Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #1
esmeet7
Bat Boy

Visual for Position Players' Fatigue Level

When I look at my bullpen from an in-game screen, I like how I can see my pitchers' fatigue level with a battery-like visualization showing how depleted they are and how many pitches they've thrown over the past five days.

I haven't seen a similar visualization for position players showing me how fatigued they may be and when they've had a day off in the last five (or so) days. Is this information displayed/available somewhere? It would be especially helpful on the starting lineups screen when a game is about to begin.

Also, is it possible to see an individual player's fatigue level from the roster screen?
esmeet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

On team’s player list I see the yellow/red fatigue level for position players. Also see it in pregame lineups and during the game. I can click on the specific player and it shows the percentage. (Historical League)
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it takes a long time for most positions to show that battery symbol, excluding catchers. C, SS, CF, LF, 3B, 2B, RF, 1B may be the pecking order?

maybe switch 3b/2b? ss/cf?

with non-catching position players, i just react to the battery, if too many days until next day off. catching, being proactive can sometimes gain an extra GP in a long stretch of games. definitely experiment with how you handle catchers.

It's just as important as learning the details about how RP get fatigued. learn causality and you can maximize GP without a thought once it's mapped out.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
it takes a long time for most positions to show that battery symbol, excluding catchers. C, SS, CF, LF, 3B, 2B, RF, 1B may be the pecking order?

maybe switch 3b/2b? ss/cf?

with non-catching position players, i just react to the battery, if too many days until next day off. catching, being proactive can sometimes gain an extra GP in a long stretch of games. definitely experiment with how you handle catchers.

It's just as important as learning the details about how RP get fatigued. learn causality and you can maximize GP without a thought once it's mapped out.
In Game Settings, Players & Facegen, under Position Player Fatigue, what does it mean if you have the setting on low? Does it mean position players will fatigue quicker?
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

Fatigue setting tells how much fatigue they get per game. Setting goes from none to high. A high setting means they will fatigue faster so will play fewer games before they need an off day.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #6
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Fatigue setting tells how much fatigue they get per game. Setting goes from none to high. A high setting means they will fatigue faster so will play fewer games before they need an off day.
Thanks for that info. I always thought it was the opposite. A high fatigue rating meant that a player can play many games in a row without getting tired.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #7
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I’m 22 games into the season and I have not yet had 1 position player on my team be tired. They are all still 100% rested. This is not realistic. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #8
Reed
All Star Starter

What is your schedule like and fatigue setting? If you have a day off every week most players will never show up tired. My fatigue setting is normal and in my schedule they play 6 to 21 games before having a scheduled off day. At the end of the season ,146 game schedule, every player will have at least a couple days off for fatigue. First basemen just a couple days and catchers about 30 days or more off due to fatigue. When playing out games I’ll see the yellow battery in the line next to a player that is getting tired if they have played several games without an off day.
If they just pinch hit in a game, I think that still counts as an off day as far as fatigue is concerned.

Last edited by Reed; 05-12-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #9
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
What is your schedule like and fatigue setting? If you have a day off every week most players will never show up tired. My fatigue setting is normal and in my schedule they play 6 to 21 games before having a scheduled off day. At the end of the season ,146 game schedule, every player will have at least a couple days off for fatigue. First basemen just a couple days and catchers about 30 days or more off due to fatigue. When playing out games I’ll see the yellow battery in the line next to a player that is getting tired if they have played several games without an off day.
If they just pinch hit in a game, I think that still counts as an off day as far as fatigue is concerned.
again we are left to guess instead of having a manual
i still have no idea how much performance is effected with each degradation of fatigue
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #10
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
i still have no idea how much performance is effected with each degradation of fatigue
And if you were a real life manager or G.M., how much of this would be guess-work (humans being humans, and therefore not terribly predictable or always good self-reporters)?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #11
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
And if you were a real life manager or G.M., how much of this would be guess-work (humans being humans, and therefore not terribly predictable or always good self-reporters)?
This times 1,000,000. Isn't the whole point of the game to simulate real life?
Why anyone would want to know the exact calculations of the game engine is beyond me.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #12
Goliathus
Major Leagues

[Wrong thoughts]

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-20-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote