Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Exclamation FHM6 Update, Version 6.3.53, Now Available

The second post-release update for FHM6, version 6.3.53, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the FastSpring version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC (FastSpring):
Main server: PC Installer Fastspring

Download link for Mac (FastSpring):
Main Server: Mac Installer Fastspring

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

As we did last year, now that we've dealt with the most serious bugs and the smaller ones that were simplest to fix, we'll now take a slightly longer amount of time, probably a month or so, before the next update (barring any major issues that need a hotfix before then.) That'll give us a little more time to work on some things that need a longer timeframe for coding and testing. Originally, we'd planned the first "content" update that would add some significant new features to be the pre-Christmas one, but given the state of the game at the moment we think we may be able to move a few smaller things we'd planned for that into the late November update instead. One (new colour coding for the roster screen) actually made it into this one.

Regarding the issue with drag-and-drop and photo import features we've had to disable on the Fastspring version: as noted previously, we have an idea where the problems are occurring. However, our attempts at getting some help from the third-party vendor whose software we believe to be the source of the issues have not, unfortunately, been productive yet. We're going to continue to press them for some kind of solution; however, since we're going to have a little more time before the next update, we'll be able to try some alternative solutions from our side as well.

The database has had many fixes and revisions, but the rosters are not updated with post-opening night moves yet. The first "Current Roster" quickstart will likely come in the next update.

Changes:

Gameplay:
-adjusted schedule generator to better balance the schedule when adding a single expansion team to a league
-faceoffs will now be located properly when a penalty that results in a power play occurs (i.e. in the defensive zone)
-added option to disable suspensions (File-Setup/Options-Game Settings-Other Options)
-toned down the skill levels of some of the better historical teams in the early-mid 80's
-fixed problem that was causing some team budgets, particularly in Europe, to get large adjustments upwards unnecessarily
-fixed issue with some players not being marked properly as requiring NHL entry-level contracts
-the Tipsport Extraliga preplayoffs no longer take a week to start after the end of the regular season (causing issues later in the playoffs where the finals overlap with the World Championships)
-fixed problem with some players who should be covered by the NHL-CHL agreement not getting the option to be returned to junior
-when an empty-net goal is scored in the in-game view, the goal is no longer shown as being scored on the player who assisted on it
-preseason lineups for the AI will now use tryout players much more frequently
-teams added to historical games via the structure editor's Add Team option (not Add Hist Team) no longer getting the NHL logo as their logo
-expansion teams in custom games will now use pre-generated logos when one matches their name
-custom games now default to having the Percentage of Talent from Stats set to 0 - having no stats history available for every player was depressing the ratings to the point where reaching the cap floor in the initial draft was very difficult. If you wish to use the Stats-to-Talent feature in custom games, we suggest only re-enabling it after 1-2 seasons have been completed.
-lowered requirements for goalies to qualify for the GAA and Save% leaders on the team/league history screens (so they'll now appear faster for a new league)
-the sounds folder (\sounds\background_sounds in the individual quickstarts) can now be modded by adding additional sounds in the same naming format (e.g. hit_post1.wav and hit_post2.wav are default files, to add a third variation name it hit_post3.wav); game will choose randomly from up to 10 of these sounds in a category
-if you start a game employed by an NHL team, when the game begins in September all players in most of the other playable leagues no longer have their fitness at 1%
-NHL-Europe loans are now available for all European players on entry-level NHL contracts (who don't have a junior preference of major junior or college), instead of only under-20 players
-in custom games that mix a non-modern NHL top league with the CHL-format junior league, drafted players contracted to teams in the QMJHL and WHL should now be signable for the top-level league
-the list of UFA's in the Free Agency Preview news item now includes only significant free agents (relative ability at least 2.5 and/or potential at least 3.5) instead of literally every free agent for the league
-adjusted storyline that could cause early retirement for young prospects to only affect mid-tier prospects instead of top ones; also changed news announcements so it will be triggered for both the contracted team and current team (if they're different)
-added NHL uniform number history to modern database (there appears to be a problem with Montreal's numbers not importing properly, we'll have to fix that in a later update)

User Interface:
-the passing sliders on the Tactics-Units screen now work properly in the in-game view
-new text colour-coding on the roster screen:
Quote:
-GR/OGR/DGR: >75 Blue, 70-74 Cyan, 65-69 Green, 60-64 Yellow, 50-59 Orange, <50 Red
-LVL: E Red, D Orange, C Yellow, B Green, A Blue
-Salary/Cap Hit: compared to league standard salaries for bad/average/good/top players: -Injury Status: (use displayed injury status, not days remaining) Indefinite = Red, value in Months = Orange, value in weeks = Yellow, Day to Day = Green, Uninjured = Blue
-Body Region/Tendency: use same colours as in injuries tendencies box in player profile
-the "Read All Messages" button now removes the red "messages waiting" icon from the mailbox icon at the top of the screen (previously only disappeared if all messages were clicked open)
-the Champions League standings page is no longer blank when opened from the league menus of several leagues that participate in it (EBEL, BXL, Metal Ligaen, SLM, Get-Ligaen, PHL, Tipsport Liga - the rest were working properly)
-the unsigned draftees list no longer omits some players that should qualify for it
-fixed location of the playoff cutoff line in the standings view for fictional leagues with only 6 teams making the playoffs
-the playoff cutoff line on the standings screen for the Chance Liga and Polska Hokej Liga league are now in the correct spot
-added a playoff cutoff line in the Tipsport Extraliga standings between 10 and 11, in addition to the relegation one between 13 and 14
-the points milestone news item will no longer include an error message if the milestone was reached during a tie game
-clicking on a date for an international game in the player-game-by-game tab no longer crashes the game
-the national data players tab is now counts all players with that nation as their first, second, or third nationality when calculating the total number of players for that country
-the "Active Personnel" filter in the Staff search filter now correctly excludes retired personnel
-fixed naming error in Kansas City Scouts logo that was preventing it from appearing
-opening a staff member's screen from the Team-History-Staff Index screen no longer results in the team history menu bar staying in place, instead of switching to the Profile/Career Stats/Edit options you'd normally get on the staff screen
-S% column (shooting percentage) in the Stats:Summary view of the roster screen now sorts properly
-if a team's away jersey colour is white (i.e. usually in most leagues), the puck location marker (the circle on the small rink graphic) will now be their primary colour instead, so it's no longer nearly invisible
-filter buttons on the players and staff tabs of the National Data screens now work properly
-fixed several issues with cut-off text and other small UI problems
-various small typos and text errors fixed

Bug Fixes:
-the entry draft order message will no longer appear when another team is added to the NHL at the start of a game
-away team colours will no longer be reloaded incorrectly when loading a save after editing them
-when a team finishes the season with a winning streak, he'll no they continued to get the +5 happiness bonus for a 5-game winning streak every time they won in the playoffs
-fixed small chance of user being hired as coach (not GM) while autoplaying while unemployed
-fixed issue with the way Physical Preference data for staff was being translated from the database into the game
-corrected data error that was preventing several pre-set suspensions (e.g. Evander Kane) from working
-player talent/potential filter should no longer include a few players above the maximum value
-the Ability rating on the lines screen's dressed list should now match the ability shown elsewhere for all players
-if the user starts the game unemployed as General Manager/Head Coach and accepts one of the 3 job offers at the start of the game, that team's head coach no longer remains in place
-fixed potential crash when free agents are listed on the player search screen

Last edited by JeffR; 11-05-2019 at 11:07 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

No fix for the colour selector on Team setup page?

Still get logos turning grey, and cannot type in code either.

Was so much easier when you could select from the logo.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
GMO123
Major Leagues

The colour coding for roster GR, OGR, DGR are great.
(GR/OGR/DGR: >75 Blue, 70-74 Cyan, 65-69 Green, 60-64 Yellow, 50-59 Orange, <50 Red).

Please add the GR colour-coding for the GR while actually playing a game/match.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but has the issue with player drag and drop in the lines setup screen been fixed? It works with checking the box and clicking on the line spot, but it's no much faster with the drag and drop.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

I did not notice this in the patch details, but is the ability to erase all history in a current game (not custom or historical) now available. Thanks.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, but has the issue with player drag and drop in the lines setup screen been fixed? It works with checking the box and clicking on the line spot, but it's no much faster with the drag and drop.
It's in the Notes, It's the Paragraph right before CHANGES.

Quote:
Regarding the issue with drag-and-drop and photo import features we've had to disable on the Fastspring version: as noted previously, we have an idea where the problems are occurring. However, our attempts at getting some help from the third-party vendor whose software we believe to be the source of the issues have not, unfortunately, been productive yet. We're going to continue to press them for some kind of solution; however, since we're going to have a little more time before the next update, we'll be able to try some alternative solutions from our side as well.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #7
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
It's in the Notes, It's the Paragraph right before CHANGES.
D'oh! Didn't see it. Thanks for the reply!
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
No fix for the colour selector on Team setup page?

Still get logos turning grey, and cannot type in code either.

Was so much easier when you could select from the logo.
It was a necessary change to prevent the problem where the colour selector would get stuck permanently. We looked at adding the logo to the selector box itself somehow, but that would've been complicated. I think what we may need to do is just repeat the logo in the edit screen itself (i.e. the lower part that doesn't get greyscaled) so you can have the full-colour version there.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It was a necessary change to prevent the problem where the colour selector would get stuck permanently. We looked at adding the logo to the selector box itself somehow, but that would've been complicated. I think what we may need to do is just repeat the logo in the edit screen itself (i.e. the lower part that doesn't get greyscaled) so you can have the full-colour version there.
But shouldn't we be able to type in the colour code we want? The box for it is there in the pop up window. In its current set up, it is not possible to type in the box.

Thanks for the reply, and a special thanks for fixing the 32 team schedule
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #10
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I'd been wondering about that as well, had no idea that's why it got disabled. It does make things extra complicated for setting team colours based off the logo when you can't use the logo. But hopefully something can be done for it.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
But shouldn't we be able to type in the colour code we want? The box for it is there in the pop up window. In its current set up, it is not possible to type in the box.

Thanks for the reply, and a special thanks for fixing the 32 team schedule
Yeah, the manual entry colour code thing has been broken for a while, I'll see if we can get that fixed for next time.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #12
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Some special characters still don't work with facegens, most have been fixed for FHM 5 already but some are still not recognized, examples include:
Rodrigo Ābols and Ondřej Kaše
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

We'll check those. The Ā doesn't surprise me, it's pretty rare, but I thought we'd fixed all the Czech/Slovak ones.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:04 AM   #14
mseliquini@comcast.net
Bat Boy

Crashing

Quote:
We'll check those. The Ā doesn't surprise me, it's pretty rare, but I thought we'd fixed all the Czech/Slovak ones.
Plus it keeps crashing, I can't save files with the new update and I can't upload to my online league! Lame!
mseliquini@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseliquini@comcast.net View Post
Plus it keeps crashing, I can't save files with the new update and I can't upload to my online league! Lame!
When exactly is it crashing? And what happens when you try to save?
Old 11-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #16
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

I can't seem to update my version. I downloaded the file but still show version 53 and not 54.

FYI: This is for the PC Fast Spring version.

Last edited by Steven547; 11-04-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #17
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Something you may want to look into, is if I go to discuss a trade to see what they'll possibly accept, but then offer the exact trade the AI was offering it rejects that trade. It's silly that if I offer exactly what they were that they would reject.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #18
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Something you may want to look into, is if I go to discuss a trade to see what they'll possibly accept, but then offer the exact trade the AI was offering it rejects that trade. It's silly that if I offer exactly what they were that they would reject.
Was that way in previous versions too. I always figured that the concept behind that was you pissed off the opposing team GM who offered the trade, so now they don't want to do the original offer.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #19
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmuth View Post
Was that way in previous versions too. I always figured that the concept behind that was you pissed off the opposing team GM who offered the trade, so now they don't want to do the original offer.
But I never offered any other trade, just added and subtracted while looking at what my assistant was saying about how likely it was they'd accept the deal. The only trade I offered was the original trade offer from them.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #20
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Tried to download it again and the version in my game still says build 53.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote