Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #21
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Pedro, Walter and Cy are on a different level... Maddux and Walsh can be good in the right team/park, personally I'd take Waddell, Ruffing and 99 Brown as the second tier.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Pedro, Walter and Cy are on a different level... Maddux and Walsh can be good in the right team/park, personally I'd take Waddell, Ruffing and 99 Brown as the second tier.
I would take Schilling over Brown. Rixey and Marquard are pretty even with Waddell.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #23
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Far from my Ace for any team, but I did get a perfect game out of a David Price yesterday.
I wasn't suggesting he would match up to anything but another gold/live player. It was meant as input from someone who is low of the totem pole as I just started playing PT about 2 weeks ago. My Iron league team just won its sub league series 4 games to 1 and now hoping to win the iron level series.

Pine tar
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #24
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I would take Schilling over Brown. Rixey and Marquard are pretty even with Waddell.
Schilling is up there for sure, and Rixey and Hoyt would also make my top 10, Hubbell has done much better than Marquard for me.... but nether would make a top 10, in my opinion anyhow.

The biggest disappointment to me were PEAK Randy and PEAK Clemens... I think they should be rated higher.

Old 12-03-2019, 12:38 PM   #25
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Where do you have Record Breaker Pedro? Smoltz?
Old 12-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #26
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Where do you have Record Breaker Pedro? Smoltz?
Both ~top 10, in my teams, they both start over Maddux, Walsh, Eppa and Hoyt, reason for this is that the first two require (as it's been said before) a specific defense and I use Hoyt and Eppa as relievers.

I also tend to favor stuff a bit more than your average player.

Old 12-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #27
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

C ya Maddux. Sold for 225K and I feel lucky to get that, after tax its a 40K loss in two weeks lol. His value is crashing. Hopefully can find a lou gehrig to get whoever that absurdly over-statted yankees SE pitcher is.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #28
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
C ya Maddux. Sold for 225K and I feel lucky to get that, after tax its a 40K loss in two weeks lol. His value is crashing. Hopefully can find a lou gehrig to get whoever that absurdly over-statted yankees SE pitcher is.

If you hated Maddux, chances are you're going to love Ruffling...

Old 12-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #29
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Got him, I'm going to break my usual "no changes midseason" rule and see what he can do!
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #30
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
And the price of Schilling just went up again!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #31
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The biggest disappointment to me were PEAK Randy and PEAK Clemens... I think they should be rated higher.
Add Maddux and you basically have my rotation.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #32
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

My formula is pretty elementary but here's my top 10. I have weights assigned to each "make up" category and individual pitches...I favor Stuff and Movement the most....the top 5 are my rotation, below the black line is the start of the others.

PEAK Pedro is far and away the best card. Young and W. Johnson are pretty much even for the #2 spot.
Attached Images

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #33
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

How about Verlander, 98? Nah, just kidding. He is absolutely one of the worst pitchers I've had, diamond or better. In fact, he really performs the way I'd expect from a silver or lower level. Anyone else have this kind of results? I've tried so many times with him, and he's just awful.
Attached Images
Old 12-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #34
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willat0660 View Post
How about Verlander, 98? Nah, just kidding. He is absolutely one of the worst pitchers I've had, diamond or better. In fact, he really performs the way I'd expect from a silver or lower level. Anyone else have this kind of results? I've tried so many times with him, and he's just awful.
Verlander is a great example of the game valuing movement more than the overall rating system does.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #35
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Just as a FYI, but my spreadsheet shows the new Doc Gooden (Mets collection) as being a clear #4 (behind peak Pedro, Young, and Big Train) but clearly above any other pitcher (pretty close to Cy and Walter too).

Right handed SPs dominate my list with all nine of the top pitchers being righties.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:40 AM   #36
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

This is good info. It means I don't need to chase 100 Maddux as the upgrade from 95 Maddux won't do much

My 100 Smoltz has consistent sub-4.00 eras on my Braves theme team, where defense is suspect.

I just picked up 100 Soroka, so we'll see how he does.

So next up on the Braves upgrade list is a 100 Aaron and a 100 Kimbrel, so only about 100k in pp to come up with.

My 100 Johan Santana has fared well on the Teatotallers, which is a a suppressed HR setup to favor con/gap/def. The twins/senators missions weren't too hard to complete either.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #37
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Also, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a "tier" list of cards like many other online games like this that are "gacha" oriented. Too many settings and cards I guess.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #38
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
This is good info. It means I don't need to chase 100 Maddux as the upgrade from 95 Maddux won't do much

My 100 Smoltz has consistent sub-4.00 eras on my Braves theme team, where defense is suspect.

I just picked up 100 Soroka, so we'll see how he does.

So next up on the Braves upgrade list is a 100 Aaron and a 100 Kimbrel, so only about 100k in pp to come up with.

My 100 Johan Santana has fared well on the Teatotallers, which is a a suppressed HR setup to favor con/gap/def. The twins/senators missions weren't too hard to complete either.
Maddux has a 2.66 FIP over 3000+ IP for me. All in Perfect

Ballpark has been at minimum neutral but mainly hitter slanted. WHIP is 1.09...so higher than avg on my team. (I am going to attempt to use 7 day lineups for for bit and see if i can put a better defence in for his games.)
Defence has only been slightly above average for most of the innings.
Only other note I would make is that he has had catchers with high CA rating. 90+.

Last edited by macacks; 12-17-2019 at 12:38 PM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #39
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
Also, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a "tier" list of cards like many other online games like this that are "gacha" oriented. Too many settings and cards I guess.
This game is in serious denial about the fact that it is a gacha oriented game. It does no favors for collectors.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #40
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Who is the consensus best LH in PT?

Waddell
Johnson (Peak)
Grove
Hubbell
Koufax
Newhouser (Added)

Thoughts...or Data anyone?

Last edited by macacks; 12-18-2019 at 10:09 AM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote