Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 03-27-2018, 10:32 PM   #1021
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

sounds good. thanks and have a good day.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #1022
sprague
All Star Starter

Quick question
Want to use spritze 18db with ootp 19
This was mentioned somewhere but I should ask.
Can I still use and access the neutralized stats part of the db, or is it only usable from the real stats portion. If I recall there was a neutralized problem in ootp 18
Thanks
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #1023
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Quick question
Want to use spritze 18db with ootp 19
This was mentioned somewhere but I should ask.
Can I still use and access the neutralized stats part of the db, or is it only usable from the real stats portion. If I recall there was a neutralized problem in ootp 18
Thanks
dunno. i just use the database as is - and if i find something that really bugs me or looks really weird, i edit - which i find is a lot easier than trying to recreate the players from scratch. never used neutralized stats so can't answer that, but as far as the db working in 19, it does.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #1024
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

I haven't been able to manually or automatically import neutralized or real stat draft pools from Spritze's database after switching over to OOTP19. I could do it manually in 18. Has anything changed with importing historical players this year?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by dpd376; 09-07-2018 at 05:56 PM.
dpd376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #1025
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Spritze,

Will you have an updated version of this for OOTP19?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #1026
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The 18 version works with 19.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #1027
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

So this Database is pretty much done? It will never work with OOTP20?
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #1028
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

the spritze database included

minor league players - all added in OOTP 17
negro league players - all added in OOTP 18
Japanese players - coming in OOTP 21
Korean players - perhaps in OOTP21

So there is not much need for it anymore
Old 04-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #1029
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Spritze is everywhere...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #1030
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the spritze database included

minor league players - all added in OOTP 17
negro league players - all added in OOTP 18
Japanese players - coming in OOTP 21
Korean players - perhaps in OOTP21

So there is not much need for it anymore
Well, Until the OOTP Minor League database can be used stand alone without real Minor Leagues for the purposes Historical or Fictional Leagues and/or Random Entry, I would have to disagree with that
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-10-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #1031
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I guess I do not understand the challenge. Cannot one import any players one wishes to stand alone already?
Old 04-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #1032
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I do not understand the challenge. Cannot one import any players one wishes to stand alone already?
That actually IS the challenge.I guess if you want to go that very tedious and time consuming route Of figuring out who needs imported, their Player ID etc.... It would be so much easier if one could Just Start a league with the database and get all the players including Minor league guys. Not everyone wants to be forced to use Dynamic RL Minor leagues to get all the Historical players in a League. To Start a League in say 1950 with all teams with the basic 5 levels of Minors and have the entire RL Professional Players available. Being forced to use RL Historical Minors the MiLB affiliations would range from 5 teams (StLBrowns) to 20 teams (Brk).

I am in a League that has been going for 34 Seasons Using Spritze Db and is currently in 1994, It can not upgrade to OOTP20.If they could access the Minor League Database they Could make the switch.

For me personally, I'd like to Start a Random debut with 5 levels of Minors and access to ALL the Players, Currently only the players who actually Played at the ML level are available

I am forced to Use Historical Minor Leagues to get access to all the Historical Professional Players. The option of importing all the players every year for drafts is unrealistic for the average Joe imho.

I'm not a Programmer but, It would seem that it wouldn't be that hard to offer the option to include the Minor League Database access to leagues that want to use it in conjunction with the ML Db for any type of league they want to start.
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #1033
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

well obviously the most popular reason only MLB is available for randomization is that Markus uses his own version of a stats translater kind of like the davenport translations available on line but completely different (and better) in every way.

the spritze translations are also similar in a completely different way. besides translating stats over different years it also translates them over league levels and player age. this is how it avoids having a player who hits .400 in a D league at 40 years old having the same ratings as a 25 year old mlb .400 hitter and it does the same for a 20 year old D league .400 hitter. all three wind up with different spritze stats. and then you gotta add in whether that D league was a pitchers paradise or a hitters league. and so on and so on.

the next issue is that the change to ODB files mean things are more difficult as programming must occur to pull data from that format. i would suppose that to be a limited resource.

the spritze db for ootp19 should work in 20. you will just get zeros in the newer fields.

i will see if i can come up with a new spritze database once they have retired me from the historical team.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #1034
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well obviously the most popular reason only MLB is available for randomization is that Markus uses his own version of a stats translater kind of like the davenport translations available on line but completely different (and better) in every way.

the spritze translations are also similar in a completely different way. besides translating stats over different years it also translates them over league levels and player age. this is how it avoids having a player who hits .400 in a D league at 40 years old having the same ratings as a 25 year old mlb .400 hitter and it does the same for a 20 year old D league .400 hitter. all three wind up with different spritze stats. and then you gotta add in whether that D league was a pitchers paradise or a hitters league. and so on and so on.

the next issue is that the change to ODB files mean things are more difficult as programming must occur to pull data from that format. i would suppose that to be a limited resource.

the spritze db for ootp19 should work in 20. you will just get zeros in the newer fields.

i will see if i can come up with a new spritze database once they have retired me from the historical team.
I appreciate everything you do. I have tried in every way I know how to use the Spritze Database in OOTP20 and it just creates Fictional player Draft Pools. In OOTP19 it creates the Pools but players defensive ratings are nerfed ,but that is a workable situation as at least the players are there.

In my own Online League we Rebooted with Historical Minors because of the Hassel of fixing defensive ratings, We started in 1969 so the RL Minors have become less volatile and are fine. But the farther back you go the more Volatile they are.

Thanks for your replies!
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #1035
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

given your experience I probably can no longer make odb files and if that is true then the database is a dead ducky.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #1036
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
given your experience I probably can no longer make odb files and if that is true then the database is a dead ducky.

Well, I've spent all my time trying to get it to work with an existing imported league.

It seems to work fine with a Newly created league and an Inagural draft. Where the Db is set during League creation

If I set it up for Random Debut almost all the players come in at 21yrs old and their ratings are wacked out

If I use the existing league (That has been using that database since it's inception) it won't import real Players
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #1037
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Well, I've spent all my time trying to get it to work with an existing imported league. There have been lots of db structure changes since you created this league initially, I think 18 was the big one.

It seems to work fine with a Newly created league and an Inagural draft. Where the Db is set during League creation

If I set it up for Random Debut almost all the players come in at 21yrs old and their ratings are wacked out since for random debut you are translating already translated stats just a wee little bit of over translated translations are probably appearing translationally speaking

If I use the existing league (That has been using that database since it's inception) it won't import real Players
this last one is a puzzler.

i'll try to create an ootp 20 odb file this weekend and send it to you. worst case is it could work?
Old 04-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #1038
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this last one is a puzzler.

i'll try to create an ootp 20 odb file this weekend and send it to you. worst case is it could work?
Well, It couldn't work any less Thanks
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 05-14-2019, 06:19 AM   #1039
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Somewhere on these boards,I believe Lukas stated that setting up your own minor league was possible, but required some work. I could be delirious, however. I'd like to evolve the majors according to history, but alter some minor league affiliates, minor leaguers teams, fact and fiction. Is this request even feasible???
Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #1040
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286497