Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #201
daveawrit
Major Leagues

I also just wanted to chime in and say how much I am enjoying this version so far. I don't have enough time to play out each game, but simming was leading me to not be able to grow attached to my players at all. The RTS is pretty much the perfect medium for me.

I also love the new home screens (league, team, and manager). There is so much more information available on one page than ever before. I think my favorite is the bottom left of the league home screen that has all the tabs for standing, injuries, etc. It came out great.

If there is one complain I have, I would like for the scoring updates in the RTS to stay where you scroll to. Sometimes I will see a dark green update for a milestone or something and not be able to get down to it because time is moving too fast. Also, in the future if you could look into putting our team at the top of the RTS feed (like on the league scores) that would be awesome.
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #202
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Great game and not enough hours a day to play.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #203
zerozero31
Minors (Single A)

Not sure if we're allowed to crosspost, but hey-ho: a review of OOTP13 courtesy of Camden Depot (an Orioles blog)

Camden Depot: OOTP13 is an Inside the Park Homerun
zerozero31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #204
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

GREAT ... Great ... great post ... honest and forthright without an ounce of favoritism ... good read, mate ...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #205
wiggins
All Star Reserve

I love the game so far. I'm getting used to the new GUI. I mentioned this in a post elsewhere, but it got lost. I play out all my games so the immersion factor is important to me. when playing out a game and the opposition brings a new pitcher in, I used to immediately go to the player profile and look at height weight, home town, etc, just for my "mind's eye". The height, weight and pic are now all gone. You have to go the the player's BNN page to see these details now. There is a ton of room on this page. Can we please add them back? As I also mentioned, thanks for adding the hold rating on the pitchers in-game widget!!
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #206
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Heh, it's a minor issue, I know, and it's been mentioned elsewhere so I won't make it a separate thread. I think they will tweak it in a patch.

But choose your poison!

The first screen print is from OOTP 13 and the second from OOTP 12. Perhaps there is a happy medium? Maybe the idea of superimposing the ML logo on the affiliate logo is not a good idea. At least the ML stamp should be downsized a bit.

But 13 beats the logo beheading of 12 even though the ML stamp in 12 was unobtrusive! Oh well . . .
See post #199 to see what I was talking about above.

Here, I just want to show you my trained birds!
Attached Images
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #207
cmdrsam
Minors (Triple A)

Very happy with the game. The game crashed on me once, but OOTP X, which was the last one I purchased crashed all the time on me. Slicker interface, easier to find things.

RTS, when you announced this I thought, ok, cool feature, glad I can turn it off because I dont see me using it much. Boy how wrong I was on that. Very nice feature that has grown on me.

I havent played any other game since I have downloaded. You really have out done yourself sir.
cmdrsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #208
mezza
Bat Boy

I dont know quite where to post this: but has anyone seen the famed storylines so far? I've simmed to 2018 and have "enable storylines" checked in the misc options in global options... but I haven't seen an issue yet...

I know im a fabulous GM - but I figure this feature (which is why I wanted this version) would have shown its face by now...
Has anyone seen this? Does it work?

**EDIT: Sorry just found the other thread here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...torylines.html

Sadly, it didn't help much - still haven't seen one since. If possible - might be worth tweaking the frequency if possible as its a feature im looking forward to.

Last edited by mezza; 04-18-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: bad search technique
mezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #209
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Markus,

Kudos on the game, I am really enjoying it!

Check us out on the Git Hub Pages:
Goal-Line-Stand-Football
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #210
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Storylines

This may be a noobish question, but how do you enable/disable interactive storylines? I don't see any.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #211
snepp
All Star Starter

League Setup, Player and Picture Options

I was wrong, it's under Global Setup.

Last edited by snepp; 04-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.
snepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #212
snepp
All Star Starter

Another small observation, I've noticed that the AI will (smartly) decline to offer arbitration to some players.
snepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #213
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

One thing I was hoping for in this version was the use of <alt> + arrow keys (left and right) like most browsers have for back and forward, since the game is very similar to a browser quite a bit of the time.

Looks flashy so far, I'm hoping it's good enough to justify spending $40 for to go from 12 to 13

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #214
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
See post #199 to see what I was talking about above.

Here, I just want to show you my trained birds!
A Yankee fan with trained Cardinals. Next time you wanna pause (nevermind) on my posts think again.

Go Tigers !!!!!!!!
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #215
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Storylines

I've played 5-10 simulated seasons and haven't gotten any interactive storylines. I have all coaches and stuff enabled. Anything I can do besides be patient?
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #216
landru
Minors (Double A)

My impression is that the Live Coverage! real-time game simulation is awesome. I'm surprised at how much I like it.
landru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #217
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Definitely your strongest release so far!

The only thing I really miss is the option to advance a day from the main menu (rather than click on 'Play', THEN 'complete day.' This means I have to bounce back and forth a little more if I want to advance the game slowly, like during the playoffs.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #218
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
Definitely your strongest release so far!

The only thing I really miss is the option to advance a day from the main menu (rather than click on 'Play', THEN 'complete day.' This means I have to bounce back and forth a little more if I want to advance the game slowly, like during the playoffs.
It's still there, CatKnight. It's the check mark at the top of the side bar. Click it once and advance a day.
Attached Images
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #219
CNOSLIM
Minors (Single A)

Amazing game...first time ith the serious geting use to it now and it still keeps amazing me.

only thing i would change is maybe editing the cities and that i tried but i guess i don't have the apporiate program it's just one big mess for me
CNOSLIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #220
J.HenryWaugh
Minors (Double A)

Thumbs up

Love the simulation mode...it is a feature I have hoping for for many years. Now I can track games and still check on stats or history. Like when my UBA's Philadelphia Keystones were getting pummeled at home again by the New York Highlanders, I was curious was able to check their history to see that the Keystones' last pennant was 1946 (it is August 1978 now). Easy to see why they are 24th (out of 26 teams) in attendance (yet another stat I could check as the games played).

And being able to jump into and out of games is so cool. It's like having our own version of the Baseball Network.

Only oddity I could report was with my minor leagues. This league was an OOTP11 import (moved from 11 to a demo version of 12, then into 13), and my first play year with this version was last season, 1977. And that season played out fine.

But this spring (1978) I started getting error messages that certain teams did not have enough players. I started looking at each Rookie League team and auto filled those with only 1-5 players. But then I looked at EVERY Rookie League team and found that those that DID have enough players (24 to 44) had no more than five non-pitchers. All of the rest of the roster was SPs, RPs and CLs! I had to delete every player from those teams and auto fill them to get the right mix.

Minor glitch, and it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of this game. Best version in YEARS.