Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP11 RE-released

okay...well not yet but in the next couple of days.

I am just running a couple of more test but have uploaded it. Once I give it the all clear it will be at Padres site shortly.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I have sent it to Padres and it should be posted soon enough I hope.

The only test I have not run on it due to time is simulating an entire league from 1871-2010. This process helps check for errors with importing and such.

I will do this shortly but if for some reason the game crashes on imports (I previously found an issue with 1946 i fixed), let me know when and I will double check but there should be no issues.

Have fun! Let me know what you think.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Posted!!
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
with the new upload? why does it say stats r only through 2007? what happens when i get to teh end of 2007? also does this have negro league players in teh 20's 30's and early 40's vs 1947 and beyond? will i have a chance to draft paige and gibson?
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind the readme. That's old. It's through 2009.

Question 2. Yes they are all there.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

ok new question.....by the way i already use your previous version.....whats the difference between urs and the 1 of SPritze' real teams all players?
Old 07-22-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

1. Mine does not have "all" players. It has all major leaguers, the same minor leaguers, negro leaguers and independent players, but only the top 50 Japanese players (as ranked by Jim Albright). Basically I trimmed out a bunch of Japanese and Korean players.

2. My team assignments are correct for opening day in any given season. No more players being on teams during initial league created who had already retired.

3. I tweaked some of the fielding so the positional ratings and arm ratings are more consistent with other positions in game. Basically, I feel the ratings are more in line with what the game provided neutralized database gives, but still in Spritze's scale. This is the only difference in numbers between me and Spritze.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-22-2010, 02:59 AM   #8
Chicagofan76
Banned

ok thanx for the info...i have been using yrs for a few weeks now and i am in 1892 of an historical league and i like it so far granted my SOX sucks only 1 winning sn out of 9 but i only had 1 losing sn with the white stockings
had to give john mcgraw a G to sign with me at 17.

whats an easy way to creat somethign like this i want to do 1 for my EBL but it may just be easier playing that league out from scratch
Old 07-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
plannine
All Star Reserve

When I start a new historical league(1871) and bring in the master file (or the odb) into the game, it only shows 115 players for the draft, but when i look at the master file, there are over 200. Players like Candy Cummings never shows up in the game. Any ideas?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
When I start a new historical league(1871) and bring in the master file (or the odb) into the game, it only shows 115 players for the draft, but when i look at the master file, there are over 200. Players like Candy Cummings never shows up in the game. Any ideas?
Sounds like your using real statistics instead of neutralized.

Cummings should import when the league is created as a Free Agent in 1871. He wont be in the draft.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
Chicagofan76
Banned

i dont have a cummings either in my league i was under your prereleaase when i started this 1871 league now i am at 1892, i havent noticed players that were missing. i know i have more players under yours then i had with the DB that comes with the game.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Maybe something else was up with the prerelease. Planine...do you have latest download?

I just imported 1871 and I have 239 players under the player search. Cummings included... here's a screenshot...
Attached Images

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 07-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
plannine
All Star Reserve

I will get another copy from Padres.......and give it a go.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
Shaun Sullivan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
okay...well not yet but in the next couple of days.

I am just running a couple of more test but have uploaded it. Once I give it the all clear it will be at Padres site shortly.
Hi Gambo,

Are these databases in OOTP format or Lahman format? I am asking because they sound awesome and I'd love to see if I could get them working in PureSim.

Shaun
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Don't take this as me being a prick. Take it more as me reporting something I've found to you. Dave Davenport's 1914 season is missing in batting2, pitching2 and fielding2. I cobbled it together using the default, observing what you guys did with his other seasons, and using B-R's neutered stats for batting and pitching neutered to a 750 run environment, where I could and it should work fine. As I said over in my bitch thread, I love your database. Just wanted to let you know. It has taken me from Aardsma to Davenport to find any missing seasons and I've only found one. That speaks to the quality of your work sir.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
risp2out
All Star Reserve

This is a copy of my post in the Spritze db thread. I think these questions apply to any of the dbs, so I'll post again here. Thanks in advance.

I have a few questions for Gambo and/or Spritze that I think will apply to either of your databases.

First, given the previous couple of posts, what actually happens if you use the databases without "recalc"?

Second, if using your databases with an annual draft, will the pre-defined values option work?

Third, what is your recommendation for the "prevent recalc of potential ratings" option when using your dbs? [To be honest, I'm not sure I understand that option anyway]

Fourth, if you want to start a game with an overall draft, is it better to create the league and then release all players into a draft pool or just to select the initial draft option upon league creation?

Fifth, given that neutered stats are recommended, is it essential to check "Adjust league totals for historical accuracy"? What would happen if you didn't? Would you get interesting, bizarre, semi-realistic results or madness?

Sixth, if you are going to repoint an existing league to the db, when (right after playoffs, pre-season, etc.) would you suggest doing so?

Seventh, let's say I create an American major league and point it to one of Spritze's no asian databases or to the Gambo db and then add a Japanese league pointed to the japan only db. If a japanese player became a free agent and got signed by an American team, would the game be able to handle it?

Oh, and one more: Eighth, with neutralized stats, is it important to have player development and coaching off? What happens if they are on?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions and, of course, for the time you put into the dbs.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #17
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
This is a copy of my post in the Spritze db thread. I think these questions apply to any of the dbs, so I'll post again here. Thanks in advance.

I have a few questions for Gambo and/or Spritze that I think will apply to either of your databases.

First, given the previous couple of posts, what actually happens if you use the databases without "recalc"?

Second, if using your databases with an annual draft, will the pre-defined values option work?

Third, what is your recommendation for the "prevent recalc of potential ratings" option when using your dbs? [To be honest, I'm not sure I understand that option anyway]

Fourth, if you want to start a game with an overall draft, is it better to create the league and then release all players into a draft pool or just to select the initial draft option upon league creation?

Fifth, given that neutered stats are recommended, is it essential to check "Adjust league totals for historical accuracy"? What would happen if you didn't? Would you get interesting, bizarre, semi-realistic results or madness?

Sixth, if you are going to repoint an existing league to the db, when (right after playoffs, pre-season, etc.) would you suggest doing so?

Seventh, let's say I create an American major league and point it to one of Spritze's no asian databases or to the Gambo db and then add a Japanese league pointed to the japan only db. If a japanese player became a free agent and got signed by an American team, would the game be able to handle it?

Oh, and one more: Eighth, with neutralized stats, is it important to have player development and coaching off? What happens if they are on?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions and, of course, for the time you put into the dbs.
I am not in the Gambo/Spritze (and let's throw Garlon in there while we're at it) stratosphere, but since this is a low traffic area, I'll take a stab at these based largely on my hounding of Garlon when I first started using the Neutered Database and also from my dealings with Spritze since then. Gambo I don't know as well, but from crawling around inside his database that he put together with Spritze (with an assist from the Garlon's formulas) they have done great work with their OOTP11 v 2.0 database. I don't know anything about Spritze's 9,113,428 other databases for this year's game, but I'm quite sure they have the same quality standards.

1) I know way back when Garlon recommended 3 yr recalc on everything including the pitching stamina and rookie fielding ratings and that's what I use with the extra wrinkle of double weighting the season being played.

2) The pre-defined draft value feature seemed to work quite well the one time I checked it out in testing (Extreme Small Sample Size Alert). It looked better than I've seen it work with the default database, where I had just decided to leave it off for good.

3) Prevent recalc of potential is a setting that's meant to stabilize the potential rating across a player's career to bring it more in line with real life. E.g. When most kids get to the show they're probably a 20 to a 40 current rating. I think Markus' goal with that was to make sure that a player who came into the league with a 75 potential rating for the most part held that, until he started declining. I think he wanted the current rating to be the one in flux, while the potential rating stayed steady (depending on scouting settings of course). What I think he wanted to avoid was the kid who comes into the league as a 20 potential and then explodes a few years into his career. I guess it happens IRL, but probably not as much as we might think.

4) I'm not sure there's a difference between the two. Either way the game is basically starting off with all the players in the draft pool.

5) I'm not sure what would happen because I'm boring and haven't strayed outside the comfort of recalc, adjust league totals, turn player development off etc. However I do like to shake it up by playing stats only and covering over player names with fake player names and removing obvious tells like nicknames, birth cities, countries etc. I'm big into the fog of war there, but I want the deadball era to be dead and the rabbit ball era of the '20's and '30's to be raucous and the mid to late '60's return of the pitcher and the crazy steroid era the way they happened and when they happened. For me it's the best mix of history and fiction and I don't have to deal with tons of players and minor leagues etc. Everybody seems to have their own way of playing though don't they?

