01) seasons in his stats line. Easy thing to have happen as they're pretty close together in player IDs. Same thing for Chad Smith (smithch09) getting some of Chris Smith's (smithch08) seasons (or maybe one season) in his stats line. Hopefully it's a reasonably easy fix for you. I know for sure that the Jerome Williams/Jeff Williams mix-up was present in OOTP17 because I reported it last year.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #127
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Hmm...Looking in game, Chad Smith is both smithch08 and smithch09 simultaneously, while smithch07 is both Chris M Smith (the Chris Smith in question) and Chuck Smith simultaneously, which is going to confuse the hell out of the import tool and the game in general. Chuck Smith should be smithch07, Chris M Smith should be smithch08, and Chad Smith should be smithch09. One of the other confusing things is if you type smithch06 into the search tool at BB-Ref, you will get a 404 Error, so there is no smithch06 and there probably shouldn't be. Chuck Smith (smithch07, played from 2000-2001) has Chris M Smith's (smithch08 has played from 2008-2016 so far) 2008-2010 stat lines in his real life stats, both real and neutered. Chad Smith (smithch09, played from 2014-2015 so far) has Chris M Smith's (smithch08) 2016 stat line in his real life stats, so Chris M Smith's stats are distributed among Chuck Smith and Chad Smith if that makes any sense. Pictures upcoming (no picture for Chris M Smith as he cannot be imported due to the smithch07 duplication).

Also in game, willije01 is listed as Jeff Williams and willije02 is listed as Jerome Williams. This is probably as it should be because Jeff debuted in 1999, while Jerome debuted in 2003. However, they are listed vice versa at BB-Ref. Jeff Williams is willije02 and Jerome Williams is willije01. Somewhere along the way their stat lines criss-crossed.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-06-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #128
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I think what's happened is that in the database, Jeff Williams (willije02) has been given a bunch of Jerome Williams' (willije01) seasons in his stats line. Easy thing to have happen as they're pretty close together in player IDs. Same thing for Chad Smith (smithch09) getting some of Chris Smith's (smithch08) seasons (or maybe one season) in his stats line. Hopefully it's a reasonably easy fix for you. I know for sure that the Jerome Williams/Jeff Williams mix-up was present in OOTP17 because I reported it last year.
I do not have enough information to fix this. If this is recurring then the stats lines may be right and the master has the wrong ID or perhaps the stat line ID's are wrong and the master is correct. Every year the stats come in fresh from BBref and are cross-checked with Lahman if it is available. I have no idea who is who and which stat lines go where. That is why I keep asking for more details. ID's and names only are not helpful.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #129
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do not have enough information to fix this. If this is recurring then the stats lines may be right and the master has the wrong ID or perhaps the stat line ID's are wrong and the master is correct. Every year the stats come in fresh from BBref and are cross-checked with Lahman if it is available. I have no idea who is who and which stat lines go where. That is why I keep asking for more details. ID's and names only are not helpful.
Please see post #127. I hope this helps clarify what's going on. It is very confusing I must admit.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #130
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Please see post #127. I hope this helps clarify what's going on. It is very confusing I must admit.
None of this tells me what to DO. Without a step-by-step plan this can't get better. I have no plan. If BBref is wrong I think any fix will fail. I am leaving it as is for now. Maybe I'll come back to this in a few months or years. Nonsense in, nonsense out.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #131
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
None of this tells me what to DO. Without a step-by-step plan this can't get better. I have no plan. If BBref is wrong I think any fix will fail. I am leaving it as is for now. Maybe I'll come back to this in a few months or years. Nonsense in, nonsense out.
I'll give it a shot Sir Spritze. I realize you're still away from home right now, so don't worry about it for now.

Easy stuff first...For Jeff Williams/Jerome Williams nonsense, remove any stat lines that are not from 1999 through 2002 for Jeff Williams (willije01 in game master.csv file, willije02 at BB-Ref) because I can guarantee you that those stat lines were created by Jerome Williams (willije02 in game master.csv file, willije01 at BB-Ref) as Jeff Williams did not play at the major league level after 2002. So that would be stat lines in batting, batting2, fielding, fielding2, and pitching, pitching2. Specifically 2013, 2015, and 2016 (though for 2016 not yet in batting2, fielding2, and pitching2: try not to put them back in there if you get around to the 2016 neutered stats). Also take Jeff Williams' (again willije01) 2016 batting, batting2, fielding, fielding2, and pitching, pitching2 stats and credit them to Jerome Williams (willije02) because right now Jerome doesn't have his 2016 stats for some reason, possibly due to the difference between the master.csv file and BB-Ref with these two player IDs.

For Chuck Smith (should be smithch07, right now shares the "honour" with Chris M Smith, which makes for interesting results), Chris M Smith (should be smithch08 but isn't right now - needs to be changed in all files from smithch07 to smithch08 except for 2000 and 2001 stats - those truly belong to smithch07), Chad Smith (right now is both smithch08 and smithch09, but smithch08 needs to be given to Chris M Smith in all files) nonsense, eliminate any stats lines in batting, batting2, fielding, fielding2, and pitching, pitching2 files after 2001 for Chuck Smith (smithch07). The 2008, 2009, and 2010 stats that are in his stat line currently need to be transferred to Chris M Smith (smithch08, but right now is smithch07). Hold on a second, it's quite possible a lot of this gets sorted out if you make smithch07 Chuck Smith, smithch08 Chris M Smith, and smithch09 Chad Smith in the master.csv file. At least if you do that there will be far less cleaning up to do. Try that for the Smiths and we can go from there.

Are you confused yet? Because I sure as hell am. I do know that the stats are jumbled for these players and unjumbling them could be a bit difficult. Just to attempt to clarify, here's how they should be in terms of what stat lines they should have:

Jeff Williams (willije01 in game, willije02 at BB-Ref): should have stat lines from only 1999 through 2002 inclusively for the six different stats files (batting, fielding, pitching, batting2 etc).

Jerome Williams (willije02 in game, willije01 at BB-Ref): should have stat lines for 2003 through 2007, and 2011 through 2016 for his real stats, and 2003 through 2016 inclusively for his neutered stats.

Chuck Smith (smithch07): should only have stat lines from 2000 and 2001 in the six different stats files.

Chris M Smith (currently smithch07 as well as Chuck Smith in master.csv file, but should be smithch08): should have stat lines for 2008 through 2010 and 2016 for his real stats, and 2008 through 2016 inclusively for his neutered stats.

Chad Smith (currently is both smithch08 and smithch09 in master.csv file, but should only be smithch09): should have stat lines for 2014 and 2015 for all six stats files.

Gawd, I hope I haven't made even more of a mess for you. I can only do the best I can do man. It is very confusing, and I wish I could just clean it up for you, but alas I can't.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:03 AM   #132
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

These players all have many years of minor league stats as well.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:57 AM   #133
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
OK, beside the nice sweets mates
perhaps Markus or others could be informed so if it's a problem with missing season in MiLB like the old MLB issue, maybe they will fix it in coming versions.
If you can make a very clear explanation of the bug and include an example (like you did) I will post it in the Beta Project Tracker for you.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #134
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I got an ex. in Scott Skripko (hm who?) whoever he serves nicely as an ex.

He is present in the DB, since I could import him.
I started in 1987, the strange year for him. He played both OF and Pitcher the previous year and got a gap year in 1987. However he is register as playing 7 games, but no records in innings or plate app.
Guess he was just sitting on the bench.
He gets back in 1988 and 1989 but never gets imported.
He has no record in the database in 1987. No games played at any level.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #135
hillm2ca
Minors (Triple A)

Player Promotion/AI Issue

Hello everyone,

I am in the second season of my 1983 Cincinnati Reds historical franchise and I am noticing a significant number of newly drafted players being promoted straight to their Major League rosters without having any minor league experience. These are not #1 Draft Picks or players who had All-Star careers in real life, but rather late-round draft picks who, according to their real-life stats, never progressed beyond the minor leagues. I get that fact that yes, players sometimes are promoted straight to the major leagues but in real life this is incredibly rare. In OOTP 18, unfortunately, it is pretty common.
I am playing with the OOTP development engine turned on which I was told was the issue when I posted on a similar issue in a related forum for OOTP 17. However, the issue seems to be that you have late-round draft picks importing with major-league ready ratings (contact, power, eye, stuff, etc.) and the AI decides that these players belong on the Major League roster. Unfortunately, the statistics they generate while on the Major League Roster, in many cases, are terrible and yet the AI keeps them with the big club. This occurs even in situations when more capable prospects are lurking in the minor leagues behind them.
Is this an issue anyone else has noticed? Am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Last edited by hillm2ca; 04-07-2017 at 09:52 AM.
hillm2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #136
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Development Engine plus Recalc is best for historical

Development engine alone can give you what you are seeing, alone it turns historical players fictional and anything can happen.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #137
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
These players all have many years of minor league stats as well.
Do you need me to round those up as well? I'm playing random debut historicals with players from the MLB database, not the MiLB database, so any posts I make will not take MiLB numbers into account. If you want me to do so, I can use BB-Ref to figure it out. Lemme know OK?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #138
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I got the Williams sisters unscrambled today and used affiliations to unscramble their minor league stats as well. Since we now get our data from BBref I am also going to switch all their ID's to match BBref.

I'm using remote control of my computer which is awesome but from a Mac control to a PC which is weird. I may not attempt the Smiths until I return on Thursday.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #139
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got the Williams sisters unscrambled today and used affiliations to unscramble their minor league stats as well. Since we now get our data from BBref I am also going to switch all their ID's to match BBref.

I'm using remote control of my computer which is awesome but from a Mac control to a PC which is weird. I may not attempt the Smiths until I return on Thursday.
If I could upvote this a thousand times I would. We now return you to your regularly scheduled vacation programming (not computer programming ). Enjoy your time with family Sir, and be sure to heed your granddaughter's advice re: vitamin D.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:38 PM   #140
HoustonReplay
Bat Boy

This may be true but all three Will(y) Harris's should NOT be on the 2015 Houston Astro roster .... (I did not check any other season) only the one born 8-28-84 Otherwise GREAT game of course (referring to three Will() Harris's with different birthdays and two Josh Fields's) thought this would attach to the posting I was looking at.

Last edited by HoustonReplay; 04-07-2017 at 11:40 PM.
HoustonReplay is offline   Reply With Quote