Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

Doubleheaders?!!?!!?

Are doubleheaders scheduled in the game? I have a day where my team and many others are scheduled for 2 games.
The only thing is that there is nothing noted on my schedule in the team reports section that says it is a doubleheader, and I had no idea this was going to happen.
I'm playing the patched version in a historical league using the Lahman Database imported in 1977.
jeter6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
CaLíKrAzY
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeter6970
Are doubleheaders scheduled in the game? I have a day where my team and many others are scheduled for 2 games.
The only thing is that there is nothing noted on my schedule in the team reports section that says it is a doubleheader, and I had no idea this was going to happen.
I'm playing the patched version in a historical league using the Lahman Database imported in 1977.
Historically speaking, they're in the game but fictionally I don't think so...
CaLíKrAzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
Eric
All Star Starter

The historical schedule have doubleheaders built-in. If you generate a random schedule, no double header.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As noted, the actual major league schedule for 1977 had lots of scheduled doubleheaders in it. Schedules generated by the game itself will not.

Quote:
This is one drawback to how the schedules are presented onscreen in the game at the moment. There really ought to be some designation to show there is a doubleheader being played.

As it stands currently you have to scan through the schedule for a given day to see if your team is listed twice (and the games won't be next to each other, they'll be separated depending on how the rest of the games that day fall).

If you want to see for a given major league schedule where the doubleheaders fall, first go to this thread. It contains the historical schedule files for OOTP6. If you download any of the zip files from that thread, in the zip will be a "schedulenotes" text file for that schedule. That notes file will list all the doubleheaders scheduled for that year both in chronological order and for each team individually.

Use that notes file to familiarize yourself with when the doubleheaders are to be played. You do NOT need the actual schedule files however.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-28-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

So the schedules listed in that thread you gave the link to -- they are included in the game? Because my schedule folder has "major_league_ml_c_19xx.lsdl starting in 1901 until 2005. Or are those schedules just random schedules created by the game just waiting to be used?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
jeter6970
Minors (Single A)

And just so it's known I wasn't able to adjust my lineup at all for the doubleheader games. Well, I was able to adjust the lineup, but it went back to the default lineup when I clicked start game. Also whenever I hit the box score tab for the game the game crashed. I guess I'll post this in the tech support forum as well.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the schedules listed in that thread you gave the link to -- they are included in the game? Because my schedule folder has "major_league_ml_c_19xx.lsdl starting in 1901 until 2005.
Same data but in a different format and with a different file naming convention.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
HoustonReplay
Bat Boy

crash when checking box score of Doubleheader game

I thought I had seen a crash post patch 1.0.2 when checking the box score of a doubleheader game... but looking further it appears that the new copy of the game I purchased and downloaded Friday night did NOT have the 1.0.2 patch built into it.
Steven Copley "HoustonReplay"

Last edited by HoustonReplay; 07-10-2006 at 05:34 PM.
HoustonReplay is offline   Reply With Quote