Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #101
gmo
Hall Of Famer

24 team, 168 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 4 teams per division
52 games in the division (16 or 18 per opponent)
56 games outside division, but still inside league (7 per opponent)
60 interleague games (5 per opponent)

This schedule is just the same as this 162 game schedule, except with an extra pair of 3-game intradivisional series tacked onto the beginning of the schedule thus bumping everything else back one week.

See the comments at the top of the file for a few more details.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team168_234u.txt (25.1 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by gmo; 06-25-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #102
davwms
All Star Starter

May I beg for another schedule for a 20 team league?

2 leagues, 2 divisions in each league, 5 teams in each division for 20 teams total..

18 games vs each team in same division (9H / 9A) (all 3 game series)
10 games vs each team in other division same league (5H / 5A) (2-3 game series & 2 - 2 game series)
4 games vs each team in other league (2H / 2A) (all 2 game series)

This comes out to 72 games vs same teams in same division, 50 games vs teams in other division of same league and 40 games vs teams in the other league, for 162 games total..

I prefer to have off days be the same for each team.. everything else is open for you to decide.. (all-star game and whatever else I am missing)

Thanks in advance.. if I wasn't such and idiot when it comes to trying to organize a schedule, I would do this myself, but alas... I am a dolt..
Old 06-26-2004, 04:20 AM   #103
gmo
Hall Of Famer

20 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
72 games in the division (18 per opponent)
50 games outside division, but still inside league (10 per opponent)
40 interleague games (4 per opponent)

Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team_225u.txt (19.9 KB, 389 views)
Old 06-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #104
davwms
All Star Starter

UNBELIEVABLE!!! GMO, how do you pop these things out so fast?!?! If I were to have to do this by myself, I would probably take a month to get it down, but probably would have given up way before that..

Thank you very much!
Old 06-26-2004, 04:54 AM   #105
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davwms
Thank you very much!
Glad you like it. That particular one you spelled out so nice & clear, plus the balance happens to work out very well into a pretty standard MLB-like layout. Usually uneven number of teams per division is difficult, but this one was not so bad.

It helps to have now done a bunch, so my methods have improved with time. I'm not very occupied with much else right now, so this is a good brain exercise. I love solving "math-y" problems like this. Even when I don't really want to work on a schedule request here, I have a hard time keeping from doing so .
Old 06-26-2004, 05:14 AM   #106
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
24 team, 168 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 4 teams per division
52 games in the division (16 or 18 per opponent)
56 games outside division, but still inside league (7 per opponent)
60 interleague games (5 per opponent)

This schedule is just the same as this 162 game schedule, except with an extra pair of 3-game intradivisional series tacked onto the beginning of the schedule thus bumping everything else back one week.

GMO, much thanks

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
Old 06-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #107
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
30 team, 165 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
60 games in the division (15 per opponent)
60 games outside division (6 per opponent)
45 interleague games (3 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for more details. This is a rather unusual schedule in a few ways.

It matches up to Muzamba's format A request earlier in the thread, except I put the first games on Friday. If you know your way around a spreadsheet, this isn't too tough to adjust. This thread may be helpful for that.
gmo -

This is real darn close to what I was looking for in my online league so we could expand from 28 to 30 teams and keep our 6 division structure. Is there anyway you could tweak this to get it down to a 162 game schedule? I also do not care if there are 4-game series in there, but don't like less than 3-game series and would still want 3-game to be the most common type. The mix of games with the heavy divisional play is perfect and I know that having 30 teams does equal interleague games.

Thanks so much!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #108
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Some breakdown like this perhaps:

- 30 interleague games (2 game series versus each team in other league)
- 60 games outside your division in your league (6 games versus each team in your league outside your divison, 3H/3A)
- 72 division games (18 games versus each team in your division, 9H/9A)

Breaks my above comment about 2-game series, but equals out the divisional games in return. I don't know, I'm most concerned about getting down to 162 games and maintaining the divisional heavy schedule than anything.

Last edited by mad0die; 06-28-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #109
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo
Even when I don't really want to work on a schedule request here, I have a hard time keeping from doing so .
Heh heh heh, you too have now become a schedule junkie like myself!!!

Only difference is you create 'em and I find the real ones from the majors and minors. Which reminds me, I'm going to have to ask you about your methods sometime... I'm just too slow and plodding at schedule creation at the moment (of course, it may be I'm just far too picky and perfectionist on the matter)...
Old 06-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #110
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0die
Some breakdown like this perhaps:

- 30 interleague games (2 game series versus each team in other league)
- 60 games outside your division in your league (6 games versus each team in your league outside your divison, 3H/3A)
- 72 division games (18 games versus each team in your division, 9H/9A)

Breaks my above comment about 2-game series, but equals out the divisional games in return. I don't know, I'm most concerned about getting down to 162 games and maintaining the divisional heavy schedule than anything.
Oof, that 2/3/5 config is a beast. That there must be interleague going on at all times unless teams take series and thus 3-4 days off makes it tough. Getting that 165 gamer out was a triumph for me even though it went against all kinds of normal MLB-type scheduling expectations.

Your layout suggested above looks good, but I am not sure I could do it. I started trying to explain the details why, but I was just typing gobbledy-gook. Basically I don't know if I could do it without adding two weeks to the length and then still probably not getting it balanced right.

If key #1 is 162 games, by far the easiest thing I can think of doing off the top of my head is to shave 1 game off 3 of the interleague series for each team. Since the schedule is 3 days longer than an MLB 162 gamer, there would be 3 extra offdays then. Ideally I could juggle things a bit to get the home/away splits to be 81/81, but that may be next to impossible. There may be some 82-80, even 83-79 (though hopefully not and especially nothing worse), but you could flip the home/away columns in the file for the next season to balance that out. In fact I recommend that for the 165 because by necessity it must be 84-81.

So if that interests you, let me know. I'd recommend, if you haven't already, downloading that 165 gamer and reading the notes at the top to see if you like that layout. Well, maybe that doesn't matter much since I seem to be kind of saying you really ought to just take the option I gave above if you know what's good for you .

Also, being an online league I could understand wanting all teams to have the same offday. Let me know if that matters. It would not be hard at all to realign the series for that.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #111
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Yeah, when I realized the schedule implications of having 30 teams in the 2/3/5, I nixed that idea, but then I stumbled across your 165-game schedule. So close it was.

I hear you on the complexity. It hurts my brain to think about this one. Having to have an interleague series going all the time is definitely a challenge. It ends up being a pretty unique schedule which I actually really like.

Anyway, they key is definitely 162 and maintaining the unbalanced schedule with heavy division play. Other than that, I leave it up to your genius. I did check out the comments at the top of the 165-game schedule and I really like that layout, but people in my league screamed over 165 games. Damn traditionalists. I guess they chose to draw the line there.

Shaving the 3 games off the inter-league sounds the best to me. The home/away breakdown would be nice to have 81/81, but is not crucial b/c I could swap the columns each season as you indicate. I actually prefer not having teams all have the same off-days as well. Having some games every day is better IMO.

Thanks for your quick response and your efforts on our behalf! You will live forever in glory and honor in the FIBB.

Last edited by mad0die; 06-28-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #112
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Can't believe I forgot this:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=64433

I assume LGO eventually got something put together for this, so maybe his option would work for you too or instead.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #113
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0die
Shaving the 3 games off the inter-league sounds the best to me. The home/away breakdown would be nice to have 81/81, but is not crucial b/c I could swap the columns each season as you indicate. I actually prefer not having teams all have the same off-days as well. Having some games every day is better IMO.
Cool. I think I can get at least close to the 81/81, and I believe it should be completely doable at least in theory. Just wanted to let you know there's a chance I could struggle with that. It will take a bit to get everything set back up to work on it plus do some other non-OOTP stuff that barges in , but I'll give it a whirl to see the best I can do.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #114
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Of LGO's options in that thread, I liked the favorite D the best, but also don't mind the increased # of inter-league games that you had in your 165-game schedule.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks a lot, gmo!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:50 PM   #115
gmo
Hall Of Famer

30 team, 162 game schedules

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
60 games in the division (15 per opponent)
60 games outside division (6 per opponent)
42 interleague games (3 vs twelve teams, 2 vs three teams)

See the comments at the top of the files for more details. These are rather unusual schedules in a few ways. They are simply the same as
this 165 game schedule, except one game is trimmed from three of the interleague series. Unfortunately the home/away split totals are not even for all teams. In format "a" the unevenness between the number of home & away interleague games is a little smaller but more randomly distributed among the teams. In format "b" the unevenness is larger is some cases, not there at all in others, but consistent for all teams within each division. Again, see the notes at the top of the file for more specifics.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule30team_235u_a.txt (31.6 KB, 303 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule30team_235u_b.txt (32.2 KB, 292 views)
Old 06-29-2004, 01:19 AM   #116
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Man, gmo, you are a schedule making machine!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #117
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Awesome, gmo! Thank you so much. A lot of people don't know about all this schedule work being done for OOTP6 (thanks to the new csv import), but I think it is some of the best modding work going in the OOTP community.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:03 PM   #118
DarioZ
Minors (Single A)

Another request!!!

GMO, firstly thanks for the effort, you've really improved on my enjoyment of OOTP.
Here's another challenge.............
I've tried to produce this one and have failed...........
26 Team League - ala 1977 -1991.
Would like it to be as follows:
AL - 12 games per opponent in own division
AL - 6 games per opponent in other division

NL - 14 games per opponent in own division
NL - 6 games per opponent in other division

Inter-league - 4 games per opponent in the other league
= 162 games per team
or something like this, but with inter-league play....
Hope you can help or advise how I should go about it. Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2004, 12:14 AM   #119
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

16 team league schedule, created from a modified 1941 Southern Association schedule

16 teams, 8 teams per league, 1 division per league
154 game balanced schedule (22 games against each of the 7 other teams in the league)
No interleague games.

Settings for 1941:
Year starts on: Wednesday
Season starts: April 10 (Thursday)
All-Star Game: none (there is a two-day break on July 7-8 which could be used for an All-Star Game if one so desires)

A special request fulfilled for Eugene. The schedule is an exact copy of the 1941 Southern Association schedule, including all doubleheaders, with the intent of using it for a 16 team MLB-style league setup. The SA schedule was used as-is for the AL side after swapping the SA teams for the AL teams. The NL side was created by taking the SA schedule and reversing the home and away teams and then swapping the SA teams for the NL teams.

Note that the original SA schedule is a minor league schedule, so it is quite time compressed. The schedule is keyed to 1941, so the season opens on Thurs. Apr. 10 and closes on Sun. Sept. 7. The 154 games are played in only 151 days, and teams average around 25 doubleheaders each for the season.

For simplicity's sake all games have been set to a 2 p.m. start time, with the exception of the second game of a doubleheader, which has been set to a 5 p.m. start time.

Hope it fills the bill, Eugene!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1941-SA-MLB-mod.txt (23.4 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-30-2004 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:34 AM   #120
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The schedule is great, LGO.

Thanks for doing it for me...and thanks for helping me install it.

Your instructions were like everything you do...letter perfect.