Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #41
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagtastic View Post
so, to this point i'm playing solid .750+ ball...

and since june 24th, the huntley red raiders have gone an astonishing 41-1 against "the field".

now i'm 7.5 games back. go ahead and lose some, make it interesting again!
Seems to me he is committed to winning.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:56 PM   #42
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
so, to this point i'm playing solid .750+ ball...

and since june 24th, the huntley red raiders have gone an astonishing 41-1 against "the field".

now i'm 7.5 games back. go ahead and lose some, make it interesting again!
Real-time update: Since June 24:

Huntley vs The Field: 44-1

BUT...also since June 24:

Huntley vs Gonzaga: 2-4

And since Opening Day:

Huntley vs Gonzaga: 5-11

Your Bulldogs really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really need to win the Wild Card game!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #43
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

OH OK, I didn't realize the field excluded the Zags...44-1!...slightly less ! now...After all you lost 4 other games in that 51 game stretch!

So the two of you are gonna battle it out it seems...Zags still want the division. Red Raiders are already relegating them to the WC game.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:34 AM   #44
Orion
Major Leagues

What a Run

Taos caught major fire after adding Bellinger during the All-Star break, going 27-6 since and gone from 1/2 game out to a nearly insurmountable 13.5 game lead in the division. Zack Wheat is vying for a triple crown...What stretches my noodle is how is the whale 2nd in defensive effeciency with that defense. There's really only a couple above average defenders on the whole squad? Matrix have any input? He doesn't commit many errors which helps I guess.
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 02-15-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:06 AM   #45
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are doing certain things in P480.

One of the things they're doing is earning PP. This is going to be one of the best seasons for achievement earnings in quite some time (or ever). Gold achievements so far this week include a 24-game winning streak (4,000 PP) and 2 separate Poundings (30-4 and 31-4, 3,000 PP a piece). Add in 9,200 PP for silver achievements and 10,620 PP for bronze achievements and we're already around 30K with another month to play + end-of-season stuff.

One of the other things the Frogs are doing is winning some ball games (108-26, +533). Aside from an 18-10 June and a 2-1 record in March, the Frogs have topped 20 wins in each month. July was especially strong with a 24-1 showing. We've had 24-, 17-, and 14-game winning streaks this season. It's a virtual lock that the club will set a franchise record for run differential because the old mark is a scant +549. The franchise record for 131 wins is also in play with only 3 "tough" games remaining against the San Antonio Silver Sluggers. The rest of the slate of opponents ranges from 30-games below .500 to about .500.

I should also state for posterity that the Frogs are not using cheese of any kind this week.

Another thing the Frogs are doing is scoring runs. This is easily the strongest offense the Frogs have ever fielded. On pace for 1150 runs, which would be about 120 more than the old team record; plus, this season has more neutral park factors than many teams of yore. New Frogs this season are Zack Wheat (.373/.414/.634, 21 HR 104 RBI) and Cap Anson (.312/.396/.402, 17 HR, 111 RBI, 27 SB). I should say they have fit right in. Norm Cash, Richie Ashburn, and Eddie Collins have all banked 5+ WAR already as well. Cash especially has been going off (.339/.465/.581, 23 HR 92 RBI) after not getting into any games at all in 2061, 2063, and 2064. Appling (4.8 WAR) and Cochrane (4.3 WAR) are not too far behind.

Pitching-wise, Pedro Martinez is having his best season as a Frog (24-2, 2.49 ERA) and a far cry from the -1.1 WAR he posted in Whale League. 100 Gossage has proven a nice addition to the bullpen, with an 0.89 ERA in 40.2 IP setting up for Hoffman.

The list of Frogs not having great seasons is pretty short. 100 Ozzie is batting just .250. Ed Walsh and Stan Coveleski have ERA's up around 3.50 and that's not great compared to their usual yeoman-like work. Dick Allen and Cesar Cedeno are also having down years in the short end of their respective platoons.

Hopefully the Frogs can finish strong, earn another 20K PP or so, and with their 1st PL title since 2062.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:39 AM   #46
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Taos caught major fire after adding Bellinger during the All-Star break, going 27-6 since and gone from 1/2 game out to a nearly insurmountable 13.5 game lead in the division. Zack Wheat is vying for a triple crown...What stretches my noodle is how is the whale 2nd in defensive effeciency with that defense. There's really only a couple above average defenders on the whole squad? Matrix have any input? He doesn't commit many errors which helps I guess.
Yes...my best guess is this which is the first thing that came up when I searched the number (defensive efficiency) DEF from the MLB website:

Defensive efficiency is a very good tool for assessing team defense, but it has its flaws. For instance, a team whose pitchers allow a high frequency of hard-hit balls will most likely have a lower DER because those balls are more likely to wind up as hits.

That is that his pitchers are so good they are making it easy for the defense.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:47 AM   #47
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs are doing certain things in P480.

One of the things they're doing is earning PP. This is going to be one of the best seasons for achievement earnings in quite some time (or ever). Gold achievements so far this week include a 24-game winning streak (4,000 PP) and 2 separate Poundings (30-4 and 31-4, 3,000 PP a piece). Add in 9,200 PP for silver achievements and 10,620 PP for bronze achievements and we're already around 30K with another month to play + end-of-season stuff.

One of the other things the Frogs are doing is winning some ball games (108-26, +533). Aside from an 18-10 June and a 2-1 record in March, the Frogs have topped 20 wins in each month. July was especially strong with a 24-1 showing. We've had 24-, 17-, and 14-game winning streaks this season. It's a virtual lock that the club will set a franchise record for run differential because the old mark is a scant +549. The franchise record for 131 wins is also in play with only 3 "tough" games remaining against the San Antonio Silver Sluggers. The rest of the slate of opponents ranges from 30-games below .500 to about .500.

I should also state for posterity that the Frogs are not using cheese of any kind this week.

Another thing the Frogs are doing is scoring runs. This is easily the strongest offense the Frogs have ever fielded. On pace for 1150 runs, which would be about 120 more than the old team record; plus, this season has more neutral park factors than many teams of yore. New Frogs this season are Zack Wheat (.373/.414/.634, 21 HR 104 RBI) and Cap Anson (.312/.396/.402, 17 HR, 111 RBI, 27 SB). I should say they have fit right in. Norm Cash, Richie Ashburn, and Eddie Collins have all banked 5+ WAR already as well. Cash especially has been going off (.339/.465/.581, 23 HR 92 RBI) after not getting into any games at all in 2061, 2063, and 2064. Appling (4.8 WAR) and Cochrane (4.3 WAR) are not too far behind.

Pitching-wise, Pedro Martinez is having his best season as a Frog (24-2, 2.49 ERA) and a far cry from the -1.1 WAR he posted in Whale League. 100 Gossage has proven a nice addition to the bullpen, with an 0.89 ERA in 40.2 IP setting up for Hoffman.

The list of Frogs not having great seasons is pretty short. 100 Ozzie is batting just .250. Ed Walsh and Stan Coveleski have ERA's up around 3.50 and that's not great compared to their usual yeoman-like work. Dick Allen and Cesar Cedeno are also having down years in the short end of their respective platoons.

Hopefully the Frogs can finish strong, earn another 20K PP or so, and with their 1st PL title since 2062.
I'm glad you've come such a long way, although I probably preferred reading your reports when you weren't blowing the competition out of your lily-padded waters.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #48
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Welp, I worked my way into the second best record to this point in the AC in .423, and third best in the league, and I'm 11 games back in my division. 10.5 game lead in the wild card though. Gonna be funny if I get bounced in the wild card with the third best record in the league. And by funny I mean annoying.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:13 PM   #49
daves
Hall Of Famer

This week’s theme for my 3 teams, Battle of the Prior Perfect Champions!

P429: Doubledays are in the NC West battling the Fighting Ahabs for the division. Winner is the #3 seed and loser is the top wildcard. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East - Pawtucket Poets -9, Central -Chernobyl Meltdown – 10, West - Doubledays – 6, Fighting Ahabs – 14; AC: East – None, Central - Castlebury Defenders – 1, West – Diamond Street St -1. So the NC has a total of 39 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 2. Not looking good for the Doubledays. Poets are the favorites to win followed closely by Chernobyl.

P422: The Woodpeckers are contenders are most likely the top NC wildcard. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East – Lake Monroe Doctrine -1, Central –Casterly Rock Lion – 3, Woodpeckers – 1, Memphis Rivermen – 1, West- Chicago Cubbies – 6, Sioux City Bandits – 1; AC: East – Bville baby Sharks - 9, Blythville Blues – 1, Central - NONE, West – NONE. So the NC has a total of 13 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 10 (with one team with 9). Bville Baby Sharks vs Chicago Cubbies is the expected series.

P419: The Owlz are in the NC East competing against Victoria Vikings that share the same lefty ballpark strategy. Except the Vikings have more power and managed to win 3 Perfect titles to the Owlz Zero. Regardless the Owlz have a 10 ½ game division lead and should win the division barring a complete collapse. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East – Victoria Vikings -3, Central – Buffalo Bulls – 9, Bad Boyz Black Panthers – 5, Virginia Redbirds – 1, AC: East - Rocketchester Rockets – 2, Central – Anaheim Mighty Ducks – 4, West – Mississauga Carnivores – 18. So the NC has a total of 18 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 24. Though the Owlz are doing well in the regular season, but the competition is too great for that 1st Perfect title.

Last edited by daves; 02-15-2020 at 03:31 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #50
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
This week’s theme for my 3 teams, Battle of the Prior Perfect Champions!

P429: Doubledays are in the NC West battling the Fighting Ahabs for the division. Winner is the #3 seed and loser is the top wildcard. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East - Pawtucket Poets -9, Central -Chernobyl Meltdown – 10, West - Doubledays – 6, Fighting Ahabs – 14; AC: East – None, Central - Castlebury Defenders – 1, West – Diamond Street St -1. So the NC has a total of 39 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 2. Not looking good for the Doubledays. Poets are the favorites to win followed closely by Chernobyl.

P422: The Woodpeckers are contenders are most likely the top NC wildcard. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East – Lake Monroe Doctrine -1, Central –Casterly Rock Lion – 3, Woodpeckers – 1, Memphis Rivermen – 1, West- Chicago Cubbies – 6, Sioux City Bandits – 1; AC: East – Bville baby Sharks - 9, Blythville Blues – 1, Central - NONE, West – NONE. So the NC has a total of 13 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 10 (with one team with 9). Bville Baby Sharks vs Chicago Cubbies is the expected series.

P419: The Owlz are in the NC East competing against Victoria Vikings that share the same lefty ballpark strategy. Except the Vikings have more power and managed to win 3 Perfect titles to the Owlz Zero. Regardless the Owlz have a 10 ½ game division lead and should win the division barring a complete collapse. Prior Perfect title winners by division are NC: East – Victoria Vikings -3, Central – Buffalo Bulls – 9, Bad Boyz Black Panthers – 5, Virginia Redbirds – 1, AC: East - Rocketchester Rockets – 2, Central – Anaheim Mighty Ducks – 4, West – Mississauga Carnivores – 18. So the NC has a total of 18 prior Perfect Titles and the AC has 24. Though the Owlz are doing well in the regular season, but the competition is too great for that 1st Perfect title.
Not'a one of your 3 teams is in my league again this week & so I have a rather easy time wishing all three of them good fortune.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:47 PM   #51
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P438: Two Fun Facts

More Like "Fun" Fact #1: Huntley is currently 112-28. Huntley's fifth starter, 99 Rube Marquard, is 11-10. He's like the anti-1972 Steve Carlton.

Actual Fun Fact #2: As previously documented, Huntley is 5-11 versus the Gonzaga Bulldogs this year. The Red Raiders and Gonzaga have one more series left to play, a 3-game tilt in Huntley. And holy crap, here come the Bulldogs! This division race ain't over, folks!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 02-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #52
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

My SE 97 Ben Sheets has a 119-19 K-BB record, and I can't take in this insanity.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #53
Edster007
All Star Starter

My first log in to PT since Sunday night finds one of my teams, the Knights heading for a WC matchup with another OL alum in Magnus' Boppers. My former 70's theme vs his former 80's theme. Otherwise not much to talk about with my other clubs this week.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:53 PM   #54
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers are 109-37, on pace to have their most wins ever. The most they've ever won is 110 games, way back in the 2055 season. The Portland Raccoons are a distant 2nd, 20 games behind.

Bill Terry and Sherry Magee have lead the way, both hitting +.330 and WARs over 6. Yelich, Schmidt, and Sisler are having good seasons but not great. Spud Chandler, 4th in the rotation, has been great with a 20-2 record and a 2.88 ERA.

I went to the AH looking for another starter or possibly to bolster the pen, or even an upgraded catcher (88 Rodriguez is my starter), but came away with 99 Willie Mays. He had a BIN at 57777, and since I have been wanting to upgrade Dykstra for a long time, but could never find/afford someone that wouldn't leave a massive hole in center defensively, it took me a few moments but I finally bought him.

Teams that should/have made the playoffs are the Florence BayCats, they've never won a PL title but have put together a very solid team, and are 98-48, leading their division. The Raccoons, Peculiar Mischief (90-55), and the Wasatch MoTaurs (85-60) are all very capable of ruining the season for the YakAnglers.

The Cheeto Cheetahs and the Chicago Rampage are favorites in the East, with the Cheetahs being the favorite to win another PL title.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #55
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
This was a nice effort. My poor opponent burned through about everybody on the hill......
Attached Images

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:52 AM   #56
Orion
Major Leagues

What's the tiebreaker for home field if the #2 and #3 seed have the same record? Run Diff?

Last edited by Orion; 02-16-2020 at 12:57 AM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:33 AM   #57
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
More Like "Fun" Fact #1: Huntley is currently 112-28. Huntley's fifth starter, 99 Rube Marquard, is 11-10. He's like the anti-1972 Steve Carlton.

Actual Fun Fact #2: As previously documented, Huntley is 5-11 versus the Gonzaga Bulldogs this year. The Red Raiders and Gonzaga have one more series left to play, a 3-game tilt in Huntley. And holy crap, here come the Bulldogs! This division race ain't over, folks!
a little run at the end wasn't enough to get the zags over the hump, and RR takes it by 3 games.

congrats on the division! playoffs should be interesting. looks pretty much like a 4 team show at this point, with huntley and bermuda triangle the favorites to meet for the crown. if i get through the wildcard, our series should be interesting. unfortunately, doubt i'll be able to monitor it in real time as i'll be at soccer with the kid tomorrow morning. we'll see. either way, best of luck.
zagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:49 AM   #58
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Welp, I worked my way into the second best record to this point in the AC in .423, and third best in the league, and I'm 11 games back in my division. 10.5 game lead in the wild card though. Gonna be funny if I get bounced in the wild card with the third best record in the league. And by funny I mean annoying.

So that's exactly what happened, minus the part where I get bounced in the wild card which is still TBD. Finished with my best record in 41 PL seasons (103-59, good for a tie as 3rd best in the league), tied for my best batting average (.273), best ERA (3.78, only second time under 4), most runs scored and fewest runs allowed. Scored the most runs with the most HRs and best OBP in the entire league. 4th fewest runs allowed in the conference. And yet, lost the division by 15 games (same lead I ended up having in the wild card over the first team out).
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:51 AM   #59
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
a little run at the end wasn't enough to get the zags over the hump, and RR takes it by 3 games.

congrats on the division! playoffs should be interesting. looks pretty much like a 4 team show at this point, with huntley and bermuda triangle the favorites to meet for the crown. if i get through the wildcard, our series should be interesting. unfortunately, doubt i'll be able to monitor it in real time as i'll be at soccer with the kid tomorrow morning. we'll see. either way, best of luck.
You too! Here's hoping the Wild Card goes your way.

Old 02-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #60
Izz
Hall Of Famer

So the 'Glou won their diamond league last week to get promoted back to perfect (they're about the definition of a four-A team) and somehow finished this season 87-75 to book a perfect league wildcard.

The Saigon Tritons took out our division by 35 games, going 122-40. The other big bopper on our side of the conference were the Aliquippa Quips, who went 120-42. Amazingly, our 87-75 was the 3rd best record in the conference (though we were 7 games above pythag...)

Here's a look at my roster in case anyone is interested:

Aparicio is my everyday SS. He logged 583PA for a very poor .226/.256/.289. Travis is playing 3B and Fregosi 2B, though I'm thinking of swapping out Fregosi for 84OVR Nellie Fox next season (bought for mission purposes this week), who'll provide better defense and probably about the same amount of offense, at least against RHP.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote