Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

Historical Contracts?

So, I'm looking to start a modern historical league (I want to see if I can alter the Red Sox 2014/2015 collapse), but when I created the game, the contracts were all messed up. Is there any way to prevent that?

For reference, in OOTP 18 I ran an historical Braves game from '93 through '02, and the contracts starting that game were all correct. Was I just lucky that once? Any advice?

Last edited by Sox2013; 03-22-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Sox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox2013 View Post
So, I'm looking to start a modern historical league (I want to see if I can alter the Red Sox 2014/2015 collapse), but when I created the game, the contracts were all messed up. Is there any way to prevent that?

For reference, in OOTP 18 I ran an historical Braves game from '93 through '02, and the contracts starting that game were all correct. Was I just lucky that once? Any advice?
You're going to have to be more specific. What exactly was messed up about the contracts?
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

Well, Ortiz had a $32 million/year contract, for example. Lester was sitting on a 6-year deal. Miller had a 3-year deal. Pedroia was earning $25 million a year on a one year deal. They were completely wrong.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Historical leagues do not use real contracts. Only the STD game does.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #5
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

Well, that stinks. To me, the point of playing an historical game is to take over in a given season, then manage from that point forward. Without real contracts, then that kinda kills the realism of an historical league and makes it not much more than a fictional league using real players.

Guess I'll be playing just the standard game for '19, then.

EDIT: I found an 18 quickstart that starts in 2014. Imported that to 19. That works. Still would be nice to have actual contracts for at least the modern historical games.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox2013 View Post
Well, that stinks. To me, the point of playing an historical game is to take over in a given season, then manage from that point forward. Without real contracts, then that kinda kills the realism of an historical league and makes it not much more than a fictional league using real players.

Guess I'll be playing just the standard game for '19, then.

EDIT: I found an 18 quickstart that starts in 2014. Imported that to 19. That works. Still would be nice to have actual contracts for at least the modern historical games.
Having Historical Contracts would be great but it's an insanely massive undertaking. Think about it...

You have 1871 - 2017. You also have players constantly changing contracts every few years or even year to year depending on when you start. Now you throw in every single historical player plus the new Minor League players, some of whom may've been signed to varied contracts themselves upon being drafted. Then you also have team payrolls to try and figure out, because those would be affected by the player salaries.

That's all assuming you can find actual, realistic contracts for every single player, every single season, and ignore any contracts that may have additional incentives.

I appreciate the realism but I'm A-OK with not having super perfect contracts for my historical players, especially if you may want to alter the Financials at any point in your league history.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
Having Historical Contracts would be great but it's an insanely massive undertaking. Think about it...

You have 1871 - 2017. You also have players constantly changing contracts every few years or even year to year depending on when you start. Now you throw in every single historical player plus the new Minor League players, some of whom may've been signed to varied contracts themselves upon being drafted. Then you also have team payrolls to try and figure out, because those would be affected by the player salaries.

That's all assuming you can find actual, realistic contracts for every single player, every single season, and ignore any contracts that may have additional incentives.

I appreciate the realism but I'm A-OK with not having super perfect contracts for my historical players, especially if you may want to alter the Financials at any point in your league history.
Not to mention that it would remove the bargaining aspect of the free agent market every year. Where would the fun be in that?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote