Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #181
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

As far as the Freaks if you end up against them in the WS...I don't know. But good luck.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #182
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels continue their undefeated postseason, sweeping the Stars. Phil Rizzuto hit .643 and was named MVP of the series. Our next opponent is yet to be determined, so we have a nice break coming.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #183
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Finals, Baby +1000

The Frogs didn't want to screw around and let the sub-league series go back to Parish's offense-palooza ballpark. So the Frogs dispatched Parish 5-3 in G5 for the series win. It was a bit scary as Parish scored a run in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings, but ultimately the 6-time PL champ came up a bit short. The Lily Pad and its minimized HR factors did La Crosse a world of good, as they took the middle 3 games at home: 5-2, 5-3, 5-3. My 100 Ed Walsh outdueled Parish's 100 Schilling twice in the series.

On the other side of the bracket, Virginia Beach has a 3-2 lead over the plucky, but probably seriously overmatched, Anafranil Yawners. The Yawners won 89 games and have LIVE Corey Kluber going in G6 so I'm pretty sure it'll be a showdown between the Frogs and the Freaks. The Freaks will be a heavy favorite with their +634 RDiff this season.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #184
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Anafranil Yawners. Another pretty good name.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #185
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P408: So It's Come to This...

The Huntley Red Raiders will face the Singapore Sluggers for the P408 title!

I talk a lot of trash about Singapore on this board. I actually don't dislike Singapore; I very much respect the Sluggers and the success the team has had in Perfect Team 2.0. It's just that, for always having my "League Placement Setting" at Random, I've seen an awful lot of Singapore over the years.

For example, in 2029, fresh off my first Perfect League title, Huntley was placed in the same league and same division as Singapore. Huntley had a nice season, winning 95 games to earn the right to host the Wild Card. The Red Raiders also finished a cool 36 (!!) games behind Singapore, with an unfathomable head-to-head record of 0-19 against the Sluggers. "Sadly," Huntley lost the Wild Card game, avoiding the specter of an 0-22 record of futility against the Sluggers. (Singapore, incidentally, won the Perfect League Series.)

Then, in 2030, the very next season, Huntley was "randomly" placed in the same league and the same division as Singapore again! The Red Raiders showed great improvement, winning 102 games and only finishing 24 games behind Singapore. Once again, Huntley lost the Wild Card game, avoiding a presumably humiliating postseason loss against the Sluggers. (Shockingly, Singapore lost the Division Series 3-2 to the Seattle Tempest.)

Jump ahead to 2038, and Huntley was placed in the same conference, although not the same division, as Singapore. Huntley won 118 games but finished 6 games (improvement!) behind Singapore for the #1 playoff seed. Huntley was taken out in the Division Series by the Auburn Doubledays, yet again losing prior to a potential playoff matchup with Singapore. (Singapore defeated Auburn in the Sub-League Series but was upset by the Winnipeg WormBurners in the Perfect League Series, 4-2.)

Next, in 2042, Singapore and Huntley were placed in the same league but, for the first time, different conferences. Singapore won 126 and Huntley won 120 as they both claimed the #1 playoff seed in their conferences, but a Perfect League Series clash was not to be, as Huntley was stunningly swept by Towers of the Dub in the Division Series. (Singapore won the Perfect League Series over the Dub, 4-2.)

And so, here we are in 2044, Huntley versus Singapore--amazingly, the first playoff matchup between the two, thanks to Huntley losing early in the playoffs every other time the teams shared a league. And I think I figured out why Singapore bugs me so much--up until this season, their mere presence meant Huntley was going down earlier than expected in the playoffs.

See, sometimes it helps to talk through a problem to truly understand it.

In any case, wish the Red Raiders luck...we are certainly going to need it!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #186
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Good luck!
Old 09-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #187
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[snipped]

See, sometimes it helps to talk through a problem to truly understand it.

Good luck!!

Nice story, by the way. But that 0-19 record that one season... Wow! That's unbelievably unlucky!

Last edited by old timer; 09-22-2019 at 07:14 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #188
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

That's quite the history between Huntley and Singapore (or not so much between as adjacent). Best of luck!

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #189
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Micromanagement for the win! Well, that's what I'm telling myself at least. We defeated Hammertime in the LCS 4-2. In the final game, it was going to be Keefe vs Gooden who kept beating us so I decided to start Seaver from the bullpen instead of Keefe and went to an elite defense lineup hoping we could shut down their powerful offense and it worked! We won 3-0 allowing only 4 hits. Seaver got help from Hubbell who's been great out of the pen this year, like Seaver has been in many past seasons.

So it's on to the WS!! We'll face either Coffeyville 120 W, but no perfect titles or 117 W Spokane with 5 perfect titles. We didn't play the Coffeyville Golden Tornado this year, but we did take 2 of 3 from the RipTide. Should be a good one!

Last edited by old timer; 09-22-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #190
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I gave up on the Mud Hens after seeing them go down 2-0 in the division round. They kept losing in the division round year after year. Apparently, their only foray into perfect was so traumatic, they just didn't try as hard once they made it to the post-season.

But they surprised me and won the next 3 games to advance to the LCS. Next, they swept the LCS and are making a rare WS appearance. Come on guys, win a title, just once!

I've got some PP saved up, so I'll go rip some packs (I quit using the AH for this team) and see if I can get lucky. That's never happened yet, but who knows?

Edit: Well, I did get a 97 historical diamond, but it's only worth 31k. Still, I only spent 12k PP to get it so I can hopefully sell it and earn a profit for a change.

Last edited by old timer; 09-22-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #191
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

It's a Frogs vs Freaks type of world right now in P424.

As expected, the AC-champ and 4-time PL champ Freaks pushed past the Yawners in 6 games to join the NC-champ and 1-time PL champ Frogs in the PL series.

The PL series has started with a bang for the Frogs as they took G1 at Virginia Beach's place in a commanding 9-0 fashion behind yet another Ed Walsh gem. Virginia Beach's Tim Keefe, who had an active 11-game winning streak, was rocked for 7 runs in 1.1 IP. Keefe's short start has the virtue of burning up their bullpen as well. The Frogs' PEAK Chipper Jones continues to do work, going 3/5 with a HR, 2B, and 3 RBI.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #192
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
It's a Frogs vs Freaks type of world right now in P424.

As expected, the AC-champ and 4-time PL champ Freaks pushed past the Yawners in 6 games to join the NC-champ and 1-time PL champ Frogs in the PL series.

The PL series has started with a bang for the Frogs as they took G1 at Virginia Beach's place in a commanding 9-0 fashion behind yet another Ed Walsh gem. Virginia Beach's Tim Keefe, who had an active 11-game winning streak, was rocked for 7 runs in 1.1 IP. Keefe's short start has the virtue of burning up their bullpen as well. The Frogs' PEAK Chipper Jones continues to do work, going 3/5 with a HR, 2B, and 3 RBI.
I hope I don't jinx you in any way, but you really are one of the absolute best managers in the entire Perfect Team universe. Good luck in the rest of your series!

Old 09-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #193
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I hope I don't jinx you in any way, but you really are one of the absolute best managers in the entire Perfect Team universe. Good luck in the rest of your series!

Yeah, I agree. Even before he had a good team, he had a good team. And although I joked about it being magic, obviously he's doing something right because his success was beyond what luck could account for.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #194
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Game 1: The Red Raiders looked out over Singapore's home field. Finally, the matchup that had been teased for years was happening. And Huntley was ready. Against the gauntlet of Perfect Walter Johnson, Perfect Dennis Eckersley, and Perfect Mariano Rivera, the Red Raiders laced the ball all over the yard, piling up 14 base hits, led by 3 apiece for Mickey Mantle and Carl Yastrzemski...

...and somehow only scored 2 runs, losing 5-2.

Game 2: Not to be deterred, Huntley stared down the next gauntlet of Perfect Greg Maddux, Perfect Trevor Hoffman, and Perfect Carl Hubbell and scorched them for 18 hits, led by 3 hits apiece for Mantle, Yaz, and Ken Griffey Jr...

...and, fortunately for their manager's heart, scored 12 runs and won, 12-5.

Game 3 in 6 minutes...

Old 09-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #195
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Our next opponent is yet to be determined, so we have a nice break coming.
I have been waiting for three hours, but I was rewarded with home field advantage. The underdog Monterey Bay Irukandji (from now to be called MB) defeated the 132-win Spearfish, so the Colonels will host games 1 and 2. MB used their #1 perfect Young and #2 perfect Johnson to get here, so we will open the series with perfect Young against their #4 SE Vida Blue.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #196
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Game 3: Hosting a Perfect League Series game in Huntley against the Singapore Sluggers...folks, it does not get any better than this. Especially when Rube Marquard, who started Huntley's opening playoff game in the Division Series but was then relegated to the bullpen for the Sub-League Series, celebrates his return to the playoff rotation by holding the Sluggers to 1 run in 6 innings, and Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle take Perfect Curt Schilling deep, to lead Huntley to a 5-1 win and a 2-1 series advantage.

Game 4: They don't call it the Cy Young Award for nothing. Perfect Cy shuts down the red-hot Huntley offense, holding the Red Raiders to a mere 5 hits and 1 run over 8 innings. Ted Williams backs the sterling 102-pitch effort with a 2-run homer off Don Sutton, and the Sluggers even the series at 2 with a 4-1 win.

Game 5: Huntley's 99 Walter Johnson vs Singapore's 100 Walter Johnson. Winning 2 in a row at Singapore would be an incredibly tall task, so this is basically a must-win for the Red Raiders...

Old 09-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #197
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Well...that could have gone better.

Sinapore
W. Johnson 9.0 8 2 2 0 7 1 105 71

Huntley
W. Johnson 4.2 6 6 5 4 7 0 104 65

Unless Huntley can win back-to-back games in Singapore, it will be Perfect League championship #9 for the Sluggers...

Old 09-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #198
Magus978
All Star Starter

Blitzkrieg Boppers are one win away from their second diamond league title, leading the Motor City Togers 3 games to 1. A review of the games so far...

Game 1 - Boppers 4, Togers 2
W - Feller, L - J. Morris, SV - McGraw

Game 2 - Togers 7, Boppers 1
W - Newhouser, L - Newhouser, POTG - Newhouser

Game 3 - Boppers 2, Togers 0
W - Schilling, L - Scherzer, SV - McGraw

Game 4 - Boppers 4, Togers 3 (10 innings)
W - McGraw, L - W. Hernandez, SV - Jenkins

Game 5 - Togers 7, Boppers 1
W - Verlander, L - Feller

Schilling in game 6. No more effing around. This. Ends. NOW.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-22-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #199
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Sinapore
W. Johnson 9.0 8 2 2 0 7 1 105 71

Huntley
W. Johnson 4.2 6 6 5 4 7 0 104 65

Unless Huntley can win back-to-back games in Singapore, it will be Perfect League championship #9 for the Sluggers...
Good luck against those Singapore Sluggers. If you win two, great.
If you don't, sing the Singapore Blues.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #200
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Are the Frogs gonna win PL title #2? Or will it be the second time the Frogs have been a win away and not completed the deal? Stay tuned...

Two chances to win 1 game. Both on the road. And Ed Walsh is out of the picture after firing a shutout in G5.
Attached Images