Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2024, 10:59 PM   #321
dewelar
Major Leagues

I've been combing through the facegen packs trying to find something for Freddy Garcia the 90s infielder (garcia002fre -- not garcia003fre, which is the pitcher) and cannot find anything. Am I missing something?
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 01:12 AM   #322
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Freddy Sanchez

Freddy Garcia. Not that Freddy Garcia. This Freddy Garcia...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg garcia002fre.fg (246.4 KB, 33 views)

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 03:27 AM   #323
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Already done... my seventies FGs will be in the next pack update (in the meantime you can use my link if you want them). But since you requested him... here we go
Awesome - thanks Pres

G
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 08:31 AM   #324
dewelar
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Freddy Garcia. Not that Freddy Garcia. This Freddy Garcia...
Many thanks as always!
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:42 PM   #325
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Kerry Burchett

Here ya go, Amazin'. I do love a late 70's/early 80's mustache to work with...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg burche001ker.fg (101.1 KB, 21 views)

Old 06-14-2024, 05:07 PM   #326
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Excellent! I don't have any more nominations at the moment, but we're plowing through August so there should be a few among the September call-ups.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you publicly for the link to Roger Alexander's Substack and his tales of 1970s minor-league life. Ironic that I spent the last post speculating on Kerry Burchett's (possible) relationships and I had no idea that Roger was the great-nephew of the legendary scout Hugh Alexander!

(I would seriously put Hughey in the Hall, along with Paul Krichell and other top men. This would allow the possibility of Bill Harper and grandson Bryce going in together, one day.)
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 02:32 AM   #327
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
I don't have any more nominations at the moment
And no sooner do I type that than Floyd Bannister tears a rotator cuff, and I decide to fill his spot with Russell "Rusty" McDonald, obtained from the Dodgers chain in the Shane Rawley deal.

(I know, I shouldn't give up on an 24-year-old lefty with a good fastball. But Rawley was blowing saves regularly, and neither Roy Clark nor Manny Estrada could fill the departed Julio Cruz's shoes at 2B. So I sent Shane to the Southland for a package centered on Jack Percornte [who was tearing it up in Albuquerque and has done just fine for us] and Rusty, who IRL was getting decent swingman work at AA San Antonio and would never get past the Dukes, himself. Here, he's done well at Spokane after the swap, and it's not as if I have a lot of other options in the chain. [What, you wanted Eric Mustad to get another chance? Pass.] So let's see what McDonald has on the menu.)

Yep, he finished as a Tacoma Tiger. But the A's didn't bring him across the MLB threshold, either.
Old 06-15-2024, 12:30 PM   #328
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Russell "Rusty" McDonald

Here he is, Amazin'

Glad you enjoyed Roger Alexander's postings! I thought you would. Once you get through all the clicks to get to the entries where the tales of his minor league days, it's a fun, unfiltered read of that era and a minor leaguer making his way.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg mcdona002rus.fg (52.6 KB, 22 views)

Old 06-16-2024, 04:52 PM   #329
clarkemi1
Minors (Single A)

David Newhan

Hello,

Could someone give David Newhan's FG some love? He's pretty ghastly.
Attached Images
Image Image 
clarkemi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 11:14 PM   #330
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

David Newhan

David Newhan shouldn’t be here.

An eight-year major league veteran infielder-outfielder who spent two years with the Padres, he should never have coached in the big leagues. He should never have been named the baseball coach at Maranatha Christian High School — a team led by his son, Nico. Quite honestly, David Newhan should be in a cemetery. Late in 2009, Newhan was surfing south of the Oceanside Pier. He dove off his board, hit his head on the bottom and suffered C2 fracture, an injury to the second vertebra of his neck. It’s referred to as The Hangman’s Fracture. It’s the same injury that left actor Christopher Reeve, who starred in four “Superman” films, a quadriplegic. Newhan walked home after the surfing incident. His wife called paramedics, but he sent them home. Finally, David and Karen Newhan went to Tri-City Medical Center, where a CT scan showed the extent of his injury.

“I really don’t know why I’m breathing or why I’m not in a wheelchair,” Newhan said. “My only explanation is that Jesus or one of his angels had a hand on me. The accident showed me there is a God. I’ve been given another opportunity, and I’m trying to make the most of it.”

A little less than two years after the injury, Newhan was back in spring training with the Padres. After 413 games with the Padres, Phillies, Orioles, Mets and Astros, he was wearing No. 93 and trying to stick as a non-roster player. So, yes, baseball is in Newhan’s blood. His father, Ross, is in the Baseball Hall of Fame for his contributions as a baseball writer. And now Nico, a shortstop, is bound for the University of Arizona on a baseball scholarship. - San Diego Union-Tribune, 2/20/23

I used an O's pic as he was generally clean-shaven most of his career.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg newhan001dav.fg (215.6 KB, 20 views)

Old 06-17-2024, 01:01 PM   #331
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Sigh. Religious people certainly feed my smug sense of unearned superiority, but come on. Did David never hear of a distribution curve?

Yes, David, some people are lucky enough not to suffer as badly from C2 fractures as Christopher Reeve did. Or do you think that "Jesus or one of his angels" allegedly "saving" you from paralysis means that, conversely, "Jesus" wanted Reeve to suffer? Sucks to be you, Christopher, I suppose. Shouldn't have pissed Jesus off that way…

(I bet it was Somewhere in Time that did it. Too soppy for even Jesus to handle.)
Old 06-17-2024, 01:30 PM   #332
clarkemi1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
David Newhan shouldn’t be here.

An eight-year major league veteran infielder-outfielder who spent two years with the Padres, he should never have coached in the big leagues. He should never have been named the baseball coach at Maranatha Christian High School — a team led by his son, Nico. Quite honestly, David Newhan should be in a cemetery. Late in 2009, Newhan was surfing south of the Oceanside Pier. He dove off his board, hit his head on the bottom and suffered C2 fracture, an injury to the second vertebra of his neck. It’s referred to as The Hangman’s Fracture. It’s the same injury that left actor Christopher Reeve, who starred in four “Superman” films, a quadriplegic. Newhan walked home after the surfing incident. His wife called paramedics, but he sent them home. Finally, David and Karen Newhan went to Tri-City Medical Center, where a CT scan showed the extent of his injury.

“I really don’t know why I’m breathing or why I’m not in a wheelchair,” Newhan said. “My only explanation is that Jesus or one of his angels had a hand on me. The accident showed me there is a God. I’ve been given another opportunity, and I’m trying to make the most of it.”

A little less than two years after the injury, Newhan was back in spring training with the Padres. After 413 games with the Padres, Phillies, Orioles, Mets and Astros, he was wearing No. 93 and trying to stick as a non-roster player. So, yes, baseball is in Newhan’s blood. His father, Ross, is in the Baseball Hall of Fame for his contributions as a baseball writer. And now Nico, a shortstop, is bound for the University of Arizona on a baseball scholarship. - San Diego Union-Tribune, 2/20/23

I used an O's pic as he was generally clean-shaven most of his career.
An incredible story. Thank you for the upgrade.
clarkemi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:13 PM   #333
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

So we've reached September, and the call-ups are coming fast and furious.

(About time, too. Our rotation has completely collapsed because of injuries. It's Rick Honeycutt and random volunteers at this point. Not that there's anything particularly exciting to bring up from Spokane [a used-up Andy Messersmith, whom we picked up when the Dodgers cut him loose], but the more bodies there are to share the load, the better.)

Even the Yankees, who have just moved past the Brewers to take the lead in the east, are filling out their bullpen. Not only with (semi-)familiar faces such as Paul Boris and Roger Slagle, but they have also brought up Scott Gleckel, after a decent season at AA West Haven.

IRL, Gleckel was completing the first of two workhorse seasons for Class A Ft. Lauderdale, and then the Yankees passed him on to the Twins, where he had a good year (10-7, 3.63, 4 saves, 2-1 K/W ratio) helping Orlando win the Southern League title…

…and then he…spontaneously combusted or something, I don' t know. Only 25 and a lefty, but he was done. Not here, though.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:27 AM   #334
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Scott Gleckel

Amazin',

I think this is the best I'm gonna be able to get for Gleckel as I fight the shadows. I lightened the skin tone a touch after I made the screenshot but I'm too lazy to retake it and crop it. Hope it works for ya.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg glecke001sco.fg (344.7 KB, 23 views)

Old 06-21-2024, 09:36 AM   #335
karlstyner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/...schmidt-815537

William Schmidt
Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 70 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 55

LansdowneSt, draft prospect facegen, please
karlstyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:43 PM   #336
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

William Schmidt

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 70 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 55

Schmidt could follow the same Catholic HS (Baton Rouge, La.) to Louisiana State to big leagues path blazed by Kurt Ainsworth, the Nola brothers and Josh Smith. But with the way he's pitched as a senior while leading the Bears to a state Division I championship -- he spun a one-hit shutout in the title game -- he'll never make it to college. He owns the best curveball and one of the better fastballs in the prep class.

Schmidt can spin his curveball at upwards of 3,000 rpm, and it's an low-80s hammer that breaks so much that it often fools umpires as well as hitters. He has good command of a fastball that has gained 3 mph this spring, now sitting in the mid-90s and maxing out at 99 mph with carry and arm-side run. He rarely has needed a third pitch but shows some feel for a low-80s changeup with some sink.

Not only does Schmidt have some of the best stuff in the Draft, but he also generates it with ease and fills the strike zone. He still has room to add more strength to his wiry 6-foot-4 frame, so he could get better. He used to elicit comparisons to three-time All-Star Adam Wainwright, but now he's better at the same stage of his career. - mlbpipeline

Saved as First_Last name until he gets a Historical Minors ID
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg William_Schmidt.fg (233.0 KB, 32 views)

Old 06-21-2024, 11:06 PM   #337
karlstyner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

LansdowneSt, Thank you!
karlstyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 10:08 AM   #338
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Playing the 1884 season bring the official first black player in the Major League (Fleet Walker) but that made me think about Bill White who was the first unofficial black player in the major league, he played one game with the Providence Greys in 1879 but he lived his life as a white man (in reality he was mixed race). So to make a long story short I wanted to revisit the FG I did for him previously in the pack who doesn't feel accurate at all (if you check the picture I used was very blurry) using a better picture and better tools... this is the result.

Now he looks like he has black ancestry (his mother was black) but not over the top like the paint job done for his baseball card... really if he would have been that dark he would have never pass for a white man.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: fg white-002bil.fg (75.4 KB, 18 views)

Redoing the Major League history

The FGs I did for the Universe Facegen pack if you don't want to download the complete file everytime the pack is updated.

The complete set (1871 to 1978)

Just the update (1970 to 1978)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 06-23-2024 at 10:14 AM.
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 11:39 PM   #339
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

23 June CUF Pack Update Posted

An update to the CUF pack is up (and technically has been since the wee hours of Monday night). Links in my signature block and the first post in the thread are updated. Steam is updated - be sure to download AND reinstall the pack after downloading it in the Workshop Central.

AESP's updates through the late 70's are in there. I went ahead and redid a couple dozen earlier historical faces as I am doing a Random Debut from all eras and wanted to redo some of the players. I then went on a kick to try and finish off all the 2019 debuts as well as keep current with this year's debuts. Last time I updated in May, I did so without posting some before and after so this time I have a few. I have no idea why I put Fournier on the Braves before putting him a correct Brooklyn uni... I assume it was late.

The audit continues and of the 48,129 facegen files I started with 5,401 have been removed so far for being dead files, duplicate files, players never available in the game (2016 NCAA project) and players with old, scary facegens. I'm about 40% done reviewing what's in there and plodding along... but it adds up More of those types of files will be removed going-forward too as I am going alphabetically and am only in the H's.

On behalf of both AESP_Pres and myself, thanks for your support and encouragement. It's easy to burn out and the support is appreciated!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Old 06-26-2024, 12:09 AM   #340
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Guess I missed the deadline with the small update I sent you this weekend... not that it's a big deal for must users since it's just some early 19th century player updates and some missing Union Association players.

Redoing the Major League history

The FGs I did for the Universe Facegen pack if you don't want to download the complete file everytime the pack is updated.

The complete set (1871 to 1978)

Just the update (1970 to 1978)
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote