Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:35 AM   #21
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Eh, I am happy with any Diamond and above, still can't pull jackcrap. I think I am at least 90 packs in between my 6 teams and my best pull is a 98 Syndergaard in '19. My only other diamond is a 92 Aaron Nola which is horrible for a Diamond from what I see from him. No perfect yet.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #22
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Rip packs to stock the AH for me.

Nah, with Tournys and collections coming I only sell duplicates of sometimes a high end card I replace so I haven't been stocking the AH as much as 19.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:38 AM   #23
neugey
All Star Reserve

I only buy one pack a month and operate on the philosophy that the only good pack is a free pack. Hope to earn some free ones from tournaments.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #24
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
I only buy one pack a month and operate on the philosophy that the only good pack is a free pack. Hope to earn some free ones from tournaments.
Not sure I will have time for tournaments, but you never know. Sounds like it could be fun.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #25
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Yea, you are better-off with the AH for real value (of course), but packs are fun.

For my Free-to-play team, to date, I think I have opened about 43 packs. My first pack, I pulled a perfect Chris Sale; after that, about 7 or so golds. No diamonds.

I was just promoted to diamond level after about 3 seasons in Gold. I have not opened-up a pack in a while, so as I sit in last place at 33 and 48 (not scoring runs, or PP at this point), I said OK, let me get a couple packs and see what happens. Well, it did not work out; the highest card was a silver.

So, I guess I am done with the packs for another long while. I will check in once and awhile, and see if I can slowly improve the team.

This will be my approach to my Bees. They are pretty competitive in gold so when they move up I'll slowly fill out the lineup with affordable diamonds.

My Negro League theme-team Giants will take longer to improve. They are doing decent (won silver last year and doing okay in gold) but there are several Negro League card-set silvers in the lineup. I've slowly upgraded the line up with gold and diamonds (card set and non-card-set MLB/Negro League players like Larry Doby, Elston Howard, Willie Mays, Don Newcombe, Minnie Minoso, and Hank Aaron), but I'm running out of options, especially in the bullpen.The higher diamond and perfect cardset cards are way out of reach.

My Thieves have been pretty middling and I may just designate them as my pack ripping team for fun.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Ripping the Challenge Mode packs is all the pack ripping I need to know it's not worth it. Wednesday is one of the days I do it.. can't wait to open up those 5 Irons and a Bronze.

How do you get Challenge Mode packs?

I have three teams so which team receives the packs?

I'm assuming Challenge Mode is in the regular OOTP game mode (I've seen the option but never opted in). Does it help to pick a good team like the 1927 Yankees?

How often do you get packs? After every good season?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #27
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

whichever one you are signed into.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #28
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
How do you get Challenge Mode packs?

I have three teams so which team receives the packs?

I'm assuming Challenge Mode is in the regular OOTP game mode (I've seen the option but never opted in). Does it help to pick a good team like the 1927 Yankees?

How often do you get packs? After every good season?

You log into PT with the team you want to get the pack, then go back to the start screen and play regular OOTP with the Challenge league settings. I don't know what triggers it, other than getting achievements in the game, but you will eventually get a pack. The 27 Yankees are almost always good for a pack if you play them for a season.

You can only get a pack for a specific PT team once every 72 hours, but you can log out of PT with one team and in with another and get a pack for them, so you can get one pack per PT team every 72 hours.

I have received one Gold pack this way, rest have been standard packs.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #29
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
whichever one you are signed into.

But you don't have to be signed in to play regular OOTP...

EDIT: never mind saw other post...

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 05-16-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:20 PM   #30
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
You log into PT with the team you want to get the pack, then go back to the start screen and play regular OOTP with the Challenge league settings. I don't know what triggers it, other than getting achievements in the game, but you will eventually get a pack. The 27 Yankees are almost always good for a pack if you play them for a season.

You can only get a pack for a specific PT team once every 72 hours, but you can log out of PT with one team and in with another and get a pack for them, so you can get one pack per PT team every 72 hours.

I have received one Gold pack this way, rest have been standard packs.

Cool! Sounds fun!
Old 05-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #31
Charlatan
All Star Starter

If you keep on top of the 72 hour renewal for the free Challenge Mode packs, you can get roughly 2 free packs a week for each team. And it's possible to get gold packs awarded this way also.

As with everything else associated with this game, I use a spreadsheet (Google Sheet) to track when I can get my next free pack. Though the challenge pack award does appear in your Transaction History, so you can refer to that to know when you're eligible again.

As mentioned above, playing the 27 Yankees is a good way to earn these packs. I actually enjoy simming the team multiple times a week, it's like doing a "what if" to see different outcomes. Babe Ruth doesn't hit 60+ dingers for me very often, though he gets close much of the time. However, Gehrig did win the triple crown for me one year.

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-17-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #32
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
If you keep on top of the 72 hour renewal for the free Challenge Mode packs, you can get roughly 2 free packs a week for each team. And it's possible to get gold packs awarded this way also.

As with everything else associated with this game, I use a spreadsheet (Google Sheet) to track when I can get my next free pack. Though the challenge pack award does appear in your Transaction History, so you can refer to that to know when you're eligible again.

As mentioned above, playing the 27 Yankees is a good way to earn these packs. I actually enjoy simming the team multiple times a week, it's like doing a "what if" to see different outcomes. Babe Ruth doesn't hit 60+ dingers for me very often, though he gets close much of the time. However, Gehrig did win the triple crown for me one year.

How do you do the 72 hour renewal for Challenge Mode packs?

I ran the 27 Yankees last night and won a pack at the end of the season (lost the Series).

Also won a pack with the 53 Dodgers - very early in the season. Not sure what triggered it...
Old 05-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #33
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:

I ran the 27 Yankees last night and won a pack at the end of the season (lost the Series).

Also won a pack with the 53 Dodgers - very early in the season. Not sure what triggered it...

By trying again 72 hours later if I understand the question.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #34
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Out of curiosity, where do all those historical 100s in the AH come from?

Is someone printing them in their basement? I pulled a 100 Clemens with my money team and at the time he was going for a pretty penny. More than I would have paid.

I have never pulled a 100 card never even owned one

and I've only pulled 3 Diamond Cards
Just wasting money so I buy right out of auction house.
1 problem I keep seeing in Gold & Silver leagues is so many teams with 100 & Diamonf Cards in those leagues. THeyn run amuck through the league & come folling year they still in Gold leagues. How are teams promoted? by record or buy Card Values on your team, because one team has I guess his limit on cards able to have active and has nothing but 100 & Diamonds on reserve players. while his active teams go 122-40 during year. It's just getting not fun anymore. thinking of just going back to playing OOTP historical play again & forget the PT
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #35
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
By trying again 72 hours later if I understand the question.
That is correct - I was trying to say I track when I receive my pack so I know to try again 72+ hours later.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #36
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
But you don't have to be signed in to play regular OOTP...

EDIT: never mind saw other post...
you do have to be signed in to play challenge mode though. Which is how it corresponds.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #37
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:

To be extremely precise, you check the transaction history to know the exact time down to the second you received the pack, then add 72 hours to it.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote