Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
boilermaker
All Star Starter

Double header crash

I'm just letting the computer create schedules and it evidently scheduled a double header for four teams.....managing a game crashes the game at the conclusion....I was able to quick sim to get past it.
Attached Images
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
scefalu
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermaker
I'm just letting the computer create schedules and it evidently scheduled a double header for four teams.....managing a game crashes the game at the conclusion....I was able to quick sim to get past it.
Was this schedule generated using the schedule files provided with the game?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
boilermaker
All Star Starter

Yeah, I guess so. Like I said, I don't touch anything. Just keep hitting "continue" and move on day by day, month by month, and I came upon that particular day that I have that screenshot.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #4
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

Doubleheader Crash

Each time I have a doubleheader scheduled the game will crash unless I sim the games.

Firstly, if I adjust my lineup before the game starts when I click start game it readjusts back to what my default lineup is. Then after I play the game, before it takes me to the boxscore screen the game will crash. Even if I go to check the boxscore during the game when I click on the tab the game with crash.

I'm playing the patched version with the Lahman Database from 1977 and using the schedule that was there when I created the game.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Do you think you could zip up the .dat files from your saved game and post it somewhere for Markus to look at?

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 07-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

Sure I could do that, but first I need to know how to do it and then where to post it. As soon as I know, consider it done.
Thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

Boilermaker,

I'm very sorry to be so slow bringing this up again. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate this issue. I know it's been a very long time, but have you seen this again?

Could you provide information about what kind of league it was?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
HoustonReplay
Bat Boy

playing doubleheader games cause a Crash

Certainly I'm seeing crashes in trying to play doubleheader games, if not always, at least very often (Using the 1.0.2 beta patch). I was trying to play a 1973 Historical, but after several times having to Quick Play to get past a doubleheader, I've given up for now and am playing a fantasy league which I believe has no doubleheaders. (its very frustrating to lose a "day" of play to a crash, particularly if you somehow managed to gain a sweep with your favorite team.. i.e., Astros).

GREAT game, but More than a bit short so far in terms of bugs, crashes and performance. Of course my computer is 3 years old.. so even with small leagues maybe I don't have enough horsepower for your game (but it did come with Windows XP.. and there are many many good games which I can run on my computer and Never see a crash or lockup). but I don't really know why a great baseball sim has to consume so much resource as to push me towards getting a new computer.

I do have save files before two of the crashes, which I'd be happy to forward if given an address I should forward them to.

(looking forward to future patches)

Steven "HoustonReplay" Copley
scopley409@aol.com
Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

Houston, can you give me a date in 1973 that has a doubleheader? I'll test it out with that specific date.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
battists
Hall Of Famer

Houston, or anyone, can you please FTP a zip of just your .dat files to this FTP server?

IP Address: 217.158.3.6
Username: ftp-public
Password: public
folder ootp/game-save

Then give me the name of your zip, and instructions for how to recreate the crash.

I just played out a double-header in a 1903 Lahman file, using the exact dates from Boilermaker's original post, and was able to play out both games without any errors.

More than willing to try anything else you can throw at me!

Steve
Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

Merged a related thread...
Old 07-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
battists
Hall Of Famer

We have a rule that states that Tech Support threads wherein we have not received a response within 7 days will be closed.

This one meets this criteria, so I'm closing this.

If you want to discuss it again, just PM me with the thread link, and I'll re-open. (Don't just say "Hey, reopen my thread." I need to know the URL, thanks!)

Steve
Closed Thread