Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Use Random Rookies from all eras after 2014?

I have been struggling to accomplish setting up the league like I want. I've read through all the threads I could find and get the impression others are doing it... so hoping I could get some insight into specific steps/settings I must be missing.

What I want:
I want to start a league in 2014 with a blank history. I then want to populate future amateur drafts with historical players.

Normally, I go about setting this up as follows:
Start a historical league in 2014.
Erase entirety of league history.
Check the box for "Use random rookies from all eras.
Sometimes I uncheck "Automatically import historical rookies", sometimes I leave it be (one of the settings I thought might be the culprit.

I've run several seasons from this point thinking the initial draft might already be set, but the 2016 and following drafts are all fictional players.

Do I need to run a 3rd party tool to import in the historical players, or is it just a game configuration issue? Currently playing OOTO 16 ver 16.3 Build 16.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
quillenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Figured this out, and adding detail in case someone searches for a way to do it in the future:

1)Create a Fictional League.
2)When selecting Team Names, swap to historical importer and fill league with teams from the year you wish to start at (Colors can be changed later, and years from team names can be edited out later).
3) Check Random Rookies from all eras.

Other settings can be adjusted as desired, but key seemed to be using Fictional League vice trying to start with a historical league. Rookies have been random rookies as I have expected utilizing this method.

I never did get it to work in Historical for 2014.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillenl View Post
Figured this out, and adding detail in case someone searches for a way to do it in the future:

1)Create a Fictional League.
2)When selecting Team Names, swap to historical importer and fill league with teams from the year you wish to start at (Colors can be changed later, and years from team names can be edited out later).
3) Check Random Rookies from all eras.

Other settings can be adjusted as desired, but key seemed to be using Fictional League vice trying to start with a historical league. Rookies have been random rookies as I have expected utilizing this method.

I never did get it to work in Historical for 2014.
with the fictional league route, you'll want to update these to "none" in the 'players' section:

-generate international amateur free agents
-generate international established free agents
-generate free agents from independent leagues
-international scouting discoveries

that way, you won't get any random fictional players popping up from time to time (assuming you want strictly real/historical players in your game).
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
dllonsdale54
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you still use historical legue setup and get same results?
dllonsdale54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllonsdale54 View Post
Can you still use historical legue setup and get same results?
Yes, it turns out I was missing a key step using historical mode. Played with it more today and got it working after piecing together tips from other posts.

Start the historical league as you would expect and ensure the random rookies from all eras is checked.

Once the league has started... go back to the tab with that setting and pick the start date for the year you want rookies to start entering the draft from (I picked 1901). I missed the small print when setting up my league that said to adjust this after starting your league. I would not think not setting a start date would prevent real historical players from entering... but it seems to have.

Will test more after playing a few seasons now that I have it working
Old 04-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #6
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I've played around with this set up a bit. The disadvantage to using a historical league setup for a 2014 league is, of course, you don't get the researched 2014 player ratings, so young players who haven't peaked yet like Harper, Machado, etc (not to mention prospects) are undervalued. But it's a much easier setup to get drafts that only include historical players and no fictional or real (current) amateur players.

In addition to stljason's list, a trick to ensure that you don't get fictional players is to set the roster age maximum to something high (like 65) and the created player minimum to something unrealistically higher (like 99). So even if the computer somehow generates fictional players they won't ever enter your league.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote