Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #81
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
- There should be a way to blank slate your team to start from scratch. I've currently got a mess of default teams that aren't what I want and the tournaments go off before I can fix the team!

- On that note, there should be a way to create a team outside of the pressure of a queue or scheduled start. Let us select Tournament > Bronze or lower and then have an environment similar to the tournament roster to create our team and save to file.

Agree with both points. I wish there was a way to make everyone "inactive". Right now, you have to do each player individually which takes up time.

OOTP21

OOTP20

getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #82
skep
Minors (Double A)

It is important that the scheduled daily/weekly/monthly tournaments run on time regardless of the # of players signed up. You bumped the Daily Super Cap a day forward. I and the other 20 something players signed up wanted to play that tournament and it should have gone off with the prizes announced even though it came in well under cap.

Once you put up a scheduled tournament, the start time and prizes are sacrosanct and should never be altered.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #83
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
It is important that the scheduled daily/weekly/monthly tournaments run on time regardless of the # of players signed up. You bumped the Daily Super Cap a day forward. I and the other 20 something players signed up wanted to play that tournament and it should have gone off with the prizes announced even though it came in well under cap.

Once you put up a scheduled tournament, the start time and prizes are sacrosanct and should never be altered.
Alternatively, and this should be easier to do, the daily (or weekly) tournament should just go off as soon as it is full --- i.e. the engine treats it as a quick tournament once the time is up.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #84
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I just don’t think there are enough people using this feature to support it. Many of these tournaments never fill up.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #85
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't like either of those ideas. Turning them into an overlay hunt is awful and it is probably impossible within the program to run them like that anyway.

Going off early is bad since there are lots of players who aren't logged in all day, so they sign up for scheduled tournaments knowing that they will start and run at a time they can check in.

To me the best solution is that once the start time passes and it isn't full to only extend it an hour each time. Don't schedule a new one of the same format until it runs. Tournament formats that don't fill need to be killed off.

Daily tournaments that fill up very fast are simply an indication that the format is popular and can support a bigger size, so going forward they should increase the capacity (The Daily Silvers should be 128 instead of 64 for this reason).
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:36 AM   #86
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Another possible solution for consideration might be to somehow make it so that any delayed tournament no longer counts against a player's cap of 3.

I do agree that a 24 hour RolEx is a bit extreme and leads to decreased interest in that tournament format.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 PM   #87
skep
Minors (Double A)

I really cannot emphasize enough that scheduled tournaments must run on time regardless of # of players. That is the 2nd day in a row you've pushed back the Daily Super Cap. If you keep doing this, it will just never run. Having a scheduled tournament that doesn't run is far worse than not having it at all on the schedule. That doesn't mean cancel it, that means grow it. Have it run with announced prizes regardless of # of entrants and the field will slowly grow.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:24 AM   #88
Litty
Minors (Double A)

I have also experienced a lot of the same problems people have raised here. Obviously, I want to try my hand at the big ticket item tournaments but after joining them, I get stuck in a purgatory as the tournaments never fill.

I know the main build has been out less than a week but I think the level of interest in tournaments at this point in the OOTP20 life cycle has been grossly over-estimated. In my mind, there need to be less active tournaments and the big ticket tournaments (the dailies/weeklies etc.) need to run when scheduled instead of being pushed back and back and back in the hopes of a rise in engagement numbers.

Because let's be honest, you can't call it a Daily tournament if it isn't running Daily.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #89
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

They definitely need to cut down a bunch of the offerings, but it's not a bad strategy for the first week to offer up a lot of stuff and see what's popular.

Silver has two 64-man Dailies that will fill over 8 hours before start. The quick Bo7 32s fire off every hour it seems. There is interest, just concentrated in certain places, and those places are not "1955 settings historical only" or caps or other janky formats. Most people want to be able to build a roster and then enter it into the same thing over and over in order to see whats working out and make small tweaks, not have to build something new every time. Everyone knows baseball playoffs are a complete crapshoot, you can learn nothing from one tournament but play it a few dozen times and you have something to build on. That's why formats need to be much more streamlined and save the special ones for something big like the Perfect Pedro event.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-21-2019 at 11:39 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #90
skep
Minors (Double A)

You just bumped the Wednesday Super Silver NoDH (that didn't run on Wednesday) all the way to next Wednesday. There were 65 players. Just RUN IT with 65 players! Then next week set the cap to 64.

Your daily tournaments MUST run daily. Your weekly tournaments MUST run weekly.

Please listen to me, I have over a decade in poker tournaments, Hearthstone, Magic, fantasy sports, etc. I understand how tournament ecosystems work. I understand how to use critical mass to your advantage.

You have wayyyyy too many formats.

Open Queues - Cut everything except a single 32-player queue with no restrictions. Open means open.

Open Dailies - Cut everything except 4 64-player dailies (one each 6 hours) with no restrictions.

Open Weeklies - One tournament a day with 64-player cap building towards 128-player cap. Use this for all your varying formats, a different format each day.

Bronze Queues - Cut everything except a single 32-player queue with no restrictions beyond being bronze.

Bronze Dailies - Same as open, 4 a day.

Bronze Weeklies - Same as open, 1 a day with differing formats.

Do the same for Silver, Gold and Diamond as Open and Bronze.

Cap Queues - Cut everything except a 32-player queue for each cap level.

Cap Dailies - Same as open, 4 a day, you can either do 2 each of 65/per and 75/per or one each of 60/65/70/75.

Cap Weeklies - Same as open, one a day with varying formats.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:41 AM   #91
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I resist this proposal merely for the fact that invariably more than 75% of the action would take place when I'm either asleep or at work - as it might be for many players. Having several quick offerings of different size and length other than dailies is absolutely required. The current orgy of 8-team, 3-game tournaments is not what I have in mind, though.

I will agree that bumping weekly tournaments to the next week is a no-go. They won't fill up by then, either.

I will also restate by earlier suggestion to allow people to enter fixed-time tournaments with more than one team per licence if the tournament is within a certain period of starting (maybe an hour, maybe more, maybe less) but still lacks entrants.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #92
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Besides agreeing with Skep about everything he's saying for the reasons he's saying them, I noticed today that you flattened out the prizes for the tournaments and I feel that's a big mistake. There was this fun psychological thing going on where a player noticed that you win 4 packs for winning a bronze tournament, 5 for silver, and I assume 6 for gold (I didn't check, I was grinding at bronze, and 7 for diamond.) It's more expensive to compete in the higher categories so it felt like you were working for something at those lower tournaments so you can someday compete in the higher tournaments. By flattening the rewards you've taken away the growth factor of the tournaments.

It is more expensive to compete at those higher levels. It felt like a reward if you could put together a team to compete at silver as opposed to bronze, and I assume it feels even better once you can compete at gold. You also flattened out those weird side tournaments that used to reward 3 as opposed to 2 for those 16 team no-live tournaments, which made sense to me, because those are also more expensive to compete at than the pure silver tournaments. Just like gold is more expensive to compete at than silver and silver more expensive to compete at than bronze, their rewards should be just a bit higher. Maybe you're worried about the rich getting richer, but man, as one of the poor, I don't mind. Reward those people who are investing their time and/or money and/or brain power. So please, bring back the growth for tournament rewards.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #93
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by malichai11 View Post
Besides agreeing with Skep about everything he's saying for the reasons he's saying them, I noticed today that you flattened out the prizes for the tournaments and I feel that's a big mistake. There was this fun psychological thing going on where a player noticed that you win 4 packs for winning a bronze tournament, 5 for silver, and I assume 6 for gold (I didn't check, I was grinding at bronze, and 7 for diamond.) It's more expensive to compete in the higher categories so it felt like you were working for something at those lower tournaments so you can someday compete in the higher tournaments. By flattening the rewards you've taken away the growth factor of the tournaments.

It is more expensive to compete at those higher levels. It felt like a reward if you could put together a team to compete at silver as opposed to bronze, and I assume it feels even better once you can compete at gold. You also flattened out those weird side tournaments that used to reward 3 as opposed to 2 for those 16 team no-live tournaments, which made sense to me, because those are also more expensive to compete at than the pure silver tournaments. Just like gold is more expensive to compete at than silver and silver more expensive to compete at than bronze, their rewards should be just a bit higher. Maybe you're worried about the rich getting richer, but man, as one of the poor, I don't mind. Reward those people who are investing their time and/or money and/or brain power. So please, bring back the growth for tournament rewards.
Game economies, and teambuilders, are about progression. That has to be an emphasis in the reward structure. I think it's a no-brainer to apply that philosophy here, and I certainly hope they get that message for the next tournament adjustment.

Also everything skep said is absolutely on the nose, and the devs have to understand that they don't have the playerbase for a hundred different formats. And if your big weekly tourney doesn't fill, pushing it back a week is about the worst possible solution. I would even take "tourney's cancelled, here's the new reward for next week" over just rescheduling it a week later.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #94
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
And if your big weekly tourney doesn't fill, pushing it back a week is about the worst possible solution. I would even take "tourney's cancelled, here's the new reward for next week" over just rescheduling it a week later.
You could always conclude that your cost/benefit was wonky, double the reward, and run it again. Repeat until players notice: "hey, good reewards for holding a dead tourney slot for a week!"

I think their cost/benefits are incredibly wonky at this point.

Were they offended that the little people were doing well?
Old 12-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #95
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd like to note that despite this post somewhere saying that you can't have two teams in one tournament, I've done that several times. My teams have never ended up playing each other so far, however.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #96
biggerme
Minors (Single A)

Would still appreciate change in Daily/Weekly/Monthly tournaments, as of current it's just not worth the wait from rewards perspective, using up one slot for days to get up to 15 RPk schmaybe in a single tournament. Odds are just not good at all for that to happen. Quick Tournaments are faster and better in rewards perspective, and the best still is 16 team ones with Bo5 and 2 RPk. Odds of reaching a reward are way better overall, simple calculation of time used is 5x5x10minutes = max 250 minutes. 32 team tourney is respectively then 6x7x10 and so on.

It would be better to to have everyone opportunity to join only once either Daily/Weekly/Monthly, if some format is more popular it will be used more often and it will also be clear which is not so interesting.

BLOG
twitch : ootn00b

biggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:00 AM   #97
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

I have always stated the best way to get more peopme involved in non quick tournaments is still using a 3 tournament max but have some of your tournaments non count towards the 3. for example,

1 Monthly
1 Weekly
1 Daily
do not count towards your 3. if you want to be in 2 Daily tournaments, the 1st one doesnt count towards the 3, but the second one does.

you could have tournament "slots" like Monthly, Weekly, Daily, Misc. if your Monthly/Weekly/Daily is full the tournament falls into Misc.

also, is there a way to make monthly tournaments "special" like we have the SE cards, and "special" tournaments do not count towards the total 3?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #98
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I'd like to note that despite this post somewhere saying that you can't have two teams in one tournament, I've done that several times. My teams have never ended up playing each other so far, however.
Nope. You must be using a second license
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:31 AM   #99
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Process question: When you sign up for a tourney and you go to set lineups and it automatically loads a presaved roster, do you still need to hit submit team if you don't want to change anything or can you exit without it? On a similar note, if you already have a presaved roster do you even have to click on set rosters, or will it be automatically uploaded simply because you entered tournament? Have not tried either of these options yet, because I was afraid I would be playing without a roster in place.

Tigers only

Featuring stars from the 60s, 70s, & 80s
Cobbiusto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:13 AM   #100
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Haven't seen if this has been discussed or not...wtf is up with the strikeouts?

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote