Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 09-23-2024, 11:38 PM   #41
dodgerblue88
Minors (Double A)

I may be a little late to the party, but I named my AA team the New Orleans Swing. I think i picked this up off the old ChrisCreamers sportslogos.net board and I fell in love with the name and color scheme

Name:  OOTP-League-New-Orleans-Swing.png
Views: 43
Size:  53.6 KB
dodgerblue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #42
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommarine View Post
I'm developing two new expansion teams and have decided to place a AA minor league team in New Orleans. I'm going back and forth on a team name and would like to get feedback from my fellow OOTPers. Here are my main contenders so far...

New Orleans Crescents

New Orleans Tailgators

New Orleans Voodoo

Louisiana Cajun Kings

Let me know your thoughts or if you prefer a different name. Thanks!
Being from Louisiana, Voodoo sounds a lot better. It judt brings the mystic
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #43
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
Voodoo would flat out not fly in the modern era.

Pelicans is historical, as is (sort of) Jazz and you could do something with the latter to note the city as the birthplace of that musical form. I think “Zephyrs” was briefly a minor league team name there as well; kind of a way of invoking the wet weather without like making them the Hurricanes and evoking memories of Katrina (which, depending on how far out the save is, even Hurricanes could be okay? Like, Chicago has a soccer team nicknamed the Fire, for example).
Voodoo not good for this ERA?. I'm lost on that reasoning especially when Louisianians & NewOrleans folks EMBRACE the VOODOO culture. This is coming from a Louisiana resident
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #44
dawg1isclear
Minors (Double A)

A bunch of bunk imo, with that thinking, what about the Braves or Chiefs or Devils or Hurricanes, least not all the college nicknames that don't "fit"...
dawg1isclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #45
Tommarine
Minors (Single A)

Hey Eugene, I loved all these suggestions but ultimately decided to go in a different direction. Instead of choosing New Orleans, I placed this minor league team team in Baton Rouge...The Baton Rouge Red Sticks!

The Red Sticks will be the AA affiliate of the Austin Bats expansion team I'm developing. And I like the connection between Bats and Sticks as team teams. Also, why not try to fill my rosters with LSU and Texas players?
Tommarine is offline   Reply With Quote