Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #41
2tango2
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Indeed - I found 2 completed Missions each worth 1 pack. Inside 1 of them was this young fellow:
_

Nice-

I got Connor Joe

But this game works against me anyways lol

PT21

PT22

2tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:09 AM   #42
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

This would have been a great model for Face of the Franchise. Instead they went the other way, and made it a bunch of collections where the reward does not equal the outlay. Not even close.

Hard pass on FOTF.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #43
MaroonAlberich
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
This would have been a great model for Face of the Franchise. Instead they went the other way, and made it a bunch of collections where the reward does not equal the outlay. Not even close.

Hard pass on FOTF.
Unfortunately, it's going to affect the price of every non-live card, too. All missions out have seen cards skyrocket, and the remaining teams aren't seeing their players put on the block anymore. Too many bottlenecks and too many speculators have likely ruined the AH.
MaroonAlberich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:21 AM   #44
GoCubsGo16
Bat Boy

Yep, RIP AH, at least for a while. Virtually every non-live card is now 10-20X the cost. I hope everyone was able to build their tourney teams before tonight. I’d thought about trying out silver (been playing bronze for a while) but that’s a non-starter now.
GoCubsGo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:52 AM   #45
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Funny. There's a new Tom Seaver card in town. The Mets easily complete 4/6 of the missions, but the Silver and Diamond missions are impossible ...

I will never have a Tom Seaver that isn't on the Red Sox.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #46
ronhatch
Minors (Single A)

Late to the conversation, but my suspicion is that the real core of the problem is the noticeable difference in rarity between live and historical cards. In theory you could design around that a bit by requiring fewer cards for collections with historical cards, but there's only so far you can go with that... if they remain committed to that rarity gap, any collection that can be completed without historical cards is going to be significantly easier.

Secondary team, with heavy restrictions on using the auction house:

Tertiary team is AFK... I'm not allowing myself to make any changes to the team except during the offseason:
ronhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #47
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post

Hard pass on FOTF.
Well, people have been complaining about everyone using the same cards from the live series. So, here is everyone's chance to see what getting packs as a reward will do for you.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #48
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Yeah that's the thing that has always struck me about the "MISSIONS SHOULD ONLY GIVE PACKS AS REWARDS!!!!1!1!!111!!" crowd...they don't understand the simple economics involved.

At this point I'm better off spending all my PP on packs and maybe hitting the lottery than searching the AH from time to time and stumbling across some rube who's listed an awesome card for a decent price.

What's most likely, in actual fact, is that I'll give PT a break and focus on the actual baseball games that are starting back up.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #49
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post

I'd love to see a fictional player collection.. Crash Davis, Sam Malone, Roy Hobbs, Air Bud... you get the idea. Probably not possible since they're all IPs owned by other people, but could still be fun.

Crash Davis is a real player, so he is definitely a possibility; perhaps not in the way you meant, but name-wise no reason he can be added:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...aviscr01.shtml
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote