Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #21
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Los Santos Saints, Game: Grand Theft Auto

Once again, the Saints were mentioned in the GTA game, but not any players. And again, I'm adding 2 players from other movies, and 23 generated players from OOTP.

C Jack Parkman (from Major League 2 - The White Sox)
P Steve Nebraska (from the movie: The Scout)
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #22
GrimmyDee
Major Leagues

If you want to go old school, I would break out the players in the original Commodore 64 Hardball! game.

I'm sure Guy Jose, Louis Laws and the All-Stars would like a chance to face Willie Barnes, Jerry McCall and the Champs.
GrimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 PM   #23
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

California Pioneers, TV Series: Hardball & Pioneers from UBA, Inc. by Robert Coover

Had to include the Pioneers from the Universal Baseball Association, but since the teams from the book weren't associated with specific cities, i piggy-backed them on top of the California Pioneers from the TV Series: Hardball...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #24
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Seattle Pilots, the One Year Wonders

Yes, I know this isn't a fictional team - but its one year existence at Sick's Stadium is a unique profile. In truth, there aren't many West Coast fictional teams, and deciding to use Grand Theft Auto's Los Santos & San Fiero, made using Los Angeles & San Francisco redundant. So, I thought it would be fun to bring back the Pilots with a fictional roster.

This team is the 6th and final team of the Pacific League, so my next post will start with the Atlantic League teams.

PS: Check out Catcher Frank Spencer...
Attached Images
Old 02-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #25
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

New Your Knights, Movie: The Natural

No way this league wouldn't have the Knights in it. Simply have to see Hobbs smash some lights! I've moved Bump Bailey to Center Field to make room for Hobbs in RF - I didn't want to start the league with a funeral...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #26
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Cleveland Indians, Movie: Major League

Maybe because it was my favorite movie 2nd to The Natural, or maybe because it's my hometown, The Cleveland Indians simply had to be in this league...

PS: There will definitely be a Jobu Appreciation Day, first game day in August
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #27
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Durham Bulls, Movie: Bull Durham

Crash Davis, "Nuke" LaLoosh, and I only wish I had a spot for Annie Savoy....
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #28
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Empire Bay Cannons, Game: Mafia 2

If you never played the Mafia Series, you really should. Mafia 1 and 2 are good stories, and Mafia 3 will be out this year and is located in New Orleans.

Mafia 2 was in Empire Bay, a New York style city, and Kingston Stadium, home of the Cannons, is driven past a hundred times. Not many details about the team other than a game result on the car radio, and a mention of Jeremy Sunstrum, the Center Fielder.

I needed a place to add Jack Elliott from the movie Mr. Baseball, so I picked the cannons since it was a Big Apple kind of team.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #29
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Miami Gators, Movie: Back to the Future II

The team that didn't exist when BTTF2 was filmed. We know they won the World Series in 1997, but other than that - no details.

So, as I've done with other team, I've placed two celebrity fictional players on the team and filled the rest of the roster with OOTP fictional players.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #30
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Detroit Tigers, Movie: For Love of the Game (and some thoughts...)

6th and last team in the Atlantic League, is the Detroit Tigers.

A quick summary of the intention of this league...

Instead of creating a fictional league where, as always, we have to play into the league long enough to see certain players develop into those we follow. When a league starts, we pretty much have a few hundred names with no "connection" to any of them. As we begin to play out games, and then seasons, personalities surface and the game gets more interesting.

If I had ONE wish for the OOTP fictional mode, it would be to write a backstory for a couple players per team - something to make their personalities stand out a bit from the others...

Anyway, I've chosen to use fictional celebrity players in this league to solve that problem. When Roy Hobbs comes to bat in Game One, we have an expectation for him. When Ricky Vaughn throws his first pitch, we might duck. You get the point

Each of my teams will have an announcer that will write up his teams game summary and a quick overview of what else happened in the league that day. I will pick a team each day to be this "root" team based on what I think is the most important game - or simply guess.

Personally, I hope that I can chose the Cleveland Indians to be the root team - because I want to hear what Harry Doyle has to say LOL.

My next step in setting up the league is going over each roster and game setting to make sure I haven't missed something. I'll also design the colors and uniforms, then post the final details before I actually play the first games.

Without further delay, here's the Tigers...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #31
OmahaBaseball
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPedro99 View Post
Best show ever
Agreed!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #32
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

FBL (Fictional Baseball League) - Atlantic League

Logos & Uniforms

(comments welcome)
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #33
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

FBL (Fictional Baseball League) - Atlantic League

Logos & Uniforms

(comments welcome)
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #34
OmahaBaseball
Hall Of Famer

This may be too late (or you have already listed it and I missed it), but what about "Brewster's Millions"? Monty Brewster (Richard Pryor) is a minor league pitcher for the Hackensack Bulls. Spike Nolan (John Candy) is the catcher. Classic (imho) 80's film.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #35
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Atlantic league team review

(Note: Asterisks after the players name means they are celebrity players from the Movie, TV Show, or Novel sources.)

Detroit Tigers

Briggs Stadium
Manager: Frank Perry*

Led by 2B Steve "Dracula" Taylor, SS Jed Edwards, and SP Billy Chapel*, the Tigers are expected to do well this season.

SP Billy Chapel* is 39yo but still shows determination - a real team player.
(CS: $101,000)

2B Steve Taylor has has a good head on his shoulders and has a good work ethic. He get along with everyone in the clubhouse.
(CS: $232,000)

SS Jed Edwards knows the game pretty well, and rates high in most catagories.
(CS: $32,500)

Cleveland Indians
Cuyahoga County Stadium
Manager: Lou Brown*

The Indians are stocked with a well rounded roster of talent.

1B Charles Graham*, although driven by contract figures, also has the talent to back up his monetary interests.
(CS: $232,000)

P Eddie Harris* shows leadership and is well respected by the team.
(CS: $28,700)

CF Willie "Mays" Hayes* is considered one of the teams leaders, and has a good head on his shoulders. His team mates like him.
(CS: $120,000)

New York Knights
War Memorial Stadium
Manager: Pop Fisher*

Three names rise to the surface when talking about New York; Roy Hobbs*, Bump Bailey*, and Donald Young.

RF Roy Hobbs*, although fragile, can put up some ungodly numbers pretty quickly. Hobbs is the type of player who could have a managerial career after he retires - Intelligent and respected by his teammates.
(CS: $114,080)

CF Bump Bailey* is a cancer in the clubhouse. If not for his talent, he would never hold a spot on the roster. If the Knights do well, he'll likely be taking credit for it.
(CS: $114,080)

3B Don Young is also confident and cocky, but pales in comparison to Bailey* for that title.
(CS: $96,000)

Durham Bulls
Durham Athletic Park
Manager: Joe "Skip" Riggins*

The Bulls are neutral in their focus this season, but need to obtain a bit more talent to compete.

1B Pat "Millionaire" Evans, at age 36, still shows talent and stays out of trouble. He is known as "The Ironman" of the team.

C "Crash" Davis* has seen a lot of games behind the plate, and as such is a proven asset to young pitchers.
(CS: $112,000)

P Ebby "Nuke" Laloosh* is a young, hard thrower, that is hopefully a future star for the Bulls. He is durable and has a lot of pitches, but needs to get more of them over the plate.
(CS: $30,000)

Miami Gators
Gators Ballpark
Manager: Dave Ward

P Evan "The Sheriff" Logan is the top man on the roster. He is a leader in the clubhouse and gets along with everyone.

3B Clu Haywood* is the big bat for the team. He's not the sharpest tac in the box, but he can do some damage fairly regularly.
(CS: $85,000)

P Tom Lewis is really bright and never shows a lack of effort. He is well respected by his teammates.
(CS: $56,000)

Empire Bay Cannons
Cannons Ballpark
Manager: Jose' Flores

SS Wayne Gilbert knows the game and has a good work ethic. Gets along with everyone.

SP Brandon Johnson is a pretty smart guy. At 39yo, he knows every batter's weakness.
(CS: $100,000)

2b Kerry Greene has some leadership abilities and is popular in the clubhouse.
(CS: $27,500)
Old 02-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #36
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
This may be too late (or you have already listed it and I missed it), but what about "Brewster's Millions"? Monty Brewster (Richard Pryor) is a minor league pitcher for the Hackensack Bulls. Spike Nolan (John Candy) is the catcher. Classic (imho) 80's film.
It is a bit too far along to change teams, although I could expand in some future year to introduce a few more "celebrity" players. (Three new posts added today, see above)

Last edited by HRBaker; 02-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #37
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Pacific league team review

California Pioneers
Pioneer Park
Manager: Barney Bancroft*

Top of the feeding chain includes RF Stan Patterson*, 3B Hatrack Hines*, CF Witness York*.

RF Stan Patterson* looks to contribute to the team, not his own ambitions. Stan is also durable, which should keep him in the lineup consistantly.
(CS: $122,000)

3B Hatrick Hines* knows the game pretty well, and his Glove assets on the hot corner will definately help the pitching staff.

CF Witness York* is one of the team leaders and gets along with everyone.
(CS: $41,200)

San Fiero Packers
Packer Bowl
Manager: Manny Duran

The Packers should be a competive team this season with "Dog Pound" Gordon in LF.

LF Chris "Dog Pound" Gordon has both talent and a strong opinion on everything. He is expected to post a high average this season.

SP Jimmy "The Flame" Flanagan* is known to throw fireballs. Combine this with his knowledge of the strike zone and San Fiero has high hopes for this guy.

SP Brandon Owen is a good teammate, and is one of those "no flash but consistant" mound hurlers.
(CS: $86,000)

Santa Barbara Seabirds
Nat Bailey Stadium
Manager: Victor Lopez

Three 4 Star players lead the Seabirds.

2B Jake "The Bird" McIntosh is talented but blind to his own flaws. Management hopes this will be an educational year for him.
(CS: $95,000)

SP Joe :Free Fall" Sawyer is a decent guy who enjoys boating in the offseason. He's durable and steady.
(CS: $26,200)

SP Larry Burns has a good work ethic, but cares more of himself than the team.

Los Santos Saints
Los Santos Forum
Manager: Dan Walker

C Jack Parkman* puts in long hours, but he's not very bright. Look for him to lead the league in BA however.
(CS: $52,500)

SP Steve Nebraska* had an illustrious academic track record, and could have has a very successful white-collar career.
(CS: $14,500)

LF Bob Pierce just wants to make his Mom proud. His speed on the bases just might do that.
(CS: $38,000)

Saint Louis Wolves
Wolves Ballpark
Manager: William "Bud" Abbot

SP Leo LeBlanc brings some high energy to the ballclub.
(CS: $172,000)

SP Doug Kessler is personable, if a bit dull.
(CS: $31,200)

2B Richard Marshall knows the game pretty well.
(CS: $85,000)

Seattle Pilots
Sick's Stadium
Manager: George Cooper

SP John "Shotgun" Ross could benefit from a kick on the backside.
(CS: $27,700)

C Frank Spenser has a hard time keeping up.

SP Shawn Moss is, well, one of the players.
(CS: $61,000)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #38
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Continued at post below...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ll-league.html
Old 10-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #39
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
While staring at the screen recently trying to think of an interesting theme from which to build a new fictional league, the OOTP default "Fictional Baseball League" made me think of all the fictional teams in various movies, TV series, and novels. I wondered if there were enough of those teams to fill an OOTP league, and I wondered if there were enough player details to help create an interest in the lineups as much as the team names.

Good News - Bad News

It seems at first blush that there should be plenty of fictional baseball teams available for such a project, but alas, that is only a perception.

True, if all your looking for is a team name from a book, movie, or TV series, there's plenty of them out there to choose from. However, if your looking for something that also includes enough player detail or a background story to put together a roster, then things get tricky.

Why?

First, we have to filter out all the kids, all the females, and all the "real life" players set into an alternate universe. PS: I'm not being "gender biased" about women, but I just can't put the Rockford Peaches against the New York Knights no matter how much I like the movie.

Second, we have to at least TRY to have something more than a team name, and I didn't want to use the Flintstones, South Park, or The Simpsons.

After spending hours (Ok, days) investigating, I compiled a list that is not far enough along to start a league - but complete enough to go public with it and see what possibilities I've missed.

I haven't read "every" book or saw "every" movie or watched "every" TV show that involved fictional baseball - but between ALL of us, we should come pretty close to including anything that's a possibility.

Here's my list so far.... 3 Teams inducted for sure, another 9 possibilities without player data. PS: At this point hoping for 16 teams but suspect I'll have to settle on 12 or less.

New York Knights (1939) Movie: The Natural
Owner: Judge Goodwill Baneer
Manager: Pop Fisher
RF: Roy Hobbs (with a "Fragile" rating, see NOTE)
CF/RF: Bump Bailey (yes, he doesn't run into a wall and kill himself - but he is a pain-in-the-ass)
Bat boy: Robert Lewis "Bobby" Savoy
NOTE: Since Hobbs' statistics will be legendary, we'll use his questionable health to limit his playing time to about 115 games (out of 154).

Cleveland Indians (1989) Movie: Major League
Owner: Rachel Phelps
Manager: Lou Brown
Announcer: Harry Doyle

00 - Willie Mays Hayes, CF
2 - Mitchell Friedman, C
7 - Jake Taylor, C
8 - Duke Temple, Coach
10 - Eddie Harris, SP
12 - Mario Crespi, 2B
13 - Pedro Cerrano, RF
14 - Lee Van Dyke, LF
15 - Toby Reyna, SS
16 - Pepper Leach, Coach
20 - Donnie Larson, 2B
21 - Matt Kuntz, 3B
23 - Charles Graham, 1B
24 - Roger Dorn, 3B
26 - Seth Lindberg, RP
27 - Brian Campi, CF
28 - Troy Pearson, RP
30 - A.J. Metcalf, 1B
33 - Matthew Bushnell, SP
34 - Lou Brown, Manager
37 - Blake Stocker, RP
38 - Dale Tomlinson, LF
40 - Jeremy Keltner, SP
41 - Sammy Rhoads, CP
44 - Nathan Mosser, SP
45 - Chris Schindler, RP
48 - Sammy Huffman SS
99 - Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn, SP

Durham Bulls (1988) Movie: Bull Durham
Manager: Joe "Skip" Riggins
C: "Crash" Davis
P: Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
Coach: Larry Hockett
Jimmy (need last name and position)
Deke (need last name and position)
Max Patkin (Clown?)
Samuel Veraldi as second baseman (might use actor's name)
Jack the Umpire
Mickey (need last name and position)
Bobby (traded before season starts to minors)

Empire Bay Cannons (2010) Game: Mafia II
... NOTE: Kingston Stadium, center fielder Jeremy Sunstrum

These teams we know nothing about other than their names...

Miami Gators (1987) Movie: Back to the Future II
Santa Barbara Seabirds (0000) TV Series: Psych
...actually has a 1B/C named Cal Eason
San Francisco Saints (0000) TV Series: Monk
Lost Heaven Lancers (2010) Game: Mafia II
Los Santos Saints (0000) Grand Theft Auto
San Fierro Packers (0000) Grand Theft Auto
Metropolis Meteors (0000) DC Comics
Gotham Knights (0000) DC Comics
Coast City Angels (0000) DC Comics

Any comments would be appreciated.
HR
Will you make a QS of this league available?
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #40
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

If you need additional players, check out this link:

The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings (1976) - IMDb

All of the cast is listed.

I remember it as a pretty fair movie.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 10-06-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote