Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:35 PM   #1
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Exclamation Known Bugs and Resolutions

Hey everyone,

This thread will be about gathering all of the known bugs and issues that are currently being worked on regarding OOTP 22. We will be updating this thread to reflect bugs that get fixed and resolved while also alerting you all about bugs we are currently troubleshooting and working to get resolved.

-MAC Display Issues
If you are having issues with a MAC computer and the game display being either half of the screen or reduced in a corner we do have a fix currently for that. Currently, the way to resolve that is to set the game to be launched in low-resolution mode.

1. Quit the app.
2. Open Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ (if you have the steam build) in Finder. If you are a standalone (directly from us) user you should find that app file in your applications support page under OOTP Developments.
3. Click the app once to select it, then choose Get Info from the File menu.
4. From the Get Info window that opens, select the checkbox labeled ”Open in Low Resolution.”
5. Close the Get Info window and open the app again.
BUILD 42 SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE

-Mac 3D gameplay player locations issue [FIXED]
In addition to the first issue about MAC Displays we are aware that for some MAC users their 3D gameplay screens are displaying players incorrectly on the field. Their 3D models are correct but their locations showing their fielding ratings or just their names are not aligned correctly. At the moment we believe this is in conjunction with the display issue that requires MAC users to use low-resolution mode. Like with that issue we are currently investigating this and will hopefully have more info regarding why that happens and fixes to get past that.
BUILD 34 SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE

-MAC stuttering/choppy gameplay
We are currently investigating and looking into MAC users who have reported choppy/stuttering gameplay and performance with the BETA. We have been made aware that for some users with older MAC OS systems updating their OS to at least 11.0 (Big Sur) seemed to be a fix for their issues. If you have the ability and need to update your MAC OS up to 11 we highly recommend attempting that first. If you are someone who has been seeing this kind of behavior with your beta version of OOTP 22 and updating your MAC does not resolve that issue please submit a ticket to our support systems so we can get your issues looked into and get that issue patched with the game. You can submit a ticket to our support systems here https://support.ootpdevelopments.com/portal/newticket or you can email us at Support@ootpdevelopments.com

NON-ASCII Characters
OOTP 22 has been coded to allow NON-ASCII characters in usernames as we look to expand our market to international ones. Due to this we are very closely monitoring for issues regarding usernames that have issues due to NON-ASCII characters in them. We believe we have mostly gotten the past issues resolved but that is only with a good amount of internal testing. If you experience errors launching the game or playing out games please send us a ticket regarding your issue and we will be more than happy to investigate your problem and work to resolve it. https://support.ootpdevelopments.com/portal/newticket or you can email us at Support@ootpdevelopments.com

32-Bit Version
Because OOTP 22 is fully 64-Bit supportive users who have 32-Bit OS's will need to make sure they download and install a 32-Bit version of OOTP 22. The 64-Bit version will not install or even begin the installation process on a 32-Bit OS. I'm checking with the dev team about how the 32-Bit version will be distributed to users who need it.

-Where do I download the game?
If you purchased the game from us and are looking for where to download your game you will be able to find our installers on our website and forums as well for future patches we release. All you should need to do is use the installer from below to install the game to your system and then with the activation/license key that was emailed to you you will activate the game after it is installed. If you have issues getting a patch to install correctly we recommend uninstalling the game from your computer and then using the latest patch to reinstall the game. That should get you past any updating issues.

If you have issues finding or if you haven't gotten your activation/license key please let me know via a DM or support ticket and I'll be happy to get that for you.

-Steam compatibility.
So if you bought the FastSpring version directly from us that will not operate as a steam purchase. Your FastSpring license key for a Win/MAC machine will not work if you attempt to enter that into steam. You can technically install the standalone version and add the game to your steam library but it will be considered a third party program and won't update automatically like a steam purchase would. Contact our support if you mispurchased that looking for the steam version.

-Could Not Find Team Error
On Launch day we noticed that some teams got placed into an entry pool league before the leagues were supposed to be created and setup. This caused some users to get errors stating that they could not find the team they were trying to log into. We have corrected that error after the Entry Pools were created so those should be all fixed.

If you are still experiencing this error we are recommending users to delete the .pt folders to see if that helps get past the issue. Please go to the main menu of OOTP and select settings and on the pop up window go to troubleshooting. On the troubleshooting tab please select "open folder containing saved games" and that will bring you to where OOTP stores your saved games. We would be looking to delete any folders that have "start"######.pt as their folder name. Those are your Perfect Team folders and deleting those forces the servers to resend the entire download. This helps us make sure that there isn't something incorrect with what you have already downloaded preventing that team from being found and downloaded.

-3D Crowds not in new Stadiums
Regretfully our new stadiums do not support our older crowd animations at the current time of OOTP 22. We are working to see if we can get support for them reintegrated back in. Our older stadiums that were in OOTP 21 and beyond as well as the custom stadiums you create using our construction kit will use the older crowds natively. We will update you all when we have more info about the 3D crowds.

-Where do I go to update/patch my game?
When we release a new patch or update to our games we will alert you in 2 ways. 1-There will be a notification in game (for OOTP user) alerting you that a new patch of the game is available to download. You can check your version number at the bottom of your main menu to see if you are in need of that new patch. We also send out emails to our newsletter subscribers when we make new patches. To update your game please follow the instructions below.

For Steam users your game will automatically update through the steam program. Simply find your downloads page and move up OOTP to have steam install the patch. You can find downloads under your library drop down menu.
For AppStore users it is very similar with the AppStore updating your game automatically through their services. You should have either a downloads or update page that manages app updates and new patches. You should be able to allow the AppStore to process that update. Just a minor note the AppStore can sometimes be 24 hours behind our other services due to their stricter review policies regarding files sent out to customers.
For all users who purchased the game directly from us (OOTP) on our website you will need to download the patch installer either directly from our website home page or from our forums. We also have a file manager website (OOTPDevFiles.com) you can use if either of those pages are down. Simply locate the new patch/update thread under our forums page for the game you are updating and download the correct OS you need. Simply download the one you need and then install the new patch over your original installation of OOTP/FHM. The game will update all files we have edited to reflect the new changes.

If you have issues getting a patch to install correctly we recommend uninstalling the game from your computer and then using the latest patch to reinstall the game. That should get you past any updating issues.

-Game Won't Advance Into Offseason
We did discover that there is a bug that's causing the offseason begins event to not get summoned by the game. There are two ways you can go about fixing that and correcting that issue while we get it patched out for future saves and any new leagues you start up.

1-We can turn on commissioner mode and force the game into offseason mode and that will push the issue past and out of the way. This is a manual way to go about doing the fix. The way to do that is to enable commissioner mode by going to your manager options screen. After you check that box on go to the MLB dropdown and select Reports & Info. On that menu select League Events List and on that page add an event. Change the custom event dropdown to Offseason Starts and give it the name Offseason Begins. Save those changes to that custom event and the game will start up the offseason for the MLB league. We do recommend following the 2nd step as well just in case the same issue happens next year.
2-The devs have told me that alternatively, you should be able to simply delete the minors schedule. Our lead dev posted this on our forums about this issue. "Okay, it looks like the game is getting confused because some of the minor leagues have already generated their next years schedules. I think it's doing that due to having run an expansion before the season. We should be able to fix that going forward - for now, I would suggest going into your minor leagues and deleting their schedules, and then I think your MLB league should be able to advance to the offseason like normal."
BUILD 42 SHOULD FIX THIS ISSUE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I will update this list as we find more bugs and get bugs fixed. So ones that are fixed will be highlighted as resolved and ones we are working on will have updates added as we find more info. If you know of a bug we don't list here please do let me know via a DM and I'll make sure we get that info added with following fixes/resolutions or updates of workings.

Thanks
Alex

Last edited by Alex Murray; 04-16-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My offers to FA staff are sometimes getting stuck at pending and never resolving.
It's a real pain. I have to make new offers to coaches I didnt want, and it's takes up a lot of time.
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #3
RMill
Bat Boy

Unable to re-enter game play

Using a Mac Pro with the most current update, I'm unable to re-enter a game if a substitution is made or if game options is selected as there is no button displayed to return me to the game in progress. The only way to complete the game is to play the game in auto progression.
Any suggestions to resolve this issue?
RMill is offline   Reply With Quote