Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:05 PM   #21
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Surprised with all my searching for a good tennis sim that I've never heard of Tennis Elbow.

Also WMMA deserves a spot on the list, or they should have extended the list to 8 to give it space. WMMA5 is fantastic.

Also highly underrated if you're looking for a fun career sim is Wolverine Studios' Total Pro Golf.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #22
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

FM kinda deserves being at #1. But for people who like fictional stuff, and costumization, I have to say OOTP is the greatest!
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #23
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Just wanted to add to the kudos for Motorsport Racing. I've got over a 1000 hours into that one and am still playing (literally just now before I came here lol). And I knew absolutely nothing of F1 racing (though I did follow Nascar Racing quite a bit... wish there was a GOOD management sim of that one).

There is an early access game that looks like it will give MM a run for it's money though called Open Wheel Manager (I think, IIRC). In fact, it looks like it borrowed a lot from MM.
Attached Images

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 07-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #24
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
FM kinda deserves being at #1. But for people who like fictional stuff, and costumization, I have to say OOTP is the greatest!
I do have to say Tennis Elbow Manager is a pretty good game, especially if you are a fan of Tennis. I do not know if I would put it ahead of OOTP, but I very much might put it third. Of course I might not even put FM ahead of OOTP. i understand why it might be 1, and there are even things in FM I would love to see incorporated in OOTP, but my favorite Sport's management game is definitely OOTP.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:15 AM   #25
redmoss2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This article isn't listing them in 'best order', it's a mis-use of numbering.
redmoss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:50 AM   #26
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

I haven't played any others, probably because I don't like the respective sports. If any of the other titles aren't as customizable as OOTP is, they can't hold a candle to it in all honesty.

Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #27
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw3000 View Post
I do have to say Tennis Elbow Manager is a pretty good game, especially if you are a fan of Tennis. I do not know if I would put it ahead of OOTP, but I very much might put it third. Of course I might not even put FM ahead of OOTP. i understand why it might be 1, and there are even things in FM I would love to see incorporated in OOTP, but my favorite Sport's management game is definitely OOTP.

So I bought it based on your recommendation here... and it is a really good game! Thank you for turning me on to it.

There is an early access (Steam) of Tennis Elbow 2 but I never buy Early Access games though I will keep my eye out for it if/when it releases.

Do you know what Tennis Elbow 2013 is? Is that updated version of Tennis Elbow or is Tennis Elbow an updated version of TE 2013? Or are they different games?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #28
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw3000 View Post
FM is a completely different animal. You can't compare Lions with a Turtle!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #29
Matty86
Major Leagues

I'm tempted to try out the esports game, although it looks like a different style management game than the others on the list.

FM and OOTP will always be my top 2.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:30 PM   #30
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post

Do you know what Tennis Elbow 2013 is? Is that updated version of Tennis Elbow or is Tennis Elbow an updated version of TE 2013? Or are they different games?
Tennis Elbow 2013 is where you actually control the players and play out matches. It has RPG like mechanics and a fantastic tennis engine. The graphics are plain, but hook up an Xbox Controller and you will have the best tennis game made IMO.

Tennis Elbow Manager uses that tennis match engine but you are the coach with a stable of players you train and enter into tournaments.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #31
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Sports management games are like heroin for me. They combine two things I love in sports and strategy in a way that is just too addicting. Even Motorsport Manager got its hooks in me for a month and I've never watched racing.

All told I have 1,500+ hours in Football Manager (mostly FM14), but can't see myself going back to that series. Started with OOTP18 last year and now have 300+ hours in OOTP20. I think with historical games and now Perfect Team, OOTP is a step ahead of Football Manager at the moment. FM has just added a bunch of stuff that slows the simulation down.
The sim is sooooooo slow I can't do it.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:40 AM   #32
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I love tennis and baseball. Only 2 sports I really care about.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:15 PM   #33
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Tennis Elbow 2013 is where you actually control the players and play out matches. It has RPG like mechanics and a fantastic tennis engine. The graphics are plain, but hook up an Xbox Controller and you will have the best tennis game made IMO.

Tennis Elbow Manager uses that tennis match engine but you are the coach with a stable of players you train and enter into tournaments.
I don't even like tennis, but Tennis Elbow 2013 is fantastic! Reminds me of the old NES days.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #34
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

oh my, a differing opinion about the greatness of ootp...

that's only aimed at end-users and no one associated with making ootp. the makers aren't irrational and haughty about it. Also, not necessarily about the OP, but more about where the conversation went and reasoning.

There's like '5' of these games that are decent. it's kinda hard to rank them when only 1 or 2+ exists per sport at best that's worth mentioning. this is a fringe portion of the market. no matter how much any of us enjoy any of these particular games in this style doesn't change the fact that it isn't very popular in the grand scheme, so arguing about popularity or rating at the lower percentiles is a bit pointless. a smaller sample of opinions will increase craziness seen.

even though i enjoy ootp, i thought it was a total farce that this cult got it rated #1 game of the year not long ago. -- i'll be honest, i never looked into it. if it was #1 sports management game, sure... if it was #1 sports game or anything more general than that, no way was that rational.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-27-2019 at 11:50 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #35
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Ah, Motorsport Manager has taken over my life the past month or so that I'm starting to feel like I'm cheating on OOTP lol.

OOTP is definitely better than MM though in my opinion, commissioner mode doesn't exist in MM and it really needs to
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #36
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to this thread for introducing me to MM...just picked it up on Steam at 75% off ($8.74). all DLC is on sale as well.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #37
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
So I bought it based on your recommendation here... and it is a really good game! Thank you for turning me on to it.

There is an early access (Steam) of Tennis Elbow 2 but I never buy Early Access games though I will keep my eye out for it if/when it releases.

Tennis Elbow 2013 is more arcade oriented, but is probably the best tennis game of that type I have played. you do not manage players like you can in Tennis Elbow manager, but it is a very deep game for that type of game. You can play a bunch of different surfaces, doubles and singles, male and female. The Match Engine in Tennis Elbow 2013 and Tennis Manager 2 are the same.

If you do a search for MannaGames, they have a free demo you can download for Tennis Elbow 2013 if you want to try it first.

Last edited by jeffw3000; 07-30-2019 at 04:41 PM.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:00 PM   #38
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
Thanks to this thread for introducing me to MM...just picked it up on Steam at 75% off ($8.74). all DLC is on sale as well.
You will not be disappointed. It is a fanatic management sim.

Truth will is, there are many great management sims out there. Starters Orders is a great Horse Racing management sim.

Only a few sports lack a great PC management sim. American football, boxing, MMA and most notably basketball.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #39
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
You will not be disappointed. It is a fanatic management sim.

Truth will is, there are many great management sims out there. Starters Orders is a great Horse Racing management sim.

Only a few sports lack a great PC management sim. American football, boxing, MMA and most notably basketball.
I disagree, Greydog's WMMA5 is fantastic imo. I could see the angle though of considering it more of an MMA world simulator than a management sim as the financial management angle gets to be easy if you can run PPVs (especially since you can limit your size growth so you can take time to build up fighters' name recognition before increasing your company's barometer for acceptable main events).
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #40
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
I disagree, Greydog's WMMA5 is fantastic imo. I could see the angle though of considering it more of an MMA world simulator than a management sim as the financial management angle gets to be easy if you can run PPVs (especially since you can limit your size growth so you can take time to build up fighters' name recognition before increasing your company's barometer for acceptable main events).
Do you book who wins in that game as you do in TEW?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote