Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

New PT Universe Structure shown on Steam store page

Rookie and Stone level added at the bottom. Only one team from each Diamond league promoted, 24 teams relegated from what appears to be only one Perfect league.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 02-21-2020 at 12:14 PM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Yup, that's brand new. We cap the number of Diamond Leagues at around 48, and the number of teams in the Perfect League will be between 30 and 60, depending on where we are in the life cycle. Everybody who does not make the playoffs in Perfect League gets demoted back to Diamond. So, it will be a constant battle for the top. Also, because of this we will have a TRUE Perfect Team champion each season... I can't wait!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

That single PL at the top makes me want to swoon!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I truly love to see how the studio is taking the lessons learned from 19 and 20 and using them to improve everything.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:44 PM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I truly love to see how the studio is taking the lessons learned from 19 and 20 and using them to improve everything.
Thanks for the kind words We try to listen to our customers and implement as many suggested changes as possible, without hurting the business model at the same time obviously. I think PT21 will be a blast!
Old 02-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thanks for the kind words We try to listen to our customers and implement as many suggested changes as possible, without hurting the business model at the same time obviously. I think PT21 will be a blast!

In listening... Will there be an additional criteria to reach Diamond, such as multiple gold championships?

I think until you have an additional criteria that merits upper tier, Diamond just becomes the new perfect league with the same issues it currently has as far as competition and tanking.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
In listening... Will there be an additional criteria to reach Diamond, such as multiple gold championships?

I think until you have an additional criteria that merits upper tier, Diamond just becomes the new perfect league with the same issues it currently has as far as competition and tanking.
No criteria for promotions. But less teams from Gold are promoted and the shape of the system will be more like a Pyramid this time, so the issues you state will be minimized.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #8
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Having 8 teams promoted will stop players from making the playoff points and then tanking the playoffs so they don't get promoted. It seems like a good solution to this style of tanking.

Excited to see how this level format functions. Everything will new and shiny.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #9
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No criteria for promotions. But less teams from Gold are promoted and the shape of the system will be more like a Pyramid this time, so the issues you state will be minimized.
Thanks Markus, if they aren't minimized, just keep that idea in mind. To me, showing multiple championships indicates you're ready and will be competitive for an upper tier filled with whales and F2P managers that have the time. Rather than having a fluke season or two and then getting trounced in the upper tier/s.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'll be the one. I don't like the prospect of half the teams in a league getting booted up or down on Monday. Leaves little to no room for experimentation / position training without careening towards the red zone. And I'm also very disappointed that even the fluke chance at a PL championship will be taken away from 99% of teams, which perversely enough was also what many of those 99% of players seemed to wish for...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #11
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I never fail to be amazed at the attention OOTP gives to the user community. Taking the time to go through thousands of ideas and work in something that accomplishes those ideas in a way that doesn't ruin the game.... admirable. I guess that's where the term "work-in-progress" comes from

Looking forward to v21.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #12
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Okay, I'll be the one. I don't like the prospect of half the teams in a league getting booted up or down on Monday. Leaves little to no room for experimentation / position training without careening towards the red zone. And I'm also very disappointed that even the fluke chance at a PL championship will be taken away from 99% of teams, which perversely enough was also what many of those 99% of players seemed to wish for...
I think most people want competitive leagues and not be 20 behind in 2nd place by July. It only makes sense to crown a single perfect champion each week. It will be interesting to see up to 60 teams in a single league. Have they thought of the possible configurations and created a custom-made schedule for each one? Please, don't ruin the experience by having the computer auto-generate a schedule for a 46-team league!

Last edited by bailey; 02-21-2020 at 03:33 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #13
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

I have to agree with bailey. I would much rather play in a competitive league equal to my team's strength than ever getting to Perfect Level. I'm willing to submit the upper Tier to those willing to build "Perfect Teams" while I win as many championships in the lower leagues as I can manage. Not everyone has to be "king of the mountain".

Old 02-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #14
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Anything that makes it so Im not forced to compete with "whales" sounds good to me. All I ask is that I have a fair shot to win.
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #15
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

I don't think I can keep Mr. Fastspring and his PayPal transactions a secret one more season.......

Or can I?

Last edited by webdox; 02-21-2020 at 09:07 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:37 PM   #16
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Yup, that's brand new. We cap the number of Diamond Leagues at around 48, and the number of teams in the Perfect League will be between 30 and 60, depending on where we are in the life cycle. Everybody who does not make the playoffs in Perfect League gets demoted back to Diamond. So, it will be a constant battle for the top. Also, because of this we will have a TRUE Perfect Team champion each season... I can't wait!

Love it Markus. Very very cool.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:09 PM   #17
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

(this is how I spend my extra time)

Playing with some of the hints Marcus mentioned about the new PT Pyramid (30-60 Perfect teams, and 48max Diamond leagues) I came up with a "rough" guess of the level numbers.

Disclaimer; I could be terribly wrong LOL

Marcus comments sets about 1500 teams in his current Beta test run into his top 2 levels. If we look at his team totals (24,198 teams) that puts about 22,500 teams in the lower 6 levels (Gold to Rookie). If he configures the structure closer to a pyramid this time, I get the following breakdown...

Perfect - 60 teams
Diamond ~ 1400 teams
Gold ~ 2400 teams
Silver ~ 3000 teams
Bronze ~ 3600 teams
Iron ~ 4200 teams
Stone ~ 4800 teams
Rookie ~ 5400 teams

That totals about 24,000 teams, as showing in his beta screen shots.

If we extrapolate those ratios back to PT20 (660 leagues, and 19712 teams) we get the following breakdown... (Note: these are "gross" numbers - meaning not divisible by 30 team leagues)

Perfect - 49 teams, 2 leagues
Diamond ~ 1174 teams, 39 leagues
Gold ~ 1957 teams, 65 leagues
Silver ~ 2446 teams, 82 leagues
Bronze ~ 2935 teams, 98 leagues
Iron ~ 3424 teams, 114 leagues
Stone ~ 3913 teams, 130 leagues
Rookie ~ 4402 teams, 147 leagues

So, why did I do this exercise? ...to try and figure out what level my teams would likely be in under the new structure. Best I can tell, there are currently 2,670 teams in Perfect. Since I'm usually just under .500 with my Perfect teams, I'm probably hovering around the 1500th best team.

If my estimations above hold true, my current Perfect Team(s) would likely be in the upper Gold Level area in PT21 and much more competitive.

And THAT, my friends, makes me a lot happier than where I am now

Old 02-22-2020, 12:45 AM   #18
xekyn92
Bat Boy

It’s super nitpicky but I really dislike the name of ‘Stone’ tier, it feels thematically out of place. Personally would have much preferred ‘Rookie < Iron < Bronze < Silver < Gold < Platinum < Diamond < Perfect’ since Platinum is a common tier that appears in lots of other games with a competitive ranking system. Not the end of the world, just strikes me as bizarre.
xekyn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:01 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Have they thought of the possible configurations and created a custom-made schedule for each one? Please, don't ruin the experience by having the computer auto-generate a schedule for a 46-team league!
No worries
Old 02-22-2020, 03:02 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xekyn92 View Post
It’s super nitpicky but I really dislike the name of ‘Stone’ tier, it feels thematically out of place. Personally would have much preferred ‘Rookie < Iron < Bronze < Silver < Gold < Platinum < Diamond < Perfect’ since Platinum is a common tier that appears in lots of other games with a competitive ranking system. Not the end of the world, just strikes me as bizarre.
We don't have Platinum cards, and we want a consistent scale. So not bizarre at all