Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
antBruss
Bat Boy

Schedule Questions

Hey guys,

so i've set up a fictional league with 30 teams, 2 subleagues with 3 divisions (-> 5 teams per division). I set it up to play 162 games, with balanced schedule on and interleague play off as the programm needs it to generate a schedule by itself.

I wouldn't mind about the interleague-thing if there wouldn't be the problem that teams a) have different outcomes in played games after the regular season and b) do not play the full 162 games at all. Here's a screenshot of the standings just before the first wildcard-game:

As i'm not an expert in scheduling (or didn't try it yet, tbh) and this is my first fictional league, i would like some help. Isn't this the same schedule type as the mlb (i would really like interleague play with focus on the own conference/division) or is there any kind of schedule-file around that i could catch up?

Thx for your help!
Greetings

//edit: just forgot: i'm actually playing OOTP14, but the scheduling shouldn't differ, i guess?! Correct me, if i'm wrong

Last edited by antBruss; 02-18-2015 at 08:15 PM.
antBruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Trebro
All Star Reserve

I don't have a link handy, but what you need most likely is to load a 2014 MLB schedule OR use a mod-created schedule that matches your league type. They are easy to download (same as anything else you d/l, like this game!), then you copy the schedule file into your OOTP schedule folder. Then when you are in PRE-SEASON, go to the schedule editor and hit "load schedule from file" Find your schedule and go! Should solve the problem.

PS: For something like this, it might be best to go into general discussions. This forum isn't always watched by everyone.
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by antBruss View Post
Hey guys,

so i've set up a fictional league with 30 teams, 2 subleagues with 3 divisions (-> 5 teams per division). I set it up to play 162 games, with balanced schedule on and interleague play off as the programm needs it to generate a schedule by itself.

I wouldn't mind about the interleague-thing if there wouldn't be the problem that teams a) have different outcomes in played games after the regular season and b) do not play the full 162 games at all. Here's a screenshot of the standings just before the first wildcard-game:

As i'm not an expert in scheduling (or didn't try it yet, tbh) and this is my first fictional league, i would like some help. Isn't this the same schedule type as the mlb (i would really like interleague play with focus on the own conference/division) or is there any kind of schedule-file around that i could catch up?

Thx for your help!
Greetings

//edit: just forgot: i'm actually playing OOTP14, but the scheduling shouldn't differ, i guess?! Correct me, if i'm wrong
Nothing you can do about it now unfortunately

You should let ootp auto load a schedule and you need to make a couple changes on the schedule options page.
Uncheck balanced games
Check interleague play
you don't need to generate a schedule...ootp will autoload any schedule that matches your setup once pre season starts. When pre season starts, go back to your edit schedule page and make sure things look right. If not, manually import the major_league_ml_c_2014.lsdl file from ootp's schedules folder. That'll give you what you want.
or this yrs. schedule attached here (just save it to ootp's schedules folder).
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl major_league_ml_c_2015.lsdl (123.3 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Bigrod; 02-18-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #4
antBruss
Bat Boy

Thanks for the responds guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
If not, manually import the major_league_ml_c_2014.lsdl file from ootp's schedules folder. That'll give you what you want.
or this yrs. schedule attached here (just save it to ootp's schedules folder).
As the first suggestion you gave somehow didn't work out - teams didn't seem to play against other-conference-teams at all - i tried this with the 2013 MLB-schedule. I guess that's what i wanted, thanks!

Another question: How do these schedule-files work? When i continue to use the 2013-File, will the teams will play the same teams in the same order, year in, year out or is it more some kind of general schedule, where random teams get inserted in some kind of "frame"? If it's the first, any suggestions to avoid this? Maybe use other years MLB-Schedules (the problem would be that i'm somewhere running out of schedules )
Old 02-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

You're trying to get the game to generate a schedule automatically for two 15-team leagues and with no interleague play? I don't think that's going to work. The in-game schedule maker doesn't do a good job of handling leagues with an odd number of teams. In fact, real-life leagues don't handle them very well either, which is why MLB has interleague games. You'll be much better off using either the MLB schedule or one of the many schedules that are listed here.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #6
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antBruss View Post
Another question: How do these schedule-files work? When i continue to use the 2013-File, will the teams will play the same teams in the same order, year in, year out or is it more some kind of general schedule, where random teams get inserted in some kind of "frame"? If it's the first, any suggestions to avoid this? Maybe use other years MLB-Schedules (the problem would be that i'm somewhere running out of schedules )
If you use the same schedule, the game will scramble the teams starting with the second season, so you won't have the same match-ups every year.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #7
antBruss
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
If you use the same schedule, the game will scramble the teams starting with the second season, so you won't have the same match-ups every year.
That's great, just what i needed, thanks!
Your schedule-list looks great, btw. Definitely going to create some fictional leagues around a few of them