Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Migrating current league

I know this is asked every year.. I'm so deep into my league, year 2021 now that I'm going to want to move it into v17.

What does NOT migrate to a new version of OOTP?

Jerseys, logos, baseball cards, game settings, skin files with custom icons? What exactly will not make the conversion?

Thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Markus, anyone? For those of you who do this each year.. what issues are there, if any?
Old 02-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I don't think there are any issues.

Skin files won't make it for sure. Game settings either, though league settings should make it. Everything else you mentioned should import just fine afaik.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't think there are any issues.

Skin files won't make it for sure. Game settings either, though league settings should make it. Everything else you mentioned should import just fine afaik.
So AI evaul settings and such won't make it? or do you mean like facegen zoom settings and the like? Skins are no biggie.. you can just delete that skin.bin file.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
So AI evaul settings and such won't make it? or do you mean like facegen zoom settings and the like? Skins are no biggie.. you can just delete that skin.bin file.
I do mean facegen zoom etc. I think the ai eval settings are league settings and they should make it, but I'm not absolutely 100% certain. I'll try to remember to test this and let you know if no one else gets back to you sooner.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I do mean facegen zoom etc. I think the ai eval settings are league settings and they should make it, but I'm not absolutely 100% certain. I'll try to remember to test this and let you know if no one else gets back to you sooner.
Much appreciated!!! It's 75 here in Missouri today.. feels like baseball already!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Markus, anyone? For those of you who do this each year.. what issues are there, if any?
All the custom Views have to be re-done, I believe.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #8
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

What about migrating from 15? This will be my first update so will jumping two versions act the same as 16 to 17?
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
I know this is asked every year.. I'm so deep into my league, year 2021 now that I'm going to want to move it into v17.

What does NOT migrate to a new version of OOTP?

Jerseys, logos, baseball cards, game settings, skin files with custom icons? What exactly will not make the conversion?

Thanks!
Everything inside the save game folder of your league makes it over. So the skin for example does not.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #10
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBSU View Post
What about migrating from 15? This will be my first update so will jumping two versions act the same as 16 to 17?
Download the free demo copy of 16, import 15 into 16, then import that 16 file into 17.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:39 PM   #11
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Anytime I import from one version to the next I always open up the previous version and the current version and compare both the Game and League settings side-by-side to make sure all the old settings are still there and make sense with any new settings introduced.

I also make sure I manually copy over the logos, jerseys, ballcaps, ballparks, and fg_files from the previous versions data folders so they're in place.

I always notice minor little things when I import. A few versions ago, I think some of my player's option years became guaranteed (when OOTP's contract option choices got more sophisticated). This past import from 15 to 16 I noticed that my minor league coaches each had an extra year on their contract (probably because of the time of year I chose to do the import). But other than that it's usually pretty smooth.

One thing I'm curious about for this year, since I play historical, is how the new historical minor leagues will play and if they'll be compatible with imported leagues. I'd love to be able to have my 1969 draft use real minor leaguers, but I'll have to be careful. If I suddenly switch from using a database based on ML debut to one based on mL debut, I'm going to miss some players. Because if someone started their minor league career in '68 but didn't crack the majors to '69, they'll never come into the league. So transitioning that first season or two is going to take some work to make sure I don't miss anyone.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:04 AM   #12
peternoc
Bat Boy

Another question probably asked before: What is the best point in the baseball season to import the data to the new version? Just after the World Series? Just before/after New Year's and the almanac update? At the start of spring training?
peternoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:05 AM   #13
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternoc View Post
Another question probably asked before: What is the best point in the baseball season to import the data to the new version? Just after the World Series? Just before/after New Year's and the almanac update? At the start of spring training?
January 1, or the start of the preseason.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #14
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Much appreciated!!! It's 75 here in Missouri today.. feels like baseball already!

70 here in south florida. Well..in the winter time, its ALWAYS 70 here in SoFla.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 02-20-2016 at 09:39 AM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #15
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Beats 20 degrees here and that is unseasonably warm for Mid-February I can remember may -20's and -30's around this time of year.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #16
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Download the free demo copy of 16, import 15 into 16, then import that 16 file into 17.
Hmm..been searching the webs for a demo version. I DL'ed 16 but it asks me to purchase. Same on Steam.
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
January 1, or the start of the preseason.
This is not official. I'm pretty sure, I could be remembering wrong, that Matt or Markus said that anytime is a good time to import.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I import league files every version. AI eval, aging/development and all associated settings remain the same.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #19
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
This is not official. I'm pretty sure, I could be remembering wrong, that Matt or Markus said that anytime is a good time to import.
Yes, Markus has stated that many times. I can see why some won't want to do it during a season preferring the whole season was played with one version but it really isn't necessary.

Of course there can be small things that were changed between versions that could have some effect. Maybe Markus tweaks contract offers for the new version so a season converted in July might have slightly differing parameters for contracts offered pre-July compared to contracts offered post-import. I can live with small things like this in my game. Others mileage may vary
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #20
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you can import at anytime you like, however I can see doing it after the season so you are playing with the same AI
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote