Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
jlsmith
Bat Boy

Historical League with different years

Is it possible to create a fantasy league composed of historical teams where the teams in the league are all from different years; i.e. the 1912 Giants and the 1966 dodgers, for example, in the same league? If so, how?
jlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsmith View Post
Is it possible to create a fantasy league composed of historical teams where the teams in the league are all from different years; i.e. the 1912 Giants and the 1966 dodgers, for example, in the same league? If so, how?
-choose 'create fictional league'

-setup your league structure (i.e. - if you want the modern MLB structure, just choose that in the drop-down) - click 'next step'

-just below the 'league level' there is a red button that says 'switch to historical team selection'. Click that.

- then just select the year/team to fill in every division and proceed with the rest of your setup.(uncheck all the minors if you're just looking for a mlb league of champions without a minor league system under it).

as you're setting up the league, click 'advanced options'.

-under the 'rules' tab, uncheck the 'enable trades' box if you want to stop the AI from making trades during the season (if you want to keep the historical teams intact for the season). Might also want to uncheck the amateur draft as well, assuming you're just playing a one-season league and not a multi-season career mode.

-under the 'players' tab, change 'generate international free agents', 'international scouting discoveries', 'generate international established free agents', and 'generate free agents from independent leagues' to None. This will keep the odd fictional player from popping up into your historical mix.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
jlsmith
Bat Boy

to stl jason

Thanks much. I'll give it a bash.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
jlsmith
Bat Boy

to stl jason

I set up the league just as you said, but the teams ended up being made up of fictional players. I've had the same problem in the past when trying to set up this kind of league. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I set up the league just as you said, but the teams ended up being made up of fictional players. I've had the same problem in the past when trying to set up this kind of league. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I just setup a quick fictional league with historical teams just doing what I posted previously for a test and they all had the correct historical players (1919 White Sox had Joe Jackson, Eddie Cicotte, etc; 1969 Twins had Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, etc); so not sure why it wouldn't be giving you the correct players.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
jlsmith
Bat Boy

When I tried it the 1954 Indians had Luong-Chen Dong at first base. I'm pretty sure it was Vic Wertz, but I'll keep trying.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When I tried it the 1954 Indians had Luong-Chen Dong at first base. I'm pretty sure it was Vic Wertz, but I'll keep trying.
odd... just tossed together a 4 team league with the '54 Indians... some of the positions might seem off (had Rosen at 1B and Wertz in RF), but it did have all the correct players on the roster.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #8
jlsmith
Bat Boy

I tried it again and it worked. Not sure what I did wrong the previous times.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #9
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile

Quote:
I tried it again and it worked. Not sure what I did wrong the previous times.

Bet you skipped:

"-just below the 'league level' there is a red button that says 'switch to historical team selection'. Click that"
Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #10
rastyk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
-choose 'create fictional league'

-setup your league structure (i.e. - if you want the modern MLB structure, just choose that in the drop-down) - click 'next step'

-just below the 'league level' there is a red button that says 'switch to historical team selection'. Click that.
Thanks so much. I didn't realize it was this easy, and I was trying to do this the hard way for awhile -- even thinking about rigging up an import file. A friend simulated a game or two and I have been able to simulate through thousands of games easily. I am starting to understand why people love the game.

Thanks!!
C. Rastyk
rastyk is offline   Reply With Quote