6) I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the draft? I separate all my different databases in different folders within the stats folder. I seem to have a lot of them on the go right now, but that's because I'm dabbling trying to find/build the best "hybrid" database. I borrow from Gambo and Spritze, Bristolduke, a little bit of the default to fill in any gaps that I find and throw my own two cents in there. It's quite messy right now, but hopefully I'll get it sorted out soon.

7) For this one you will have to wait on the big guns...You know, the guys they pay the big bucks to be the go to guys.

8) Garlon's preference is development/coaching off, and that's what I like, but it doesn't have to be yours. My viewpoint when choosing settings is basically: Will this help or hurt the AI? If you want a challenge, you've got to save the AI from itself and give it a fighting chance. So from my point of view, the simpler the setup is the more of a chance the AI has and the better, more challenging experience I will have.

Hopefully this will serve as a bump and will tide you over until the big shots get here.

Last edited by actionjackson; 09-01-2010 at 12:59 AM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #18
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They would use the game engine's development. Players would develop according to the game engine

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
I have it on. It's a weird thing but it pretty much means player potentials will be based on career potential and not remaining career. A players potential will be their potential. This will mostly affect players if you dont have recalc on or when they age past their years the database provides. (In our DB this is 35 unless they actually played longer)

Quote:
Should be no difference, but this may affect financials. These options do the same thing just at different times.

Quote:
Yes. If you don't the league will get "bizarre". For example, though the best hitters should be the same guys the top hitter may hit .400-.450 or maybe .200-.210. Who knows?

Quote:
I wouldn't. You'd run into the possibility of duplicate players or missed players. If you had to do it (not recommended), i'd say right after playoffs.

Quote:
I don't know. I've never tested this.

Quote:
Most people would say have these off if using recalc based on real stats, however, they can add some interesting stuff over the course of the season. Keep in mind player development is only for during the season, the ratings will be recalculated no matter what before each subsuquent season.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #19
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Gambo/Action, thank you both very much for slogging through that long list. Extremely helpful.

Will you permit me one follow up? It relates to my question number six and it's prompted by your responses.

It was my understanding that the Gambo/Spritze dbs had to replace the in-game stats folder, but you're making it sound like you can keep multiple stats folders/dbs around at the same time. So, my question is: I have a league that's a couple years in using the default folder. Given what Gambo said, it sounds risky to switch dbs. If I want to start a new league using a Gambo/Spritze folder, do I need to swap it in, play the new league for a while and then swap it back out to return to my existing in-game db league, and then swap again, etc.? Or, as action's response implies, can I some how keep them all around with different games/leagues pointing to different folders? If the latter is the case, how does that work?

Again, copious thanks. [I'm always amused by the debates that get going on these forums, but the truth is that I've mostly just found very helpful answers. They've made the entirety of what OOTP is capable of very accessible.]
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:39 AM   #20
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gambo/Action, thank you both very much for slogging through that long list. Extremely helpful.

Will you permit me one follow up? It relates to my question number six and it's prompted by your responses.

It was my understanding that the Gambo/Spritze dbs had to replace the in-game stats folder, but you're making it sound like you can keep multiple stats folders/dbs around at the same time. So, my question is: I have a league that's a couple years in using the default folder. Given what Gambo said, it sounds risky to switch dbs. If I want to start a new league using a Gambo/Spritze folder, do I need to swap it in, play the new league for a while and then swap it back out to return to my existing in-game db league, and then swap again, etc.? Or, as action's response implies, can I some how keep them all around with different games/leagues pointing to different folders? If the latter is the case, how does that work?

Again, copious thanks. [I'm always amused by the debates that get going on these forums, but the truth is that I've mostly just found very helpful answers. They've made the entirety of what OOTP is capable of very accessible.]
Yes you can have different databases in different folders. Just have each leauge point to the right directory for that league under the league options. When starting a league point to the DB you want to use and the game will keep it for that league.

OOTP MODS:
available at...