Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
antmansc
Bat Boy

Is there anyway to shop players around or see how the other GM thinks of a trade before sending it?

Is there anyway to shop players around or see how the other GM thinks of a trade before sending it? It takes way to long to try to get a trade because you have to send offers back and forth instead of how it works in OOTP.
antmansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmansc View Post
Is there anyway to shop players around or see how the other GM thinks of a trade before sending it? It takes way to long to try to get a trade because you have to send offers back and forth instead of how it works in OOTP.

You can right click on a player and there is a shop player option. You will get offers in your messages.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
antmansc
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
You can right click on a player and there is a shop player option. You will get offers in your messages.
How can i do it from the player menu like in OOTP how you can goto player actions and theres shop around or trade and etc.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #4
antmansc
Bat Boy

Quote:
And is there a way like in OOTP if i want a player but idk what i should give them theres like a "Make This Offer Work" button
Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
renojedi
Major Leagues

Really need the OOTP options. Was below the floor so I shopped a guy to take on some salary. Got 7 offers and tried accepting 3. All came back as I had to offer more. Not sure why AI made the offer then didn't want it after I accepted it. A "Make this work" would really save the player a lot of time though the AI should take also the trade they offered in the first place.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:23 PM   #6
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Go to your roster, and you can do it from there. That's the only place that I know of. You can shop three, but only do one because you'll get so many offers, and even though it says you have 14 days to respond, you have to respond to the email or the game won't let you continue.

I shopped three players, and had a crap load of responses, of which I had to answer every one of them. I may be missing something here, but it doesn't make sense that the email says you have 14 days to respond, but yet you can't sim even one day until all those emails are answered.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
renojedi
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Go to your roster, and you can do it from there. That's the only place that I know of. You can shop three, but only do one because you'll get so many offers, and even though it says you have 14 days to respond, you have to respond to the email or the game won't let you continue.

I shopped three players, and had a crap load of responses, of which I had to answer every one of them. I may be missing something here, but it doesn't make sense that the email says you have 14 days to respond, but yet you can't sim even one day until all those emails are answered.
My problem was I got those offers, then accepted three of them (one at a time), and got a response for each that said I would have to add more to complete the deal. That is where an OOTP style "make this work" option would help. Kept trying and never got to it so I just walked away from all of them.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #8
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
My problem was I got those offers, then accepted three of them (one at a time), and got a response for each that said I would have to add more to complete the deal. That is where an OOTP style "make this work" option would help. Kept trying and never got to it so I just walked away from all of them.
That might have to do with you accepting 3 offers for the same player, breaking the trade engine as the game doesn't know what to do with the player.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:

I think you need to read all your emails to move on, you don't need to respond to them. So click on each email, read the offer and move on
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #10
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Or you can do what I do, and shop one, check all the offers and answer accordingly, deleting all the messages for the offers I am not accepting (after clicking the reject button). Then I shop another one.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #11
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post

I have played ever single iteration of this game since the first one, and have never seen this happen. Granted, I only play historical, so perhaps the trade engine is different there, but since the very first iteration of this game, when the computer offers you a trade for one of your players, I have always (as in 100% of the time, no exception) been able to click on accept offer if I liked it as is and it always went through.

Also, I'm confused how you could accept multiple offers for the same player. For me, once I trade the player or lose the player to free agency, the buttons to accept or reject the trade always disappear from the message.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #12
renojedi
Major Leagues

Quote:
I have played ever single iteration of this game since the first one, and have never seen this happen. Granted, I only play historical, so perhaps the trade engine is different there, but since the very first iteration of this game, when the computer offers you a trade for one of your players, I have always (as in 100% of the time, no exception) been able to click on accept offer if I liked it as is and it always went through.

Also, I'm confused how you could accept multiple offers for the same player. For me, once I trade the player or lose the player to free agency, the buttons to accept or reject the trade always disappear from the message.
I accepted one trade. Pressed the continue button. AI said I need to add more. Tried a few options my assistant said should go through. None worked so I moved to next message and accepted. Pressed continue and got a message from the second trade saying I needed to add more. Did the same for the third message before giving up.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
tward13
All Star Starter

I think the difference here is if you accept from the email it always goes through. If you select to discuss then go into the trade screen you can get an "add more" type response. Once you go in to discuss all bets are off.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, as soon as you continue the discussions it becomes a regular negotiation again, where things like your negotiation skill come into play. You might get a better deal, you might get a worse one, but once you don't accept the offer as-is, it's a new discussion and the AI isn't bound to accept the original offer.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote