Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #101
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I think I may wait for the new Spritze database but maybe not........
I have to learn someday, but I definitely will not start my real league until we have the new database.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #102
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I think I may wait for the new Spritze database but maybe not........
I have to learn someday, but I definitely will not start my real league until we have the new database.
You'll get it eventually. I hope there will be a new Spritze database. It's such a valuable tool in this game.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #103
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thought you guys might like this; he is in the game as Pink Hawley. No Pink's in my leagues. Name:  77test1_1906-10-15_10-55-50.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  455.3 KBI had never heard of him pitched 1892-1901.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #104
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thought you guys might like this; he is in the game as Pink Hawley. No Pink's in my leagues. Attachment 547617I had never heard of him pitched 1892-1901.
When I first got the game (OOTP10), I started many games off in 1901, so I'd definitely heard of him.

EDIT: Also, Pink is his legal middle name, so it wouldn't be that wrong to call him Pink Hawley. I know you hate nicknames, but...

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-03-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #105
JaBurns
All Star Starter

That’s why I left the P in the name. My pitching still seems a little too hot, taking a break now, left the game at 1 April 1907. AAA leagues HR totals still ~ 50% higher than MLB, leaders in the big leagues at about 25 the last two years. I am beginning to think this will be my way to once I eliminate a few more of the driving me to distraction things. I don’t think my league(s) will ever totally “bug” free, I may not live long enough for that state. But I think I have figured out the way to eliminate fictional player and now have the expansion thing down to a science. Going to try to import players, my biggest fear and hang up, into the next few drafts.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:59 PM   #106
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That’s why I left the P in the name. My pitching still seems a little too hot, taking a break now, left the game at 1 April 1907. AAA leagues HR totals still ~ 50% higher than MLB, leaders in the big leagues at about 25 the last two years. I am beginning to think this will be my way to once I eliminate a few more of the driving me to distraction things. I don’t think my league(s) will ever totally “bug” free, I may not live long enough for that state. But I think I have figured out the way to eliminate fictional player and now have the expansion thing down to a science. Going to try to import players, my biggest fear and hang up, into the next few drafts.
Now that I have injuries/fatigue, and pre-defined draft value for AI figured out, my league is running smooooooth. About 4.30 R/G over the last 22 seasons (1984 = 4.26 R/G). Very happy with my results right now. Let me know if I can help out. I do know that it may take a little while for your league to balance out again if the results were off for a bit, so give it a bit of time and then see where you're at before giving up.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:33 AM   #107
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I am not giving up want to run this one until I figure out all the nuances and get a solid setup. I am in no rush I just want to understand and get things correct in my league.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #108
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Works best if you do it every season the day before Opening Day yes. Uncheck the auto-import financials box like I do, and manually update them on the first day of the offseason (day after end of postseason) by entering the next year in the "Select which settings to import" tab. So, let's say it's October (or even November) 1902, and you're now looking ahead to the 1903 season. First day of the offseason be sure to update those financials to 1903, and then don't worry about them. They should stick. They are in lockstep with strategy settings and player creation modifiers though, so if you change those, watch out. Be sure to check them anyway after you input "1976" for your LTMs.

I think what happened is because you weren't supplying the game with fresh LTMs it slipped back to the deadball era type stats because that's where you're playing right now. Just be sure to do it every year the day before Opening Day and it shouldn't give you any problems. The hook settings on the Stats & AI page will change though, and I've found the best results come with both of those set to "Default".
I am new at this stuff....

After you input new LTM do you check Auto-Calc Modifiers? Because that is what I do (I started playing in 1915 with 1998 stats, except I input only the 98 AL stat totals, because the AL had 16 teams and that is what the whole ML had in 1915+).

Also I just noticed that if I hit Auto-Calc Modifiers several times, each time it gives slightly different numbers (modifiers)--I suppose this is just to introduce a bit of randomness.

I am now in the 1928 season and each season the league totals have come out very similar (but not almost identical) to the LTM that I enter.

As for locking league totals, I have checked that sometimes and not checked it sometimes, before simming a season--and the legue totals come out about the same. I am not sure how this might be affecting other stuff, but I have left it unchecked for the past 10 or so seasons.

I have import player modifier unchecked.

As for financials, I just set up the league financials the first season, then DO NOT update each year, except that I do have 3-5% inflation turned on.

Last edited by warneke; 04-04-2018 at 01:44 PM.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #109
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warneke View Post
I am new at this stuff....

After you input new LTM do you check Auto-Calc Modifiers? Because that is what I do (I started playing in 1915 with 1998 stats, except I input only the 98 AL stat totals, because the AL had 16 teams and that is what the whole ML had in 1915+).

Also I just noticed that if I hit Auto-Calc Modifiers several times, each time it gives slightly different numbers (modifiers)--I suppose this is just to introduce a bit of randomness.

I am now in the 1928 season and each season the league totals have come out very similar (but not almost identical) to the LTM that I enter.

As for locking league totals, I have checked that sometimes and not checked it sometimes, before simming a season--and the legue totals come out about the same. I am not sure how this might be affecting other stuff, but I have left it unchecked for the past 10 or so seasons.

I have import player modifier unchecked.

As for financials, I just set up the league financials the first season, then DO NOT update each year, except that I do have 3-5% inflation turned on.
Never use Auto-Calc! I haven't gotten good results with it. Do not use lock league totals either! (i.e. uncheck the box) I got terrible results with it.

Instead, on the day before Opening Day every year, go to Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > League Totals and input "1998" in the Totals from year: Select Year box. You only need to do this once. You will see the LTMs change. After that you're golden. Do not worry about AL or NL stats output. You will get the MLB totals, and that is fine because the LTMs go off of how often things happened IRL relative to the number of AB, or in some cases plate appearances. It's all based on percentages, not on raw totals.

You will want to reset the two Hook settings in Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > General Strategic Tendencies back to "Default" as they will reset themselves during the LTM setting process. Also, make sure both auto-adjust LTMs boxes are unchecked (Historical page and Stats & AI) otherwise the totals will roll over to the next year you are playing, and you don't want that. I also recommend tieing your league strategy settings to the same year as your stats output (in your case 1998) just for consistency's sake, and because if you're playing in the deadball era, the most useless players on your team will be all of those RP who the AI will never use because SP threw CG for the most part back then.

As for financials, import the next year's financials on the first day of the offseason. So let's say you've just finished 1928, and it's the first day after the playoffs (first day of the offseason). You would import the financial settings for 1929. It's important to do this because it will affect free agent contracts (or if you're playing with reserve clause, reserve clause contracts) that will be paid in 1929, so you want to make sure that's set up right heading into the 1928/1929 offseason.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #110
JaBurns
All Star Starter

With financials, FWIW, seem to be very finicky and if not done the first day of the off season bad things happen in your league. I waited after one season 2 or 3 sim days to update the financials and it hit the fan causing me self inflicted cleanup work. Not sure why it happens but it seems critical that financials be updated the first day of the off season.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #111
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
With financials, FWIW, seem to be very finicky and if not done the first day of the off season bad things happen in your league. I waited after one season 2 or 3 sim days to update the financials and it hit the fan causing me self inflicted cleanup work. Not sure why it happens but it seems critical that financials be updated the first day of the off season.
That's good to know and seems to confirm what actionjackson has been saying. I am guessing this is because the game's AI calculates Arbitration and Free Agent salary figures based on the financials as of this date.

I will say, however, that I have had overall good success using financials that I dont change each season (except an inflation of 2 to 5%). And I have simmed from 1915 to 1939 keeping the finances basically the same. This past year, though, I went in and gave every stadium the same amount of seats (35,000).
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 AM   #112
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I just imported two Negro League players into a OOTP 19 Historical League...Random debut w/neutralized stats. I used the Spritze HS DB for OOTP 17, which by the way seemed to work with OOTP 18.

Here is what I got for the Neutralized career stats:

Pop Lloyd - .396 career AVE and 1.963 career OPS

Jesse Douglas - .459 & 2.097

His DB is not yet compatible with OOTP 19; hopefully soon...
Jeff1787, you are absolutely right, the Neutralized Stats in the Spritze database are crazy good (i.e. unrealistic). I will change my recommendation for using these guys to using a Real Stats game and import the players using Real Stats. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I only just got a look at these players now, and those Neutralized Stats are way hot...Guys with .815/.900/2.000/2.900 slash lines. Make sure you use Real Stats for these guys OK, and I'm really sorry I led you astray. I'll send you a PM, and link you to this page of your thread so you can see this post. It's the last post of the thread.