Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #341
Colorado
Major Leagues

Is it me or is it too tricky to see how much cap space there is remaining on the finance screen? The figure is determined by the teams' entire operating budget which is different from the salary cap.

What figure exactly do I need to be looking at? It's making it hard to plan spending in off season.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #342
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Is it me or is it too tricky to see how much cap space there is remaining on the finance screen? The figure is determined by the teams' entire operating budget which is different from the salary cap.

What figure exactly do I need to be looking at? It's making it hard to plan spending in off season.
That's because there's so much going into cap and team finances. Looking at Free Agent Center will give you a much better idea because it'll show you this year and next.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #343
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Check out the pinned thread just below this one.
Thank you for your help. I think I've found a tactic that works quite well for my team. Without studying the opponent's tactics before each game and then reacting. In the first season I just missed the playoffs, 17th place. Second season, 10th place, eliminated in the first playoff round. Third season 4th place, eliminated in the first playoff round. Season 4, 2nd place, 25 wins in a row, Stanley Cup Winner. The semi-final against St. Louise cost me 10 years of my life. 3-2 behind in winning games, then 2 away games ...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Monaldinio; 12-28-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Monaldinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:13 AM   #344
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
That's because there's so much going into cap and team finances. Looking at Free Agent Center will give you a much better idea because it'll show you this year and next.
I've tweeted the FHM account about this with some further details and some screenshots as it's messed my plans to strengthen the team and has been pretty frustrating.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #345
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I've tweeted the FHM account about this with some further details and some screenshots as it's messed my plans to strengthen the team and has been pretty frustrating.
Yes well, as I tweeted at you, you're looking at the worst possible time. When players are away from the team at say, the World Cup, they won't appear because they aren't apart of the team for that time. That's why they are designated with the International Symbol on the Roster Screen.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #346
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaldinio View Post
Thank you for your help. I think I've found a tactic that works quite well for my team. Without studying the opponent's tactics before each game and then reacting. In the first season I just missed the playoffs, 17th place. Second season, 10th place, eliminated in the first playoff round. Third season 4th place, eliminated in the first playoff round. Season 4, 2nd place, 25 wins in a row, Stanley Cup Winner. The semi-final against St. Louise cost me 10 years of my life. 3-2 behind in winning games, then 2 away games ...
Not sure why you changed it to Jeff, but fair enough .

Looks like you're doing alright now. But there's one thing I always like to point out - constantly flipping tactics isn't the way hockey is played. It's not like Football or even Baseball when you have a series of game and can make large adjustments. For the most part hockey is set your team to the best of their ability and hope it works. You can make some changes in terms of how you want the game to flow (say Speed, or more or less passing), but for the vast majority, teams recognize their strengths and weaknesses and deal with them as such. The season is too compressed to teach and train players multiple tactical systems which is why you don't see teams changing philosophy every game.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:59 PM   #347
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

Oh Adam B, it was your helping post! Sorry for my confusion. You deserve all my gratitude!

Last edited by Monaldinio; 12-28-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #348
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

As a German I translated football with soccer and was amazed. Because in soccer (our football) tactics will not changed from game to game. But you mean American football ...

Question: is it possible to manage a NHL team und a National team at the same time?

Last edited by Monaldinio; 12-28-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #349
_unforgiven
Bat Boy

Hi, i'm new in the FHM Universe.
so i wan't to start in the DEL2 in germany and i want the original teamnames, but in game there are not the right names. is there any chance for editing these names?
_unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #350
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
As a German I translated football with soccer and was amazed. Because in soccer (our football) tactics will not changed from game to game. But you mean American football ...

Question: is it possible to manage a NHL team und a National team at the same time?
Ah, yes sorry. I should have specified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _unforgiven View Post
Hi, i'm new in the FHM Universe.
so i wan't to start in the DEL2 in germany and i want the original teamnames, but in game there are not the right names. is there any chance for editing these names?
Read this thread.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #351
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

I have a big problem. I have two goalkeepers in my roster. One is injured so I put him on the injured list. I can't call up a goalkeeper of my farm teams to replace the injured one. And I can not play with just one goalkeeper.

Last edited by Monaldinio; 12-29-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #352
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I'm the GM of a team in DEL2 (2nd German division) and have a question about call-ups/send-downs. Whenever my partner club in the DEL sends down players to me the AI sends down players from my club to my farm team to make room for the DEL players. Is there any way to avoid that? In the options I set everything to manual but the AI still sends down players on its own in that case.

The annoying thing is that the AI always sends down my starting goalie and I have to call him back up again and send someone else down.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #353
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I have a big problem. I have two goalkeepers in my roster. One is injured so I put him on the injured list. I can't call up a goalkeeper of my farm teams to replace the injured one. And I can not play with just one goalkeeper.
You have to have 2 goalies on your roster. Why can't you call them up? Do you not have more than 2 goalies signed? Either way, you should always have at least 3. You should be able to either make them an offer and have them sign immediately and come up, or find someone in Free Agency and they will immediately sign as well.

Most teams will usually have at least 4 goalies under contract for this reason.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #354
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

Thank you again. I didn't have the idea of ​​hiring a goalkeeper from my farm team.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #355
pokervane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
What is the criteria in FHM6 for winning a hart trophy?

Boston (the top team in the league) just had Pastrnak put up 74 goals, 127 points. He was +55, was 14 pts and goals ahead of second place in each category and outscored his next highest scoring teammate by 51 points!

Meanwhile McDavid (95 points), Matthews (101 points) and Marner (72 points) got the nominations. The leafs and Oilers just barely squeaked into the playoffs. Last season McDavid won when he was like 10th in league scoring and the Oilers missed the playoffs when there were other guys who out scored him by 20 points.
Was this ever answered?
pokervane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #356
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I'm the GM of a team in DEL2 (2nd German division) and have a question about call-ups/send-downs. Whenever my partner club in the DEL sends down players to me the AI sends down players from my club to my farm team to make room for the DEL players. Is there any way to avoid that? In the options I set everything to manual but the AI still sends down players on its own in that case.

The annoying thing is that the AI always sends down my starting goalie and I have to call him back up again and send someone else down.
No easy way to avoid it other than setting it up as a multiplayer game and controlling the parent team with a second GM. It's one of the problems with playing as a farm team. We have some plans for changes to the way farm-parent and loan relationships work, but it was going to require a large amount of re-coding so it got pushed back from FHM6.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #357
vilski23
Bat Boy

So my game is in the 2022 summer and I noticed some odd stuff from the AI.

Jack Hughes signed 4-year deal worth 29 million on June 30th 2022 with the New Jersey Devils as expected. However on July 1st 2022 Devils bought him out and he became a free agent. He finally signed with the Providence Bruins on September 19th.

That's some odd stuff. He's not been phenomenal but 40 points in his second season, 52 points in his third one and he's only 21 years old and still developing.

Also I traded Carey Price to the Maple Leafs on June 23th 2022 for a third round pick, his contract was too big. Anyway, Maple leafs accepted the trade only to buy him out on July 1st. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Have anyone else noticed anything like this? Also I think some players retire a bit too early.

Don't know is this the right thread to put this in but couldn't find a better one.
vilski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #358
JeffR
FHM Producer

Were those compliance buyouts? I think there may be a bit of a disconnect between the regular roster AI and the system that handles those.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #359
vilski23
Bat Boy

Quote:
Were those compliance buyouts? I think there may be a bit of a disconnect between the regular roster AI and the system that handles those.
I don't think they were. Those happened after the one time offer to buy out a player without cap penalty.
vilski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:39 PM   #360
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izonli View Post
Are there any plans on bringing in stuff like retaining salary? Would be really nice if you are rebuilding a roster or shopping someone at the deadline.
Quote:
Yeah, [...]
Short term addition ? in an update to 6 or more like in a subsequent version ? Looking forward to this as well.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote