Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #421
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenTeddy View Post
What is the possibility that we could have some additional playoff rule options added? Right now there aren't many options between 8 team playoffs and 16 team playoffs, the only one I've seen is 12 team, 3 per div. I'd love to see the addition of a 10 team playoffs (bottom 2 teams of each conference play a series to get in), the CCHL (Central Canadian Hockey League) used a 10 team format for their playoffs in 2014/2015.
It'll be noted, but I'm not it'll get done. Most are based on current/past structure of playable leagues as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
if you're playing as gm+coach do the tactics/ingame tactics attributes do anything if you upgrade them?
Yes. It'll help players adapt and play their roles better.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:26 AM   #422
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

On the tactics screen there is Unit which is each line tactic but what is the difference between unit and global.. Like if I set everything for global and then I set something for say 1st and 4th lines will global be the same for all lines except for 1st and 4th line just trying to understand the difference?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #423
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
On the tactics screen there is Unit which is each line tactic but what is the difference between unit and global.. Like if I set everything for global and then I set something for say 1st and 4th lines will global be the same for all lines except for 1st and 4th line just trying to understand the difference?
Player > Unit > Global.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:54 AM   #424
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Player > Unit > Global.
what i mean adam... If Unit u can set the same tactic stuff as global but what is the difference... Lets say I set something in global but then i go into unit and change line 1 and say 4 does the pp sh and 2 and 3 use the same tactic settings as global or do i have to go and set all the unit settings to match global?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:15 AM   #425
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
what i mean adam... If Unit u can set the same tactic stuff as global but what is the difference... Lets say I set something in global but then i go into unit and change line 1 and say 4 does the pp sh and 2 and 3 use the same tactic settings as global or do i have to go and set all the unit settings to match global?
As I said, Unit will be given preference over Global. It will default to global unless you specifically change it.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #426
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Is there a way to see players who have retired since game start ?

Also is it me or can we not see all previous years draft selections, both for the league and your team ?

Last edited by KevT90; 01-20-2020 at 06:05 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:00 AM   #427
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Regarding the compliance buyout, I know that it will be offered somewhere before season four. Will we have other similar chances later on in long term games?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:07 AM   #428
G-Force
All Star Starter

Getting my custom league going...first four logos entered, uniforms changed to reflect new logo and colors with no problem. Fifth team the player images aren't updating with the new colors/jersey. Any idea why?

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #429
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
Getting my custom league going...first four logos entered, uniforms changed to reflect new logo and colors with no problem. Fifth team the player images aren't updating with the new colors/jersey. Any idea why?

GH
Close the game and go and delete all the player images from the save file. It'll auto-force a regeneration. You may also want to check and make sure there isn't multiple jerseys in the jersey file as well - just the ones you want.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #430
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajm0n View Post
On 40/60 icetime: 3:15 vs 0:13, 0:29 and 0:42 (2nd line got random times, but all much less than 1st line)
Changed to 10/90 icetime: ~6:00 vs ~1:00
Changed to 0/100 and game crashes on me when i hit 'sim game' button...

Looks like it doesnt work as intended, at least for me...
I had the same issues. No matter what split I put on the PPTOIs the first unit always gets around 75% of the ice time.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #431
ExeR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Takeaway numbers seem quite low compared to real examples. Even overpowered created players can't sniff anything close to Datsuk/Stone 5 per 60.
http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?agg...=0&pageSize=50
I tried every option, checked their profiles at the time they did it (created test players were better) and since Stone did it in 18/19 too it's not level of opposition affecting it. So is it counted differently or I missed something? Maybe it just spreads more evenly in engine?

#4BobbyOrr
Line matching and offensive/defensive zone priority might be screwing with it. It has to override lines/units because of PP/PK changes that force coach hands, so you can notice that defenders get playing time with lines they're not matched with even in low PIM games. Even if it's not the root of problem in your particular case, adjust line matching and priority as a rule of thumb.

Last edited by ExeR; 01-23-2020 at 10:12 AM.
ExeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #432
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have two quick questions :

- For how long does the compensation to a fired staff member stay on the books? I created Seattle on the first July 1rst. Fired the staff that was automatically hired because I figured I could take the compensation hit that year. Only, it was still there on my second July 1rst and now, on my third July 1rst, it's still there. I can't hire anymore scouts or assistant coaches because I'm too close to the limit. Is there a way to remove it or raise the staff budget on commish mode?

- What are the factors that go into choosing the finalists for Executive of the year and coach of the year NHL awards? I'm a GM/coach and have been both #1 in the NHL in regular season and Stanley Cup winner in my first two seasons. But I haven't been a finalist for either trophies.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:39 PM   #433
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Is there any way to make the All Star Game a traditional East vs. West format? I'm sure we can't do the 3 on 3 tourney, but a traditional All Star Game would be nice.
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #434
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerhusky1129 View Post
Is there any way to make the All Star Game a traditional East vs. West format? I'm sure we can't do the 3 on 3 tourney, but a traditional All Star Game would be nice.
Not right now, but we've got an ongoing project to add more options for the ASG, so it can be used with other league formats aside from the NHL.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #435
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
I have two quick questions :

- For how long does the compensation to a fired staff member stay on the books? I created Seattle on the first July 1rst. Fired the staff that was automatically hired because I figured I could take the compensation hit that year. Only, it was still there on my second July 1rst and now, on my third July 1rst, it's still there. I can't hire anymore scouts or assistant coaches because I'm too close to the limit. Is there a way to remove it or raise the staff budget on commish mode?

- What are the factors that go into choosing the finalists for Executive of the year and coach of the year NHL awards? I'm a GM/coach and have been both #1 in the NHL in regular season and Stanley Cup winner in my first two seasons. But I haven't been a finalist for either trophies.
Which message are you getting, exactly, when you try to hire new staff? The fired staff shouldn't be counting against your staff budget by the point you're at now.

The staff award criteria leans heavily towards single-season improvement. There's some consideration for overall performance, but if somebody dramatically improved their team from the previous year, they'll have a better shot at winning than someone on a team that did well, but does well every year.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #436
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Which message are you getting, exactly, when you try to hire new staff? The fired staff shouldn't be counting against your staff budget by the point you're at now.
When I try to hire, a box appears that says "Signing not possible. You can't afford to sign (enter name). His demand is too high". Here are two screenshot, if it helps. The first is my payroll and compensation (which hasn't changed since my first summer with the team). I have 61 thousand left. In the second screenshot, I tried to sign Curtis Joseph as a test. He's supposed to ask for 80 000$, as stated on the last line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The staff award criteria leans heavily towards single-season improvement. There's some consideration for overall performance, but if somebody dramatically improved their team from the previous year, they'll have a better shot at winning than someone on a team that did well, but does well every year.
Yeah, that's what I figured. And I think that's also often what happens IRL. For whatever it's worth, excellence should also be a factor in the mix, IMO. And being an active GM might be a good factor in the Executive award, also.

Last edited by Triactus; 01-23-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #437
daves
Hall Of Famer

Exhibition Mode:

Has it been updated to more than 2 teams?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #438
vitalius2009
Bat Boy

I found the weird issue with amateur draft in Historical mode.
If I start my career in 1974-75 season (I want to role-play Kansas City Scouts /Colorado Rockies franchise history ) , I will get totally empty amateur drafts in 1975 and 1976 years. So, the drafts are existed, but absolutely no players in this two years. In 1977 draft all returned and the draft passed as usual.
Also I tested this issue with starting in 1973-74 season and all is ok. The draft is normal in 74 and 75.
I think this issue is connected with some new rules in 1974 draft (under 18 years one-time select or something else).
Could someone please pay attention to this?
I play the latest version - 6.5.63 ...
vitalius2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:47 PM   #439
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalius2009 View Post
I found the weird issue with amateur draft in Historical mode.
If I start my career in 1974-75 season (I want to role-play Kansas City Scouts /Colorado Rockies franchise history ) , I will get totally empty amateur drafts in 1975 and 1976 years. So, the drafts are existed, but absolutely no players in this two years. In 1977 draft all returned and the draft passed as usual.
Also I tested this issue with starting in 1973-74 season and all is ok. The draft is normal in 74 and 75.
I think this issue is connected with some new rules in 1974 draft (under 18 years one-time select or something else).
Could someone please pay attention to this?
I play the latest version - 6.5.63 ...
Looks like it's not setting the starting free agents back to being draft-eligible if they're under the current draft age, which would populate those draft years properly from a 1974 start. We'll get that fixed.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #440
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Regarding the compliance buyout, I know that it will be offered somewhere before season four. Will we have other similar chances later on in long term games?
Anyone?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote