Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:18 PM   #61
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbarnes View Post
I would be interested in this. Is it a lot of work to update the friends list frequently? I am liable to forget about PT for a few weeks at a time.

How does it actually work? There would be like 10 "Our League" teams in a larger league and you would total the games we actually played against each other? Or are we able to get entire leagues to ourselves?
Updating friends list isn't difficult, just a bit annoying.

League standings are calculated by wins/losses against other OL teams in your league. Having more OL teams in a league is always more fun. I think 23 or 24 teams has been about the most. Different players will volunteer to compile the standings for a league in a given week. We all fill-the-gaps as needed.

There is a spreadsheet I use to make compiling standings easier. I'll post it once leagues are underway for anyone who would like to help with the standings compilations.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:19 PM   #62
Magus978
All Star Starter

My two teams are, to put it bluntly, trash.

They will not make many points this week, and will not be very good for quite awhile. Packs were not kind to me.
"That's baseball" is NOT a valid excuse for failure. Those who accept that reasoning are failures themselves. Bootlickers are not worth your time. Form your own conclusions, and not follow those who blindly shill for the powers that be. Lead the revolution, or be drowned by it.

You've got dumb questions. Luckily for you, I've got smart answers.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #63
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
My two teams are, to put it bluntly, trash.

They will not make many points this week, and will not be very good for quite awhile. Packs were not kind to me.
I've only started Fort Davis (mcgator) and the packs were not great. Only 2 diamonds and 4 golds, with only 2 of the 6 as non-live. Slooooow build on the way.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:27 PM   #64
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
I've only started Fort Davis (mcgator) and the packs were not great. Only 2 diamonds and 4 golds, with only 2 of the 6 as non-live. Slooooow build on the way.
Only saving grace may end up being the make-good free diamond pack that we're gonna get. Can only hope it's a high-value historical so I can build a bankroll.
"That's baseball" is NOT a valid excuse for failure. Those who accept that reasoning are failures themselves. Bootlickers are not worth your time. Form your own conclusions, and not follow those who blindly shill for the powers that be. Lead the revolution, or be drowned by it.

Old 05-04-2022, 04:48 PM   #65
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbarnes View Post
I would be interested in this. Is it a lot of work to update the friends list frequently? I am liable to forget about PT for a few weeks at a time.

How does it actually work? There would be like 10 "Our League" teams in a larger league and you would total the games we actually played against each other? Or are we able to get entire leagues to ourselves?

right now it would be super easy as we have fewer than 30 teams signed up, so you can add everyone into the friends list and be done with it.

if we expand past 30, it can become a little more involved, but once teams start to settle into tiers, it's still pretty easy to keep up with
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:51 PM   #66
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Only saving grace may end up being the make-good free diamond pack that we're gonna get. Can only hope it's a high-value historical so I can build a bankroll.

or maybe get lucky in a PD tourney....

oh sorry, I forgot who I was talking to if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all (I know the feeling )
Old 05-04-2022, 05:18 PM   #67
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
or maybe get lucky in a PD tourney....

oh sorry, I forgot who I was talking to if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all (I know the feeling )
Hard drinking fixes all of this.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:47 PM   #68
da commish
All Star Reserve

SaukCentre Landsharks

I've set this team up as my OL team. Starting out 2-5 being outscored 66-34. Need some tourney packs to upgrade this team.

da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:32 PM   #69
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Starters;

C 67 Wilbert Robinson 1896
1B 57 Joe Pepitone 1966
2B 46 Dave McCay 1980
SS 60 Orlando Cabrera 2003
3B 48 Bill Sudakis 1969
LF 50 Turner Barber 1919
CF 89 Dode Paskert 1912
RF 75 Nick Markakis 2008
DH 66 Chuck Hinton 1965

SP 95 Frank Tanana 1975
SP 83 Max Lanier 1942
SP 68 Wayne Twitchel 1975
SP 67 Bruce Dal Canton 1975
SP 66 Ferdie Schupp 1916

Relief staff consists of 65-62-62-60

In addition, I pulled the following top LIVE cards which I will play this week for maximum PPs, then sell...

CF 100 Mike Trout
CF 95 Harrison Bader
CL 91 Ryan Pressly
SS 84 Xander Bogarts
LF 84 Mark Canha

Although Missions are a critical part of the overall team build, I think I have a few critical needs before I start the real-time schedule on Monday. Replacing 2B McCay and 3B Sudakis should be on the front burner this week. I could also use a better pitcher to replace my 7 Bronze place holders. The key will be when to sell the 5 LIVE cards above... probably Sunday morning.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-04-2022 at 08:36 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:20 PM   #70
jameslacy8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What if I don't have enough non-live cards to make a team?

*****Disregard saw a post I had not seen above and got my answer*****

Last edited by jameslacy8; 05-04-2022 at 09:23 PM.
jameslacy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:54 AM   #71
thejojo
Major Leagues

Ok so here's the official sign up:
Team: Greenland Seals (might change halfway through the year)
Account: thejojo

[IMG]https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.com/pt24signatures/thejojo.jpg[IMG]
thejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #72
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

I thought I would give this a try this. What am I doing wrong here? I put the proper suffix to my team name and the plus after my team abbreviation. Then I put my "League Preference Settings" to use friends list, submitted my team. Logged out and back, but when I bounce over to manager & rankings and try to type in users to make friends nothing comes up. I was typing the names of the guys that from this thread that said they would be playing. Any insight?

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 05-05-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #73
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
I thought I would give this a try this. What am I doing wrong here? I put the proper suffix to my team name and the plus after my team abbreviation. Then I put my "League Preference Settings" to use friends list but when I bounce over to manager & rankings and try to type in users to make friends nothing comes up. I was typing the names of the guys that from this thread that said they would be playing. Any insight?
Don't worry, the OL teams will take shape as the week goes on! I myself am not quite ready to go official with anything yet.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:43 PM   #74
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
I thought I would give this a try this. What am I doing wrong here? I put the proper suffix to my team name and the plus after my team abbreviation. Then I put my "League Preference Settings" to use friends list, submitted my team. Logged out and back, but when I bounce over to manager & rankings and try to type in users to make friends nothing comes up. I was typing the names of the guys that from this thread that said they would be playing. Any insight?

kinda wondering now if the manager/team search page is actually working.... just tried a generic search for managers/teams in my league and nothing comes up going to make it a bit difficult to setup friends lists if that search page doesn't work
Old 05-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #75
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Following players just listed in Card Shop...

CF 100 Mike Trout... $26500
CF 95 Harrison Bader... $5200
CL 91 Ryan Pressly... sold outright for $4000
SS 84 Xander Bogarts... $1400
LF 84 Mark Canha... $2250

Decided to sell before Sunday.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #76
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
kinda wondering now if the manager/team search page is actually working.... just tried a generic search for managers/teams in my league and nothing comes up going to make it a bit difficult to setup friends lists if that search page doesn't work
Noticed the same. Is it always this way during Entry Pool stage?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #77
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Noticed the same. Is it always this way during Entry Pool stage?
not that i remember.... posted a thread in the bug forum just in case
Old 05-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #78
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It might not activate until teams are assigned to levels.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #79
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Starters;

C 67 Wilbert Robinson 1896
1B 57 Joe Pepitone 1966
2B 46 Dave McCay 1980
SS 60 Orlando Cabrera 2003
3B 48 Bill Sudakis 1969
LF 50 Turner Barber 1919
CF 89 Dode Paskert 1912
RF 75 Nick Markakis 2008
DH 66 Chuck Hinton 1965

SP 95 Frank Tanana 1975
SP 83 Max Lanier 1942
SP 68 Wayne Twitchel 1975
SP 67 Bruce Dal Canton 1975
SP 66 Ferdie Schupp 1916

Relief staff consists of 65-62-62-60

In addition, I pulled the following top LIVE cards which I will play this week for maximum PPs, then sell...

CF 100 Mike Trout
CF 95 Harrison Bader
CL 91 Ryan Pressly
SS 84 Xander Bogarts
LF 84 Mark Canha

Although Missions are a critical part of the overall team build, I think I have a few critical needs before I start the real-time schedule on Monday. Replacing 2B McCay and 3B Sudakis should be on the front burner this week. I could also use a better pitcher to replace my 7 Bronze place holders. The key will be when to sell the 5 LIVE cards above... probably Sunday morning.
team coming together nicely there.... got 8 Live cards still on the active roster here, but plenty of non-live cards in reserve to replace them.... team will suck something fierce to start, but it's a marathon

did get a lucky pull from a pack today.... the limited edition Bosio... think I'll hold onto him/play him a bit
Attached Images
Old 05-05-2022, 10:03 PM   #80
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

These early days are so far proving things are going to be different this year. The Card Shop is a lot different that the old auction house. I placed 4 LIVE players out there today for undercut prices and only one has sold so far. Early in PT21 the auction house was chaos. I also think the Card Shop is going to limit the crazy prices cards sold for in PT21. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

If these players sell, then I'll have to decide how to spend the PP. Since it's so early, I think investing in packs will possibly give me something I can use AND start to fill out the multiple missions. That's still probably a better investment than buying cards I know I'm going to have to replace again in a month or so.

BTW stl jason, great pull this early in the year, and "marathon" is the key word here