Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.26 Game Update Now Available

Our newest game update, Version 0.9.26, is now available, including a data update.

You can download the new version at:

FHM - Update 0.9.26

Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to un-install the old version first!). Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed. (this link should avoid the problems we had earlier with older cached versions, but you may still want to double-check when you start the game that it's version 0.9.17 - look at the bottom of the startup screen, it should read "Version 0.9 Beta Build 26.")

Saves from earlier versions are not compatible with this version!

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

*** 0.9.26 (9 May 2015) ***

Bug fixes:

Various crashes fixed.
Display bug that resulted in crashes while viewing games at certain resolutions fixed.
SM-Liiga relegation series no longer played against team from incorrect league.
Playoff line in SM-Liiga standings screen now appears in correct place.
Teams now promoted to Allsvenskan from Swedish Division 1 instead of Russian junior league.
Goalie stat leaders lists no longer reduced to 2 players in some leagues.
NHL waivers now apply prior to the start of the regular season, so it's no longer possible to evade them by sending players down before the schedule starts.
KHL teams now consider nationality restrictions when making a trade.
AI teams should now offer picks earlier than the 5th round in trades.
NHL Draft no longer uses list of eligible nations that was excluding some countries - all IIHF nations should now be draft-eligible.
The league Player Stats and team Skater Stats 1 screen now default to a proper sort order (points, goals, games played.)

Changes:

Finnish Mestis is now playable (some bugs at the moment, roster limits are set too low and there are issues with playoffs/relegation/promotion.)
Mouse buttons 3 and 4 can now be used to go forward/back.
GAA and Save % added to goalie career stats and "Last 4" section.
Manager Options screen now includes single buttons to set all coaching/management options to the AI or user.
"Save as..." save option added.
Point totals now bolded in standings screens.
All positions rated 15 or higher now indicated at top of player screen, instead of just the highest one.
Farm teams now referred to on various screens by city name instead of nickname (where applicable.)
"Drafted from" team now indicated in draft report.
League logos now use the same format as historical logos (_year at the end of the name) so they can now change over time.
Retirements on non-playable teams are now handled mainly by the non-playable transactions system - this should end the mysterious prospect disappearances some people had noted.
Non-playable leagues now use additional categories of player movement (some major incompatibilities at the moment between the systems for moving players out of their league if they become too good/bad and the way the computer is assigning ratings to players with incomplete data at the start of the game - generally, those players aren't good enough, so it means a lot of guys retiring early. The player generation/ratings fill-in systems will be getting major overhauls in the next week or two.)
Size of potential destinations lists for nonplayable transactions expanded.
Team text colour now adjusted based on background color (this is a precursor to some larger improvements in the way team colours are handled, including full editability.)

Database Changes:

Players with NHL debuts up to 1993-94 now included in historical database.
Leagues/countries with significant amounts of updated data: NHL, AHL, NCAA, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, Czech Republic, Finland, UK.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Hate to sound disappointed, but was excited about when Jeff said he was going to let us play with some of the league settings, such as goals/game and such.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
Hate to sound disappointed, but was excited about when Jeff said he was going to let us play with some of the league settings, such as goals/game and such.
Yeah, that wound up requiring more changes than I expected, sorry about that. Sebastian was hoping there'd be time to get it in yesterday, but the problems getting the crashing issues fixed ate all of the available coding time today.

The good news is, all the data's in there now, for both current leagues and historical ones. It's just a matter of making some adjustments to get it to work (there are very detailed per-game numbers for the NHL available, but not for most other leagues, so we have to add some code to estimate those figures) and then switching over from the temporary defaults to the real data. So it'll definitely be in next time and we'll start getting more realistic stats for higher- and lower-scoring leagues.

(Interesting stat I learned while updating the data for this season: the NHL, this year, had the fewest number of power plays per game of any professional league. No wonder we're headed for Deadpuck era 2.0.)

And it also looks like some aspects of commisioner-mode editing I'd requested be reactivated for this update, notably the cap numbrs, didn't get done. I'll have to find out tomorrow what happened there.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, that wound up requiring more changes than I expected, sorry about that. Sebastian was hoping there'd be time to get it in yesterday, but the problems getting the crashing issues fixed ate all of the available coding time today.

The good news is, all the data's in there now, for both current leagues and historical ones. It's just a matter of making some adjustments to get it to work (there are very detailed per-game numbers for the NHL available, but not for most other leagues, so we have to add some code to estimate those figures) and then switching over from the temporary defaults to the real data. So it'll definitely be in next time and we'll start getting more realistic stats for higher- and lower-scoring leagues.

(Interesting stat I learned while updating the data for this season: the NHL, this year, had the fewest number of power plays per game of any professional league. No wonder we're headed for Deadpuck era 2.0.)

And it also looks like some aspects of commisioner-mode editing I'd requested be reactivated for this update, notably the cap numbrs, didn't get done. I'll have to find out tomorrow what happened there.
Ok thanks very much for the reply, and keep up the good work.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Like expansion Draft turned on all we all doing is telling how many Teams we want to expand to,how many Players need to be unprotected and if we want Schedule a Draft and give the Teams names and what Division the Team is going to play.

Have you started updating Stats for 2013/14 season because in real life it's in the Postseason and if so in next update change start date to be like June 22 as of the NHL Draft?

Name Afflication Page Yes or No because that Page is where we change names of Divisions,change Minor League Affliates, Randomize Teams Names/Nicknames and so on?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
4einc
Minors (Single A)

Not to be annoying, but I know I posted this problem else where perhaps wrong forum but I did the upgrade and when I went to open my league from the last version I get "invalid database error"

Do I have to restart my league everytime a update comes out ?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4einc View Post
Not to be annoying, but I know I posted this problem else where perhaps wrong forum but I did the upgrade and when I went to open my league from the last version I get "invalid database error"

Do I have to restart my league everytime a update comes out ?
He mentions that saves from earlier versions aren't compatible with this version.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
4einc
Minors (Single A)

oh so he does, I guess I read that and things not stuck with me... well thank you sir for your help.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Any news on when there will be a trading update? I know I sound like a broken record but to me that is the most broken aspect of the game. I know how to cheat it (which is no fun and crashes the game more often than not) but I love the challenge of a good team build.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Kyleneuf03
Bat Boy

Just saw a lopsided trade. Dany Heatley for Zack Smith I believe, I also tried to click save as, used my file name, said the game already existed. Should it not just ask if I want to overwrite? Upon clicking cancel, nothing happens.

I also understand that the team logos and whatnot are not what's important right now, but I find it really hard to get into the league with the generic ones in there. Maybe just do the NHL and the 30 team logos for an update coming up? Just to shut me up if anything,
Old 05-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Kyleneuf03
Bat Boy

Now my save game does not show up when I click load. Started 2-0 too!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleneuf03 View Post
I also understand that the team logos and whatnot are not what's important right now, but I find it really hard to get into the league with the generic ones in there. Maybe just do the NHL and the 30 team logos for an update coming up? Just to shut me up if anything,
Because of licensing issues I don't think FHM will be shipping logos for any teams/leagues. However, it does support user created logo packs:

Historical logos: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3462384

Current logos: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3453430

There is also a player photo pack available somewhere but I can't find the thread at the moment.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
sluice
Bat Boy

Anyone has any update on the Mac version?

Here's a copy from what I just asked on the FHM and Macs topic:

Quote:
Just installed Windows 8(bootcamp) to play a few games through Steam....
But the game I most want to play is... you guessed it... FHM (even if it's unstable at the time..)

Thinking of buying the game right away to start playing on Windows. Curious on: if the license will work with OSX once it's release?..

But as I would obviously much prefer to play on OSX....

If I can get a 100% guarente that you guys will hook me up for the mac version, if say the license I get for windows isn't compatible... I'm willing pay up and start testing the hell out of this game!