Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #21
edm
All Star Starter

Thanks to you and spritze for the database work. I just had a quick question though (sorry if it's been asked already) but when first starting a historical league, should we you the default database for the initial import, then switch to yours/spritze db, or do we use this from the start?
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
Thanks to you and spritze for the database work. I just had a quick question though (sorry if it's been asked already) but when first starting a historical league, should we you the default database for the initial import, then switch to yours/spritze db, or do we use this from the start?
Use it from the start

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #23
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Mates ...

I admired your sheer size of fan-base support and an incredible MODs enhancement in every category ...

Gambo/Spritze ...

Is there a way to merge all [league redacted] players, the Negro League Baseball players, and Pre-National Association Players into The updated version of the Lahman Baseball Database ... The reason is this, I play PureSim 3, AND I love to be able to use your DB because of the way I played in my Assn in Historical whatifs but I can't ... Pudge27DB is a great DB but has limitation with errors ...

The only reason I don't play OOTP game is the sheer size of it ... I have tried from earlier versions but it is way too much info for me to handle ... Hence, PS3 ... simpler for me to play ...

I'm sure I may get alot of flack, but for the love of The Baseball Pastime is the main reason why we are all here ...

Many thanks for your input/support and allowing me to grace your forum ...
Jabez54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #24
golander40
Major Leagues

If I

If I Can----I can assure you---You Can
Gil The Ancient One
golander40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #25
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Gil ... Good to see you here ... That's true, mate ...
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #26
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Not sure if this is the right place but so be it:

I love the DB you guys made that includes Japanese and Negro League players - fantastic work and thank you!

I wonder though what is the best way to edit them? Edit the DB directly or edit the player after import. It seems that the Negro League players (haven't gotten to the Japanese players yet) import with some sort of generic low stats.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I'm sure the low stats is due to using major league equivalents (Gambo or Spritze can confirm). While there are exceptions where negro/japanese/korean stats are good/solid/superstar players in the majors, by and large the lack of depth of quality means you will see lower overall ratings.

As to which way is easiest, If you are using re-calc then I would say modifying the DB is the easiest, sin you will have to update each season. If you are using the OOTP development model, then editing in game may be the easiest, since you can edit ratings ans potential ratings which would drive their growth.

My 2 cents
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #28
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I am sure the ML equivalents in use are the cause. I don't disagree with that in theory but something isn't right if it results in Satchel Paige being a career middle inning releiver (and a poor one at that) or Josh Gibson being a career minor leaguer.

It seems that a little subjective input may be in order at my end.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Pitchers are still problematic in OOTP. The switch to pitch as a basis for endurance and being a starter or reliever is still very flawed in my opinion. There are many ML pitchers who don't come out right (Nolan Ryan and Warren Spahn are two that I recall from previous discussions - they are MRs as well).

Can't speak to catchers per se, but fielding ratings are an issue in 11 as well, although mostly players not getting ratings.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #30
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
I am sure the ML equivalents in use are the cause. I don't disagree with that in theory but something isn't right if it results in Satchel Paige being a career middle inning releiver (and a poor one at that) or Josh Gibson being a career minor leaguer.

In my leagues Satchell always wins 300 to 400 games and Mr. Gibson has 500 to 600 HR's so I'm thinking their may be something up with your league. But then Ryan and Spahn also perform as intended in my leagues.

Probably one of the myriad settings somewhere. Recalc MUST be ON and Development MUST be OFF. Other than that I'm not sure what might be messing with you.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
In my leagues Satchell always wins 300 to 400 games and Mr. Gibson has 500 to 600 HR's so I'm thinking their may be something up with your league. But then Ryan and Spahn also perform as intended in my leagues.

Probably one of the myriad settings somewhere. Recalc MUST be ON and Development MUST be OFF. Other than that I'm not sure what might be messing with you.

I'll double check tonight but I am dead certain recalc is on and player dev is off. Maybe I am wrong though because all the negro leaguers come though with flat-out horrible ratings - O Charleston is a minor league utility guy (if he even gets picked up by anyone).
Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #32
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Are you sure you're using neutralized stats with recalculation on? Cuz in every sim i've done Gibson ends up hitting 300 or so homeruns and Paige is pretty darn awesome. There should be no generic ratings.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #33
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll double check tonight but I am dead certain recalc is on and player dev is off. Maybe I am wrong though because all the negro leaguers come though with flat-out horrible ratings - O Charleston is a minor league utility guy (if he even gets picked up by anyone).
If you have guys like that coming in as utility players there are two possible culprits... your settings are wrong or you're not using the .odb file and using the .csv files.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Are you sure you're using neutralized stats with recalculation on? Cuz in every sim i've done Gibson ends up hitting 300 or so homeruns and Paige is pretty darn awesome. There should be no generic ratings.

I am going to check again tonight. User error is always a distinct possibility with me!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #35
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
If you have guys like that coming in as utility players there are two possible culprits... your settings are wrong or you're not using the .odb file and using the .csv files.

Yet another item that I am sure I have correct but Ill check that too. Something is obviously ticked wrong.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #36
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Ah ha - Real stats are ticked. doh!

Thanks folks.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #37
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:

Datapath is set to this: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\stats

Should it be: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\stats\historical_database.odb
Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #38
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Gambo/Spritze ...

Has been a few days and still waiting for your responses ... is it because I'm into another baseball game that is suited for me comfortably and not with this game? ... OOTP11 has NO competitors due to their fan-base, forums and the abilities this game has projected ... I'm into a more simpler taste and yet have a penchant as much as the next mate as far as how one play their games ... I have download a number of fantastic photos, logos and park images and converted them into the compliance of PS3(the software has been revived) to enjoy them as much as you, mates, as with yours ... just want to be able to use this awesome DB you have in my Assn and to enjoy our favorite pastime ... Baseball ... a place we can share our own Field of Dreams ...

Again, Thanks for allowing me to grace this fine forum ...

Tomas

Last edited by Jabez54; 10-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #39
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Gambo/Spritze ...

Has been a few days and still waiting for your responses ... is it because I'm into another baseball game that is suited for me comfortably and not with this game? ... OOTP11 has NO competitor due to their fan-base, forums and the abilities this game has projected ... I'm into a more simpler taste and yet have a penchant as much as the next mate as far as how one play their games ... I have download a number of fantastic photos, logos and park images and convert them into the compliance of PS3 to enjoy them as much as you mates with yours ... just want to be able to use this awesome DB you have in my Assn and to enjoy our favorite pastime ... Baseball ... a place we can share our own Field of Dreams ...

Again, Thanks for allowing me to grace this fine forum ...

Tomas
In theory all you would need to do is remove the batting,pitching,fielding .csvs and rename the batting2.csv to batting.csv. After that you would need to go into each file and make sure the format is right and make the correction. However, you would only have neutralized stats and no real stats.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #40
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Gambo ...

Very much appreciated ...

Would rather have it all ... in order to enjoy the "whatifs" scenario ... be kind of neat, if all ballplayers were able to play from their intro - on throughout - in One big Assn ... to see how any elite could of fare against one another ... (of course, duplication of their historical years would not be made possible because of all the variation of teams, chemistry ... ect ... BUT - what a blast to see what they all could of done with new stats) ...

Again, Thanks ...