Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #21
WillyW3
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
Oh wow yes. If this makes shop a player faster... its a great thing to have.
All we need now is the shop a player to shop more than A player and we will be in good shape. Confirmed to not be in 17 to save the question.
WillyW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #22
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

It's a wolf sighting!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #23
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW3 View Post
All we need now is the shop a player to shop more than A player and we will be in good shape. Confirmed to not be in 17 to save the question.
Yeah, sadly still limited to 1 for 1 deals. But's both "shop a player" and "make this work now" are a lot faster than they were before. Shop a player I think has virtually the best possible speed improvements from threading, so it's like 4X-8X faster than it used to be.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #24
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
It's a wolf sighting!
Where Wolf?

Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #25
WillyW3
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, sadly still limited to 1 for 1 deals. But's both "shop a player" and "make this work now" are a lot faster than they were before. Shop a player I think has virtually the best possible speed improvements from threading, so it's like 4X-8X faster than it used to be.
That's a good thing! Looking forward to the sim time improvements it will have in my 700+ team universe.
WillyW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #26
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Multi-player trades next version?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #27
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

This just could be an enormous, no, very enormous new feature for those that load this game inside a vmWare virtual machine with the proper hardware. Let me explain:
I run Linux as my main OS, with a quad-core CPU. I run WinXP inside a vmWare machine on this system. On the XP OS, I run OOTP. This only applies to the vmWare virtual machines, as the vmWare Workstation product allows for multiple processors, (as long as they are physically present, they are not virtualized).
So, although I have never had any issues playing OOTP this way,
this new feature will definitely speed up certain aspects of the game.
Cheers.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #28
Speck
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanballComin View Post
I run Linux as my main OS, with a quad-core CPU. I run WinXP inside a vmWare machine on this system. On the XP OS, I run OOTP.
Is there a reason you're not running the native Linux version? I've been away from the game for a handful of years and thought about picking up OOTP 17 for Linux (I don't currently have Windows available).
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #29
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Does it speed up any facegen functions like making picture updates for an entire league or baseball cards for an entire league?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #30
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbD View Post
Does it speed up any facegen functions like making picture updates for an entire league or baseball cards for an entire league?
Sadly, those pieces have other challenges, so they won't be drastically faster. We did find one issue with the bb card generation which should speed it up a little compared to 16.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #31
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Multi-player trades next version?
The flaw with multi-player trades is that it's a huge difference. I mean, if you think about it, going from 1 player to 2 players, you're going from trying out, say, 150 matches with the other team for every player in their organization, to 22500 potential combinations.

Now, of course we can try in smarter ways (if they don't accept the deal for player A or player B, no point in trying to trade for player A plus player B), but multi-player offers isn't something we can just throw in easily.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #32
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about memory leaks. We mostly just moved stuff around.

We're working through the debugs and crashes, but have put in a lot of testing on it. There's a reason this was the first feature we worked on, and have been testing it since August. And I do make sure to only use it in specific spots - we really haven't changed the overall flow of the program, mostly just use it so instead of going through one team at a time having each set their lineup, we do them all in parallel.
If the shopping around is now faster I hope you got rid of the maximum 3 players to be shopped a day. Some have been requesting this for many versions.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #33
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
If the shopping around is now faster I hope you got rid of the maximum 3 players to be shopped a day. Some have been requesting this for many versions.
Yes. This should be an option. None, 1,2,3,4,5,6, no limit.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:57 PM   #34
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Speck --
I run the game that way for various reasons.
It eliminates any potential display problems when going into and then exiting an application when using full screen mode.
I can keep all my native Linux programs up and running, no need to close them, as VM runs per how much system memory and / or graphic memory you designate it.
Th XP OS I use goes back years. I've all my older programs on it that I use to control my scanners and short-wave radios. Also any DOS based things. It's also easy to backup virtual machines for archiving and also easy to run them anywhere.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #35
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The flaw with multi-player trades is that it's a huge difference. I mean, if you think about it, going from 1 player to 2 players, you're going from trying out, say, 150 matches with the other team for every player in their organization, to 22500 potential combinations.

Now, of course we can try in smarter ways (if they don't accept the deal for player A or player B, no point in trying to trade for player A plus player B), but multi-player offers isn't something we can just throw in easily.
That makes a lot of sense, plus the majority of the time I feel as though a team usually offers a player for player deal then it gets expanded anyway like the game presents now.

The GM evaluation of how traded for players/positions/needs is improved here based off the different type of personalities between owners right?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote