Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #221
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

A question for people who know the NHL better than I do (not much haha), on July 1st when second season start, is it possible to add Seattle with the expansion wizard? How does it work? I guess I have to recreate the schedule to accomodate the extra team.
Any explanation will be useful.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #222
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
A question for people who know the NHL better than I do (not much haha), on July 1st when second season start, is it possible to add Seattle with the expansion wizard? How does it work? I guess I have to recreate the schedule to accomodate the extra team.
Any explanation will be useful.
I added Seattle without problem. July 1st, add team via editing league structure, generate draft, generate schedule. Good to go.

The latest patch fixed the schedule problem. It's still not ideal but certainly usable.

Can't speak on using the wizard though, sorry.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 11-11-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #223
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No way to do either right now, but both should be doable - the sorting one may be a little more complicated, but adding the shortlist option to the player Action Menu dropdown shouldn't be.
Adding a player to the shortlist directly from his profile would be very useful, hopefully that can be added.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:40 AM   #224
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I have another question about the NHL and the NCAA. With the Devils I have this guy Reilly Walsh, he plays NCAA hockey - that is I guess I can't get my hands on him until he finishes studying. However, AFAIK, guys study for 4 years in America, yet he's under contract with Harvard for another four years, and is already at his third year.
What's the deal?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #225
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Why can't I return my Junior eligible players to their Junior team? (From NHL team)

Their Jr team still have their rights but I can't send them back, only possible to send them to farm team.
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #226
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I have another question about the NHL and the NCAA. With the Devils I have this guy Reilly Walsh, he plays NCAA hockey - that is I guess I can't get my hands on him until he finishes studying. However, AFAIK, guys study for 4 years in America, yet he's under contract with Harvard for another four years, and is already at his third year.
What's the deal?
Don't worry about how long his contract appears. He can only play five years, but if you don't have him signed prior to your five, he'll likely walk as a free agent. You can make offers every summer on college players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
Their Jr team still have their rights but I can't send them back, only possible to send them to farm team.
Who is the player, and when was the save made? (For that matter, what year is it?) I know we had an issue earlier but I think it was resolved in the latest update.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #227
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I have a question about scouts: If I have a scout whose region is Eastern US for example and I tell him to scout the NHL ... will he scout NHL games all over the US and Canada or just NHL games that take place in Eastern US?

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #228
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Don't worry about how long his contract appears. He can only play five years, but if you don't have him signed prior to your five, he'll likely walk as a free agent. You can make offers every summer on college players.

Who is the player, and when was the save made? (For that matter, what year is it?) I know we had an issue earlier but I think it was resolved in the latest update.
The player is Arthur Kaliyev in season 2021-22
He's 20 yr playing LA Kings in my game and Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL) still have his right. Can't send him back. (Is it suppose to be available only in pre-season?)

Other thing, same subject; it seems that Junior teams let go rights of young players too soon when they reach NHL.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #229
cmdrsam3
Bat Boy

I plan on getting this Thursday. So as I am trying to get mentally prepped some questions come to mind. Now I am more of a baseball football kind of guy. Have tried a few hockey games in the past. I go back to Hockey Simulators 1 and two. But really don't have a lot of expierence with hockey games. Anyways lets get the questions going.

1. How many Coaches can I have? What should I be looking for as far as attributes are concerned.

2. How many scouts can I have?

3. Just kind of curious what everybody does on their first day before you hit the next day button.
cmdrsam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #230
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I have a question about scouts: If I have a scout whose region is Eastern US for example and I tell him to scout the NHL ... will he scout NHL games all over the US and Canada or just NHL games that take place in Eastern US?
If a persons color is GREEN for something, it means they'll do the best in that area. It doesn't mean they can't scout others, they'll just be less efficient at it.

Quote:
The player is Arthur Kaliyev in season 2021-22
He's 20 yr playing LA Kings in my game and Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL) still have his right. Can't send him back. (Is it suppose to be available only in pre-season?)

Other thing, same subject; it seems that Junior teams let go rights of young players too soon when they reach NHL.
What we have here is a misunderstanding I think. CHL Players (and especially draft picks) rarely play their 20th (and overage) year in the CHL - which is where you have Kaliyev right now. If a pick is signed, they will 99/100 end up on the AHL team when they are 20. Is there some exceptions? Sure. But not many. A player will stay if they aren't signed to a contract, but the team may still drop him if they value someone else, or you could lose your rights to him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsam3 View Post
I plan on getting this Thursday. So as I am trying to get mentally prepped some questions come to mind. Now I am more of a baseball football kind of guy. Have tried a few hockey games in the past. I go back to Hockey Simulators 1 and two. But really don't have a lot of expierence with hockey games. Anyways lets get the questions going.

1. How many Coaches can I have? What should I be looking for as far as attributes are concerned.

2. How many scouts can I have?

3. Just kind of curious what everybody does on their first day before you hit the next day button.

1. You can have as many coaches as you want, but In reality, you just need them to fill the positions. It's pretty clear if you look at the Staff page what they need to be good at as well, and you can search for just Assistants and use the drop down box to filter for coaching stats. Guy who are Excellent or Very Good are probably the guys you want to hire.

2. As many as you want/can afford! It's important to cover a variety of leagues and regions to get good reads on players.

3. Staffing. Scouting. Free Agents. Unless you start July 1st and want to do an expansion.

Last edited by Adam B; 11-13-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #231
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Farm team

Can you add another affiliation in a current saved game?
Ex. I would like an ECHL affilliation.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #232
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Can you add another affiliation in a current saved game?
Ex. I would like an ECHL affilliation.
As long as your not in Challenge Mode, you can edit and add a team to a league on July 1st. I'm not sure off the top of my head if any ECHL teams are unaffiliated right now, but there may be one you can do right now.

To add affiliates, It's Team > Edit > Farm Team 1/Farm Team 2
Old 11-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #233
quadruple_play
Bat Boy

Lock Player to Position

Is there a way to lock a player who is proficient at C and LW to LW while playing as a GM?
quadruple_play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #234
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadruple_play View Post
Is there a way to lock a player who is proficient at C and LW to LW while playing as a GM?
Controlling Players in the lineup is not a job of the GM. If you'd like that control, you need to play as GM/HC.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #235
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadruple_play View Post
To my knowledge, there isn't a way to lock a player to his position, just to a line.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #236
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
High Intelligence and Adaptability will speed it up. And playing him regularly will also help.
I have to ask again, mostly because I'm curious. The player in question just doesn't learn english. He is now 6 seasons into the NHL and playing regular shifts on the Kings 1st and 2nd lines.

I edited his adaptability and intelligence (it wasn't a pretty sight) but nothing happens.

Anyway, even if you are the dumbest player in the league, six seasons should be enough to learn at least basic skills in english, don't you agree? Lex Esa Tikkanen.
Chicken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #237
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Swede View Post
I have to ask again, mostly because I'm curious. The player in question just doesn't learn english. He is now 6 seasons into the NHL and playing regular shifts on the Kings 1st and 2nd lines.

I edited his adaptability and intelligence (it wasn't a pretty sight) but nothing happens.

Anyway, even if you are the dumbest player in the league, six seasons should be enough to learn at least basic skills in english, don't you agree? Lex Esa Tikkanen.
Can you upload the save and let me know which player it is? We should have a look at that to see if something's not working correctly with his language adaptation.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #238
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

With control farm teams selected for both my affiliates, it stops me when their lineups/rosters have issues, but when I go to FA center to sign someone for either my AHL or ECHL team, it shows all of their financial info in the bottom left of the screen, but as soon as I click "offer contract", it tries to offer them a 1 year, 700k deal from the NHL team. Any way to fix this?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #239
Scottababc
Minors (Single A)

Does the Olympics have NHL players in it or is that disabled?
Scottababc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #240
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottababc View Post
Does the Olympics have NHL players in it or is that disabled?
No NHL players.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote