Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #5141
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Smoke and mirrors baby. It will catch up to us.
Our entire division is weird. I may have been trying to sell a couple people during the collections mission so the defenders weren't as strong as I'd like, and I tried out a quasi opener but he flopped. Went back to my regular team but with a reinforcement in the form of Perfect Johan! Saw we fought back to .500 last night which is impressive given I was 15 below at one point. Will be an interesting finish to the end of the season.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #5142
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
The bizarre season of the Green Lake Cowboys continues, leading the AC West division by 4 games. We are more games above .500 (+16) than we have in positive run differential (+13). But I guess that pales in comparison to the Palolo Puppies, who are 74-59 with a -27 run differential!
Yeah, tell me about it. Meanwhile, in the same division, my Southpaws and Caspers (holders of the best record in the NC and AC last year) have +99 and +114 run differential and -7 and -6 diff between their win/loss rate and their pythagorean win/loss. It is quite possible that neither team will make the playoffs. And the bunnies are also +48 in run differential in NC West and are unlikely to make playoffs (though their real record is only 2 games behind their pythagorean record).

This could be the first time in a long time that none of my teams make the playoffs!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #5143
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
Our entire division is weird. I may have been trying to sell a couple people during the collections mission so the defenders weren't as strong as I'd like, and I tried out a quasi opener but he flopped. Went back to my regular team but with a reinforcement in the form of Perfect Johan! Saw we fought back to .500 last night which is impressive given I was 15 below at one point. Will be an interesting finish to the end of the season.
I have been upgrading Motown as fast as possible but I am hampered right now by the lack of the specific players I need. I think (finally) Motown is going to stay in Perfect (as opposed to the up and down bouncing we have been doing the past few years between Perfect and Diamond).
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:11 PM   #5144
osborneman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I dunno, NFTP/OL hybrid perfect is insane. I thought being thrown into whale hell with my $ team (that is finally going to be relegated this week) was bad enough, but when my Boppers got Blitzkrieg'd in OL Perfect, that was torture.
I was only in non-NFTP/OL perfect for 5 seasons, but my impression is it's just a much wider spread of teams. There are a ton of teams to beat up on that are weaker then the NFTP/OL league perfect teams, but there are always a few whales to win 100 games/season and win the title. So if you're trying to avoid relegation, it's better to be outside the NFTP/OL league. But if you want to get through the playoffs without meeting an uber-whale, obviously this is the only place.

Go Giants!
osborneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #5145
adion
All Star Starter

Live mlb 2019 cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Anyone interested in playing Perfect Team 20 our way?

We are a group of PT fans who enjoy playing the same way.

We play for free.

The ONLY PP we use is the PP that is earned from achievements in our games and from selling off any baseball cards that we don't want; we don't buy additional PP to use.

We choose to play and NOT use any baseball cards that are of players from the 2019 Live , 2019 All-Star, Future Legend, or 2019 POTM (Player of the Month) cards sets.

That means we only use players that can be found on the following cards:

One-Hit Wonder
Rookie Sensation
All-Time Legend
Historical All-Star
Record-Breaker
Unsung Heroes
Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Eligible Card Sets: One Hit Wonder, Legend, Record Breaker, Negro League Stars, All Star (Non 2019), Special Edition, Hardware Heroes
***Special Edition***Not Eligible Card Sets for OL Play: MLB 2019, MLB 2019 All-Stars, & MLB 2019 POTM

If you are interested in playing the way we play, and you agree to not buy any additional PP, and only use players from the card sets listed above, let us know as we'd like for you to join our "Group of Friends".

Also, even if you only play era specific players, you are more than welcome to join up.

For example, if you enjoy playing with all pre 1980 players, or all pre WWII players, then you will easily fit into our "Group of Friends".

Just let us know.

Thanks in Advance,

Bottom of the Sixth

Always current "Our Friends" Roster:

Our Friends Roster
It is my understanding that live 2019 cards are not to used in this league yet there are teams using these cards. Are those teams that don't have a real manager?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #5146
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
It is my understanding that live 2019 cards are not to used in this league yet there are teams using these cards. Are those teams that don't have a real manager?
Most likely teams that aren't part of Our League. I don't believe we have enough teams at any level to fill all 30 positions. The OL title is decided based on winning percentage vs other our league teams.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #5147
Charlatan
All Star Starter

OL teams should not be using live cards. But if you’re speaking of FTP teams in Perfect, they may use any cards they wish since they are not league members. The Perfect league is a mix of OL and FTP teams that share a similar mindset. Think of the FTP teams as “friends of OL.”
Old 09-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #5148
Edster007
All Star Starter

Gold update

Not looking good for the OL to control many playoff positions. Currently the three teams holding playoff spots are going to be about it.
Attached Images
Old 09-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #5149
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
OL teams should not be using live cards. But if you’re speaking of FTP teams in Perfect, they may use any cards they wish since they are not league members. The Perfect league is a mix of OL and FTP teams that share a similar mindset. Think of the FTP teams as “friends of OL.”
How do you tell which ones are FTP teams. I just look at one of the teams with live 2019 players and don't see a FTP designation.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:18 PM   #5150
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
small bright spot in an otherwise dark and gloomy year in Waffletown....

Mort Cooper pitches a no hitter (1 walk away from perfection) against Clyde in OL play
You're welcome. The Truckers have been driving on 18 flat tires, dead last in most offensive categories (and a few defensive ones as well.) Currently sporting a -134 run differential, they have managed to stay away from relegation and are +10 from the Pyt.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #5151
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do you tell which ones are FTP teams. I just look at one of the teams with live 2019 players and don't see a FTP designation.
If you're in the Perfect tier, every team should either be an OL member or near FTP (if not officially OL, they aren't limited to non-live)

in Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond levels, there aren't enough OL teams obviously to fill all 30 slots, so the rest of the teams are a pot-luck pull of random teams.... so anything goes for their squads, but they aren't counted in the "official" OL win/loss that you'll see posted in this thread
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:35 AM   #5152
Magus978
All Star Starter

Steelport will have a chance to win promotion to diamond on Sunday, having secured the #2 seed in their conference. They also added 96 Trevor Hoffman in packs late this evening. The Saints now boast a near perfect-caliber pitching staff to go along with their occasionally problematic hitting.

As for the Nico-Nico Kneecappers, their poor 2nd half form relegates them to WC2 status after leading their division most of the season. Team mascot Nico Yazawa, the world's #1 super idol, came into the locker room after game #162 and insisted that everyone do her Nico-Nico Nii pose. Nobody did, and after Jeff Kent bonked her in the nose, Nico bravely ran away.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-22-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #5153
Edster007
All Star Starter

Gold Final

Nico-Nico (2-4) limped to the finish line to take the OL crown. Corinth (7-6) remained in second and San Pedro off a 9-4 final day took third.

In PT play Daytona Beach and Nico-Nico locked down wild card spots in their respective leagues while Corinth was a division winner. Otherwise only two other OL teams finished over .500 this week. No team will be relegated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #5154
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Melaka Sails Home With Silver in Tow

The Armada continued their plunder of Frankenthal, taking 5-of-7 from the Retros in their only OL327 games to capture their third crown. Salem continued its hot streak, going 8-1, and spoiling the crown hopes for other contenders. Terra Incognita slumped badly early on, going 3-7, making the sweep of their final five OL games only sufficient to give them second place. Southside also finished strong, posting a final month of 8-2, which bolstered their charge into the playoffs in that other league.

Speaking of which, at least two, and perhaps three, will be headed to gold. None will be relegated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #5155
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Armada Adds Another Crown Level

To go with their iron and bronze. Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #5156
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Kneecappers Second Season Yields First Crown

Being presented with Nico-Nico's first crown was not enough to turn her frown upside down. Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #5157
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Will be away most of the day

Lots of chores today, so crowning may be delayed for some leagues. By the way, I'm wondering if the mess that was OL gold has any teams that were in leagues with other OL teams. Appreciate if anyone who can will scan and report the games, if that's the case. Will try to check on the universe screen in PT after this post. Good luck to all today.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #5158
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

No other OL gold games

After a quick scan of the universe, all the OL teams that were left out are flying solo, and doing rather well. Steelport was reported above by Magus Steinbrenner. The Las Vegas Gamblers are in the wild card in G366. The Northborough Algonquin won their division in G312. Sad Hill won their division in G333, but they don't have an "- OL," so they may have left, and I'm too lazy to check back in the thread.

As always, if there is any level that can't get together their standings, please send me screen shots of the team vs. team to kidheckett@gmail.com.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #5159
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
OL teams are supposed to have an "OL" designation at the end of their long team name, and a "+" at the end of their short team name. So a team would look like this:

Annandale Atom Smashers - OL
ANN+

It's be great if you did this for your team. This helps the people compiling schedules and standings - makes it much easier to pick out the OL teams in the jumble.

However... it's not a hard and fast rule though, so some teams don't do this for aesthetic reasons (I suspect this will be a real rule next year ... ).

The official list of OL teams is maintained at this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BNFnWty3o/edit. I have added you to the spreadsheet. You are blue in the spreadsheet because you're not in OL this season. That will go away next season.

No team listed in the friends list should be playing live players(it's fine if they're on the reserve roster they just cannot play in any game) - if a team is playing prohibited cards let us know, because those games should not count for OL standings and would need to be expurged from the record.

I assume you will be in Perfect next year. If this assumption is correct please post here as soon as possible.

For Perfect league placement: Later on today, OMGPuppies will post in this thread a complete friends list for the Perfect league, which contains the league participants for next year. You should edit your friends list to only contain the other 29 people in the league. If everyone in Perfect updates this way, then only the OL and FTP teams will be in the league.

Be sure your league placement is set to "Use Friends List." I like to pick that value, submit my team, log out, then log back in to verify the setting is just as I intended (never hurts to be sure!).

Make these changes as early as you can today, that way when the leagues are reformed tomorrow morning, the Perfect league will be all set.

If you have more questions or if any of this is unclear, please let me know.

Last edited by Charlatan; 09-22-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #5160
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D377 Update

They're No Fly By Night Team: Hampton Roads Rush Win Another Diamond Crown

Hampton Roads played steady ball in September while the competition wilted. Consistency was the key and it served them well as they won yet another Diamond OL crown.

Non OL Playoff News
  • Transylvania plays Harlem in an AC Division series.
  • Annandale plays the wildcard winner in the NC
  • Pablo plays in the other Division series
  • Hampton Roads is in the NC wildcard game.

We have one guaranteed promotion to Perfect, and three possible (this could turn into two guaranteed if Hampton Roads wins their wildcard game).

No team will be relegated from Diamond.
Attached Images
Image Image Image