Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 9 > FHM9 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM9 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 05-20-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

College Hockey

How developed, immersive is the college game these days?
Dave Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:13 PM   #2
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

Well...after about 90 looked at this posting and no comments left...says it all to me regarding the college experience...nothing to see here!
Old 05-22-2023, 06:58 AM   #3
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Sorry that the community did not respond to your post within 48 hours; we'll try for better, prompter service next time haha.

With regards to how well developed the NCAA game is, I'd say its very good for the first year of its inclusion in FHM. Recruitment is engaging, and its definitely a different challenge to create a balanced roster within the limitations of scholarships and the threat of good players leaving for the NHL. I would be happy just playing NCAA saves and still feel I got my moneys worth with FHM 9.

With regards to how immersive it is... its a text based management sim. I'd say its no more nor less immersive than any other text based management sim? Definitely download a logo file, though, which helps a lot.
Infinite_Jester54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:28 AM   #4
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

TXS for the insight on the college game...I'll probably pass until next year.

My perspective on text based management sims is based upon starting with
OOTP v4. I was trying to get a "feel" for for this sim as to how immersive the experience is with the college game vs. OOTP.
Old 05-22-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

I mean, I find the NCAA experience to be really, really good. I would definitely recommend taking a shot at it, if you're interested. And the immersion factor is at least as good as OOTP, fwiw.
Infinite_Jester54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:21 AM   #6
LawrenceD
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post
Sorry that the community did not respond to your post within 48 hours; we'll try for better, prompter service next time haha.

With regards to how well developed the NCAA game is, I'd say its very good for the first year of its inclusion in FHM. Recruitment is engaging, and its definitely a different challenge to create a balanced roster within the limitations of scholarships and the threat of good players leaving for the NHL. I would be happy just playing NCAA saves and still feel I got my moneys worth with FHM 9. After all, receiving a scholarship is really worth it. Therefore, I want to advise players to make maximum effort to get it. You need to have good results and prepare relevant documents. I know this service StudyMoose https://essays.studymoose.com/writers-for-your-essays can help with a personal statement or personal essay. You can easily find writers for essays there. I advise you to use it.

With regards to how immersive it is... its a text based management sim. I'd say its no more nor less immersive than any other text based management sim? Definitely download a logo file, though, which helps a lot.
I have uploaded the logo file, thanks for the advice

Last edited by LawrenceD; 07-01-2023 at 05:30 AM.
LawrenceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:18 AM   #7
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Where can one download the logo file for V9? Thanks for any info.NM stumbled my way into finally downlading.

Last edited by Bigdummie; 07-02-2023 at 02:18 PM. Reason: figured it out
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 12:17 PM   #8
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Coaching College Team - Can we scout HS players during the season?

Just bought the game and started out as a college coach for Vermont. Are we able to scout HS players during the year? I looked at the manual and on the forums, but didn't see anything mentioned.

Or is that just done on National Signing Day? Didn't see in the game where I could send my scouts out to a region to specifically scout a team or player? Maybe I'm missing something?
progen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 02:07 AM   #9
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Just bought the game and started out as a college coach for Vermont. Are we able to scout HS players during the year? I looked at the manual and on the forums, but didn't see anything mentioned.

Or is that just done on National Signing Day? Didn't see in the game where I could send my scouts out to a region to specifically scout a team or player? Maybe I'm missing something?
So how NCAA works.. You have two kind of mini days. January 1st Verbal commitments... then u have November 10th which is National Signing day..

Keep in mind the verbal comments right now I am at January 1st 2023 so when November 10th comes these if i go after my verbal commits these players are 2 years out which means they dont join until 2024 season if u sign them to national signing day in 2023 just keep that in mind that whom ever u go for verbal commits is 2 years away. Also verbal commits just because they verbal commit from your isnt 100% that they will sign with u on national signing day, just that you have a higher chance.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 02:14 AM   #10
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

anyone know how to increate your pts for monthly budget?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:31 AM   #11
tomkmb
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post

Check out the official channel's YT series where Jeff and Adam play as Wisconsin, the early episodes show the setup for how to get players assigned to your watch lists/scouted etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abni...TPDevelopments

Also, I put a load of information in a more FAQ thread started back near the launch of the game - https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=341923
tomkmb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:32 AM   #12
tomkmb
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
anyone know how to increate your pts for monthly budget?
Someone asked this exact question in the subreddit so I'm not sure if it was yourself. However, it's directly tied to money, so you want to increase your income via attendance and ticket pricing etc.
tomkmb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:48 AM   #13
exploitingsnK
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post

With regards to how well developed the NCAA game is, I'd say its very good for the first year of its inclusion in FHM. Recruitment is engaging, and its definitely a different challenge to create a balanced roster within the limitations of scholarships and the threat of good players leaving for the NHL. I would be happy just playing NCAA saves and still feel I got my moneys worth with FHM 9.

With regards to how immersive it is... its a text based management sim. I'd say its no more nor less immersive than any other text based management sim? Definitely download a logo file, though, which helps a lot. Sport in general has a very good effect on our health. On the other hand, if you want to boost your health, pay attention to https://www.amazon.com/USDA-Organic-.../dp/B0CKBPTPRL these mullein drops. They are known to support lung health, which is crucial for those who play sports.
Regarding the NCAA feature in FHM, it's impressively developed for its first inclusion. The recruitment process is engaging and balancing a roster with scholarship limits and the risk of players leaving for the NHL adds a unique challenge. Personally, playing NCAA saves alone makes FHM 9 worth it.

Last edited by exploitingsnK; 05-21-2024 at 07:18 AM.
exploitingsnK is offline   Reply With Quote