Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I just received a PM from forum member Sprague. He has shown me what I've been doing wrong.

I wasn't importing complete history when I was creating my historical leagues. Figured since I was erasing all stats anyway, I didn't need to. That was my mistake. If you import complete history when creating the league and then erase all history the Johnny Evers problem goes away.

Now, I did find a problem with this method, but I think it will be easily avoidable. I started a league in 1944 and imported complete history. I erased all history and the league started with zero stats/history. Following the 1944 season there were quite a few players/pitchers on the leaderboard with their career stats. I have a feeling this may be due to the war years and I would avoid starting during those years.

After creating 1944, I created 1947 and simmed both the 47 and 48 seasons after erasing all history. I didn't see any problems.

So Thank You Mr. Sprague.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #22
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

So I just set up this league starting in 1947. Starting play today. Name:  make_it_work_1947-04-15_11-01-09.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  293.0 KB
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #23
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Okay, I just received a PM from forum member Sprague. He has shown me what I've been doing wrong.

I wasn't importing complete history when I was creating my historical leagues. Figured since I was erasing all stats anyway, I didn't need to. That was my mistake. If you import complete history when creating the league and then erase all history the Johnny Evers problem goes away.

Now, I did find a problem with this method, but I think it will be easily avoidable. I started a league in 1944 and imported complete history. I erased all history and the league started with zero stats/history. Following the 1944 season there were quite a few players/pitchers on the leaderboard with their career stats. I have a feeling this may be due to the war years and I would avoid starting during those years.

After creating 1944, I created 1947 and simmed both the 47 and 48 seasons after erasing all history. I didn't see any problems.

So Thank You Mr. Sprague.

You are most welcome David
cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #24
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, just got frustrated. Shouldn't have resorted to the brick wall bit. No excuse for that.
My 'No_MLB' quickstart, I believe does what you want. I just tested through one season and imported the draft class. All leaderboards show only the one season that I've simmed for both yearly and career leaderboards.

The QS has the four main minor leagues of 1921 with the next four as their farm clubs, but you could edit the clubs/leagues' numbers to fit your needs. Real MLB players coming in using the minor league db, so they import ahead of their MLB debut.

I have csv files for each season's draft class from 1922-99 in csv format ready for importation each season.

If you'd be interested in this to try, let me know.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 03-01-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #25
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't want to import full history. I want to erase all history and create a fictional world using real players. But, I can't do so if the Johnny Ever or any other player that missed a the import year, comes into my 1 year old league with 16+ years worth of stats. If Evers were to simply return with zero stats things would be lovely. But, having a player import into a 1 year old league with 1600+ hits is not doable.
EDIT: i see someone already fixed your problem! enjoy
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #26
reds1
Hall Of Famer

'Jackson Browns' = awesome.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #27
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for all the discussion guys. Here is what I was trying to do and couldn't figure out a good way to do it easily. I wanted to create a world where after the 1994 strike all of the teams in all the divisions broke from the traditional MLB-AAA-AA etc structure and set up a promotion-relegation structure like in the European Soccer leagues. So basically I wanted to take all of the MLB teams and leave them in the MLB League, them all of their AAA teams in the tier below then and the AA teams below that and so on. Then each year one team from every division gets demoted and one team is promoted to the higher level. I wanted to have all the rosters start with what they were when the strike happened. So the problem was that I could either create the league structure like I wanted it but have no real players in it or historical start from the real end of the 1994 season, but then couldn't figure out how to edit the league structure like I wanted. I was just wondering if it was going to be easier to create a leave structure from scratch and then one of the last options would be to import all of the players from a specific season with their real stat histories up until that point. I could then assign the players to the trans I wanted them to start on. Maybe there's an easy way to do this already but I couldn't figure it out and didn't get very far when I created a thread to ask about how to accomplish this in OOTP XX.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #28
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjoe0813 View Post
Here is what I was trying to do and couldn't figure out a good way to do it easily. I wanted to create a world where after the 1994 strike all of the teams in all the divisions broke from the traditional MLB-AAA-AA etc structure and set up a promotion-relegation structure like in the European Soccer leagues.
Very cool idea! As a fan of alternate history fiction, and of playing around with Pro-Rel leagues in OOTP, you have grabbed my attention!

Since, unless it has changed in 21, you can only have a pro-rel link between a single league in each direction, the multiple teams at AA and especially A could become an issue. Depending on the depth you wanted Pro-Rel to go, I could see MLB through AA, or at least some of the AA teams forming into 4 divisions of Pro-Rel and then have the other teams organize into Independent leagues

OK, now I am going to be thinking about this all day! If I don't get my work done properly, I am going to blame you!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #29
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

My idea was to combine all the minor leagues in one level to one league. The initial alignment would mirror MLB, so the AAA East would start with the AAA teams for the Braves, Mets, Phillies, Marlins, Expos, the AA East would have the AA teams for those teams, and so on down the line. That way there would be an even promotion/relegation in each division each year.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote