Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Pre-season

Hey guys,

I'm new to the game. Played EHM for a long time and now trying to switch over. I really like the pre-season part of a season. I am a GM only so can't do the lines.

However, I've not seen any way to invite prospects to training camp. Also, coaches around the league seems to be simply putting the best lineup, so not playing rookies in pre-season.

I'm I missing Something or i'ts just not implemented yet?

thanks
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

No, these features really need to be added. If you want rookies to play, you need to be head coach. The safest bet with this game is to be head coach/gm.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

thanks.

hope this gets added quickly. Still like what I see so far
Old 10-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
Colorado
Major Leagues

Jeff R, any chance of tweaking this???
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new to the game. Played EHM for a long time and now trying to switch over. I really like the pre-season part of a season. I am a GM only so can't do the lines.

However, I've not seen any way to invite prospects to training camp. Also, coaches around the league seems to be simply putting the best lineup, so not playing rookies in pre-season.

thanks

Technically it's more how you decide how to handle the roster after your first year. Any prospects with contracts default to your team's roster, and then will stay there until you decide to move them. That's the best way to make sure that they are involved in the preseason.

You have unlimited Roster Space for camp now. If you want to manipulate the roster, either make yourself the Head Coach then delegate all responsibilities to your assistant except for, say lines or you can send players down to the AHL (they won't have to clear waivers until just before the start of the regular season) to set your lineup how you want (however this may affect some of their happiness).
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #6
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Hey guys,

thanks
I should also add that while we can call up/send down players without penalty during the preseason, the AI does not shuffle its roster or bring up more than 23 player to play younger players and as you mentioned they also put out their best lines and play them full game.

would be great if this could get fixed otherwise preseason is really pointless and just increases a chance for your players to suffer injury in a game that doesnt count...

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 10-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Technically it's more how you decide how to handle the roster after your first year. Any prospects with contracts default to your team's roster, and then will stay there until you decide to move them. That's the best way to make sure that they are involved in the preseason.

You have unlimited Roster Space for camp now. If you want to manipulate the roster, either make yourself the Head Coach then delegate all responsibilities to your assistant except for, say lines or you can send players down to the AHL (they won't have to clear waivers until just before the start of the regular season) to set your lineup how you want (however this may affect some of their happiness).
I understand the point, but like the post right after yours, the other team just plays best line all the time. Unlimited roster space in preseason is a great addition and is a big part why I did not buy FHM4. (Like I said, I really like preseasons) also, bringing junior aged guys in training camp might make me offer them a contract, while chances are good that they will stay in minors if they don’t play in preseason.

I don’t know how hard it would be to put in, but it would make sense to have it with the unlimited roster spots in preaseson.

Keep up the good work, I am still learning how to control everything but it I am having fun testing everything right now
Old 10-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #8
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Is there a morale impact to demoting playersat the end of camp?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #9
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Exclamation Patch?

is there a chance that preseason will get looked at this verson? As of now its pointless since the AI will only dress and set thier best players and lineups every game and do not ultilize every player under contract. It makes it hard to evaulate my roster if I am testing AHL guys out against All Stars...So for now I just skip preseason and hope I dont get an injury.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 01-05-2019 at 01:03 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 AM   #10
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I agree pre season definitely need to be different. At the moment its just nothing more than season games that does'nt count
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #11
Colorado
Major Leagues

Agree with the above, this would be a good addition if it can be tweaked for a patch.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:54 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's probably not going to be possible to do anything too extensive to pre-season in an update. But I'll see if there's something we can do to get the AI to be a little more experimental with its lineups.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote