Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #2861
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Philadelphia Patriots and Wheatland Jets are not in the standings. Sorry for not bringing this up sooner, but my son is getting married this Saturday, and he and his fiance are taking a very hands on approach to a somewhat unusual, but delightful, celebration, so I have not been following things as carefully as usual. It has been a real help not to have compiling chores this week.
Shat, should have checked the google file before I compile the result. I can re-compile but I am only able do that a few hours later from when I posted this. So...stay tune, I guess.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #2862
Edster007
All Star Starter

Just spent some time in the AH looking at what I can do to improve my San Pedro team. The first three seasons they won 90 and two times lost in a 163rd game and failed to qualify for the playoffs. I have a budget where I can maybe afford 3 players, 4 depending on cost of the first 3. The places I am finding upgrades in my price range are not in positions I put a priority on searching. I was fortunate with other team it had a whole week in Entry and since I went with a theme I got a Gehrig card in one of my starter packs that brought the team a bounty of points. While I wasn't Stienbrenner like with the points with the Knights but the consideration didn't nearly seem to be as in depth. This is my first taste of needing to be really methodical in approach. Only playing historical where there are trades, drafts and free agents to fix your mistakes they don't exist here and I got to say it makes this much more interesting.

So since I have done nothing so far this morning I decided to do Marketing. The team has dropped the "s" and is now the San Pedro Cerrano and we have changed our logo. Jobu was not bringing us luck and bats still scared.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #2863
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Just spent some time in the AH looking at what I can do to improve my San Pedro team. The first three seasons they won 90 and two times lost in a 163rd game and failed to qualify for the playoffs. I have a budget where I can maybe afford 3 players, 4 depending on cost of the first 3. The places I am finding upgrades in my price range are not in positions I put a priority on searching. I was fortunate with other team it had a whole week in Entry and since I went with a theme I got a Gehrig card in one of my starter packs that brought the team a bounty of points. While I wasn't Stienbrenner like with the points with the Knights but the consideration didn't nearly seem to be as in depth. This is my first taste of needing to be really methodical in approach. Only playing historical where there are trades, drafts and free agents to fix your mistakes they don't exist here and I got to say it makes this much more interesting.

So since I have done nothing so far this morning I decided to do Marketing. The team has dropped the "s" and is now the San Pedro Cerrano and we have changed our logo. Jobu was not bringing us luck and bats still scared.
I have your solution.

Hats for bats.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #2864
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold playoff update:

Waffletown defeats Indianapolis 6-1 in the wild card game, with Ted Lyons going the distance. The Syrups move on to the LDS to face top ranked Harlem. The winner of that series will not only move on to the LCS but also achieve promotion to Diamond level; so two OL teams will be moving up a tier.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #2865
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192

Mudville beat Arkham 8-7 in 13 innings to advance and will begin a best of five vs. Hampton Roads.

Mudville put up a three spot in the ninth to tie the game and send it to extra innings
Old 06-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #2866
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Shat, should have checked the google file before I compile the result. I can re-compile but I am only able do that a few hours later from when I posted this. So...stay tune, I guess.
It's hard when they don't have "OL" next to their names.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #2867
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league playoff update:

Transylvania and Shasta go to extra innings, with the Impalers emerging victorious 4-3 in 10 innings. Transylvania moves on to face Annandale in the LDS.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 12:10 PM   #2868
Edster007
All Star Starter

In Iron 192

Stephensville fell in 10 innings to Las Vegas 3-2

The LDS are set

In the AC
Hampton Roads vs Mudville
New Zealand vs. Richland

In the NC
Boogie vs Las Vegas
New York vs. Pablo

Good luck to all, except maybe Las Vegas
Old 06-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #2869
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I have your solution.

Hats for bats.
Good idea and not as messy as sacrificing a chicken
Old 06-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #2870
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I'd rather not tempt fate and have to face this guy a 4th time this season (as that would mean its probably the deciding game 5 of the LDS), but for whatever reason, Waffletown has had Walter Johnson's number this year. The Syrups take the opening game of the LDS 2-0 with a shared shutout victory over Johnson and the Hatchets. A fantastic performance from Lefty Gomez with support from Hugh Casey and Wilcy Moore give Waffletown a 1-0 lead in the series.

This season (including game 1 of the LDS), Waffletown has faced Johnson three times. Johnson has gone 0-2 (with one no-decision game) with 17.2 IP, 14 hits, 7 runs/earned, 6 BB, 14K and an un-Johnson-like 3.66 era.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #2871
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Good idea and not as messy as sacrificing a chicken
You forgot the cigar and the rum.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #2872
joehart
All Star Starter

Findest, have you settled on Logo yet?
I noticed you still used the default on your Entry league team.
Congrats on climbing the ladder....keep up the winning!!!

Make sure to update your friends list and set to “use friends” (At the minimum be-friend the Crusaders and Redmond Birds so we can pull you into Iron league).

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #2873
Magus978
All Star Starter

New York about to get swept in the divisional round...again.
1980's can't compete with Tacoma.
Mets even up with Pablo. Not confident about my chances in games 3 and 4.

Looking like I can go back to sleep in a little bit.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #2874
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Looks like we are headed to an OL World Series in Iron .192!

Arkham was eliminated, but New Zealand is actually going to the League Championship...oh...wait...that means we have to get promoted...darn....

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #2875
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Request

I am baking bread today for taste testing by the pending newly weds, so I won't be around a lot. I would ask that folks please post screen shots of the play-off trees so I can add any play-off games to the all time records. Thanks.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #2876
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 update

In the AC

Hampton Roads and New Zealand have advanced. NZ in a sweep and Hampton Roads 3-1 over Mudville

In the NC

Pablo has advanced beating the Mets 3-1

The Boogie Knights are going to game 5 vs LAs Vegas. Going down two games to none the Knights won the next two to send the series to the brink. Game 4 was a 19-6 win that picked me about 1,000 points.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #2877
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Congrats to Joe and his Redmond Defenders on their elimination of the Texas Strangers. Good luck the rest of the way!

The bright side is the Strangers get to stay in Bronze and perhaps improve before moving up to Silver.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #2878
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I'd rather not tempt fate and have to face this guy a 4th time this season (as that would mean its probably the deciding game 5 of the LDS), but for whatever reason, Waffletown has had Walter Johnson's number this year. The Syrups take the opening game of the LDS 2-0 with a shared shutout victory over Johnson and the Hatchets. A fantastic performance from Lefty Gomez with support from Hugh Casey and Wilcy Moore give Waffletown a 1-0 lead in the series.

This season (including game 1 of the LDS), Waffletown has faced Johnson three times. Johnson has gone 0-2 (with one no-decision game) with 17.2 IP, 14 hits, 7 runs/earned, 6 BB, 14K and an un-Johnson-like 3.66 era.
Unfortunately, Lefty Gomez was *outstanding* against the Hatchets. Wally J and the Hatchets are glad to see you guys moving up next season!

Congrats!

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #2879
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Findest, have you settled on Logo yet?
I noticed you still used the default on your Entry league team.
Congrats on climbing the ladder....keep up the winning!!!

Make sure to update your friends list and set to “use friends” (At the minimum be-friend the Crusaders and Redmond Birds so we can pull you into Iron league).
Logo is set. I could only find the Redmond crusaders in EP. I didn't find any Birds. There's 6 pages of them. What's the username of the birds?

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-23-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #2880
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 will have an OL champion. The Knights won game five 5-4 and will face the Pablo Pandas. New Zealand and Hampton Roads start their series in the next sim.